1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Aim Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 29 Nov 2017.

?

Should Auto Aim be removed from the game (Except beginner infamy or tutorials)

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Original post updated with a much more clear and concise statement

2. Miku Da Yo 39

I don't think manual aim requires swiping. Its just dragging your right joystick and following your crosshair. when crosshair turns green you can shoot or lead some more

3. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

but what happens when you drag your right joystick up to the edge of the screen and still need your turret to turn some more? letting go will fire the shot

ThatOnion likes this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Silly thread... lol

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Your joystick can only be moved in a circle within the red circle on the screen I outlined. If you want your turret to keep turning just hold the joystick there and wait. Depending on your turret speed your turret will move. Pushing your fingers to a screens edge doesn't do anything so I am kinda confused. Screenshot_20171129-201329_01.jpg

6. Miku Da Yo 39

That's so helpful, at least honor me with your criticism

7. Joey who

It's not possible to play without that locking mechanism. Some phones are too small and some devices can only register 2 fingers touching the device at once

8. Miku Da Yo 39

I think anybody who plays on iphone 5 or larger can handle manual aim. 2017 now cant be many playing on iphone 3 or 4 still right?
    Manual aim still only uses 2 fingers...

9. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

I think manual aim would be a viable option if stuff like nitro and overboost didn't exist

10. Joey who

Moving + turning + aiming would take 3 fingers.

Some new android phones can't even handle 3 fingers. And I personally don't want to have 3 fingers on my phone screen, my 2 thumbs are enough

11. Miku Da Yo 39

Not neccessarily true, they can simply review how each class is doing after implemention and testing and if all ships except speeders are getting hit equally through manual aim then they can nerf as required to balance it out. OB and nitro lets you dodge shots and makes aiming a pain but not impossible. I trust they can balance it

12. Miku Da Yo 39

No you are wrong man.

Moving + turning ship = left joystick = left thumb
    Turning turret + Aiming cross hair along X & Y axis = Right joystick = right thumb

That is how it is in the game now when you try to aim any weapon.
    The only time you need 3 fingers is if you want to move and turn your ship while you are aiming AND switch weapons all at once.

13. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

I don't know we'd have to see how it works.. but imo it'd be near impossible to hit speeders. right now I'm only hitting speeders because I'm able to flick my shot on to them while my turret is lagging behind. You have about a 1 or 2 second window to hit them before they're gone hardly enough time to aim manually

14. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Removing auto aim just simply isn't necessary. The game devs won't do anything that'll annoy the majority of players.

15. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Would be sooooo damn hard to shoot while moving. Game would turn into stale beat down between 2 ships and whoever has better guns wins

Last edited: 30 Nov 2017
    Shadow Moon! and Mr. Aussie like this.
  16. Miku Da Yo 39

Well all i am suggesting is that we should make what you call "turret lagging behind" something we do manually by dragging and holding our right tumbstick. You can still drag hold let it lag a bit then flick within that 2 second window. The only difference is that you are doing the "lagging" part manually.

17. Miku Da Yo 39

How would it still be based on who has better weapons. If anything it should be who has more skill and hit more shots. Of course if you have skill and weps u will win

18. Miku Da Yo 39

Which is why i'm suggesting a beta testing option. This change is too big to implement without consent from actual players testing it in a PTR server

19. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

so you're saying that we move our turrets by holding the right joystick. Right now I swipe the center of the screen to move my turret because using the joystick to aim would mean I would be in scoped in view all the time

20. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Very few players would actually have the skill. Speeders would run rampant and shooters could just overwhelm other ships With the amount of shots they can fire off. Miss one shot it can just fire another. And fixer would benefit the most. A whole lot less damge being done. A lot easier to heal.