1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Frost

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *Rubber Duck*, 29 Nov 2017.

?

Should frost break on damage?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

That is other ships look out. This is offtopic I won't be replying further but as speeder I find shooters OP and I would like much less shooters on team so nerf them to ground so they become useless beyond use. Who needs 5+ shooters every game. Most of the people use shooters and they use it wrong and find speeders hard to kill that does not mean its op that simply mean they are not capable enough. Any shooter (decent) can take down speeder head on if they have proper loadout in the beginning. Don't expect to kill a speeder if you have 2+ mortars.

_devill likes this.
  2. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

His comment is ok, i just ask for reason so when the game team see this they know why it should or shouldnt be changed. Dont want him getting heat from his opinion please and i dont want u getting heat from ur reply so please to others dont keep this argument going.

_devill likes this.
  3. Shadow Moon!

Yeah I mentioned it already I won't be replying further on that topic. Lets keep the thread related to topic.

*Rubber Duck* likes this.
  4. Earel

Earel Active Member

Exactly ! but my opinion it's - no, u can just watch my vote in cast.
    If someone play only defender or shooter they probably vote YES. Because it's pain for them.

5. *Rubber Duck*

Agreed bud, im sure most who vote yes have been victim of the frost torp wich is why im looking for spacifics of why they think the breaking frost part of the nerf is justified in thier own opinion :)

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

It should break with damage,But one shot break is Ridiculous

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. *Rubber Duck*

I agree in a way, i think u mean damage should reduce the time its on u right? Wich i belive that was already being done but i could be wrong. May be wrong at what u mean by yes it should break but not with 1 shot?

8. Earel

Earel Active Member

Mb it's happening with u on yours rate... but look at top ... 66% speeders - why ? because - OP.
    Who can kill 4 ppl in duel ? - Speeder. 1 vs 4...

9. *Rubber Duck*

Im not asking for comments about what boat is OP or not by opinion, i ask again please do not further this argument here. This is about frost breaking, not boats.

_devill and The Otherguy like this.
  10. Babablacksheep

Old frost break mechanics were good,All i wanted was damage reduction and removal stun and frost stack

I voted NO back then for one shot break.However my argument applies only to blaster.Launcher is still usable as assist

TheAntiSnipe, Ian, _devill and 2 others like this.
  11. *Rubber Duck*

Ty for ur input bud, i really hope the devs consider different changes that dont leave perks and training near usless for the blaster, idk much on the launcher topic

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Shadow Moon!

Yes launcher can frost several enemies at once so the effect breaking of all targets is highly unlikely. On the other hand blaster freezes 1 opponent given that how hard it is to land it because of its straight line projection. I still think slowing effect should be scaled instead of damage reduction. Maybe damage reduction is applicable on later stages of the tree but not on early stages, given people at early stages have T3E or T4R big torp at the max.

13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Not at all. Repair pulse nerf was actually justified. Whether you liked it or not it was a great decision on the dev's part.

Frost on the other hand.. Was not nerfed. It was killed. Slottered. Made useless. Poor decision, and actually I find it an act of lazyness. Instead of thinking of a solution to the frost problem they decided to alter it in the easiest and most effortless way possible by making it work like tesla bolt...

14. *Rubber Duck*

Idk if it would have satisfied players but i gathered the speed reduction was a big part of player issues, the amount of speed reduced would have been a better fix IMO. Atm i really dont see the point in full epic frost perks on my torp, and any training in my torp tree for frost...bad thing is its pointless to change the training cuz the other options go towards swift torp amd bandage wich isnt a option in my invatory due to RNG so training slots waisted aswell

Ian and Shadow Moon! like this.
  15. Babablacksheep

Frost was Fine beforw that Crew talent fix update,Hence it leads me think that slowing effect is the main issue since that was what players complained about

16. *Rubber Duck*

Ty guys got your feedback :)

17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Voted "No" even though I have never used and will probably never use frost-torp combo. Just feel bad when I instantly break somebody's frost on accident.

TheAntiSnipe and *Rubber Duck* like this.
  18. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

On another thread, I stated that frost was basically rendered useless. Particularly at the lower infamy levels, where players are simply shooting at anything that comes in sight, without regard to whether its stunned or slowed. Players attempting to use the frost/torp combo were basically being sabotaged by their own teammates, since some teammate would shoot the frost off before the torp got there. I was a proponent of reducing the effectiveness of frost or reducing the amount of time that frost affected the target once being damaged. But to eliminate it completely off of a single hit, was a little excessive. Although in some set ups I do use frost, I am not a torpedo user under most circumstances.

Ian and Shadow Moon! like this.
  19. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Oh nobody understands to leave frost in nightmare eather :(:mad:

Cyn likes this.
  20. *Rubber Duck*

I know 29 votes isnt close to everyone but so far the community seem to agree that this part of the frost "fix" was uncalled for and makes things involving frost ALOT less useful. Please feel free to continue leaving ur opinions base ONLY on the topic of frost breaking on damage. I do hope to jear from more ppl who would vote yes and why they belive it should break and please let them state there opinions without causing arguments about them. Also if u would like it to break on damage i ask do u think the frost perks and training are still useful and worthwile yo keep if frost breaks at any damage?