1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking is Definitely Bugged

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Evilchicken235, 26 Nov 2017.

1. A Ruthless Mango

A Ruthless Mango New Member

If you’re in Nightmare, you’re going to play against EVERYONE else in Nightmare. You made it into the league of the “Best of the best”, so stop crying and play in it.

2. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    We won by far but it does not matter which team wins. You can’t just say a game is fair when the team that looks bad on paper wins, since it could’ve been the rare 1% chance that they won and it’s still extremely unfair.

What I’m trying to point out and explain with this thread is, I don’t think the queues are handled correctly and as intended. Higher infamy players should only get a priority when they could have been kept waiting. However this is not the case as of right now. Many occasions of unbalanced teams have 2-3 extremely high infamy players while the other team has none.

The original picture just shows that the matchmaking failed to sort a match with the same ship tiers AND no fleeting to confuse it anymore. There’s no extremely higher infamy player either. It’s as simple as it can be. What caused it to be off by so much?

3. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Are you this obtuse? Really? Maybe what you are missing (too dull to get it) is that there are 4 other players (usually Ace leaguers) impacted by this as well. If you ever make it that high you may understand, but based off your reply, I doubt it.
    My complaint is about FAIR matching, Not about me trying to not play nightmare, if you feel anyone at 3200 should be in a battle with someone 5 k then you are truly so out of touch and soo below the actual competitive league level that your statements are null and void, just like your ships.

4. A Ruthless Mango

A Ruthless Mango New Member

I’m in and have been in Nightmare league for the past 3 months. I don’t complain about playing against players at 6000, because I’m in the same league as them. Oh and I made it to Nightmare as Mk5 and T4 rare/epics. Those players in Ace 1 are only 1 league below, so because they’re at 3000 you’re saying they can play against players in their league at 3999? Or even those who have redhead Nightmare that season?

5. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Nothing changes, same ole crap system. Hand feeding whale$ infamy.
    How hard is it to split up 4 speeders in one battle instead of having 3 on one team? It's an obvious easy fix.

Attached Files:

6. Flazor

Flazor New Member

You getting carried doesn't count for crap, I'm talking about an obvious unbalance in the matchmaking system. Your reply of "stop crying" implies that there is no balance to fix.
    In fact there is and it is stated by many nightmare players as well.
    Thank you troll

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Wait, one sec. Looking at half those screens, the people that are losing the most are the 3K players being shoved into this mess. I mean, sure out of the Nightmare players your argument stands, but the 3K players pulled into this mess all of a sudden are either given free Infamy for being carried or stripped of it (for the lopsided-ness. This is poor User Experience in my view.

Looking at the bigger picture, the players with the most advantage here are the top players, and they are getting higher and higher in terms of Infamy and a clear tell-tale sign that the matchmaker needs more work.
    It's not about the Nightmare complainers but about the balance.

8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I am already half dead when I see T Pro Ckim YSL on opposing team even though I lose 16 infamy, the fact is I am losing be it 24 or 16.
    When whales are on my team its no fun because unfriends are dead before I can do anything.
    When whales are on unfriends its no fun either because we all die in a minute.

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I agree, I'm in a similar position which is why I haven't been anywhere close to my high lately. The matches are out of balance completely.

That aside, I still think that the Nightmare players are the least of the concern here as we're vested into the game more than the players below and less likely to give up ( although even I'm less motivated to play now because of it), and if 2-3K players are being shafted in these lopsided mess of a match, the enjoyability of this game completely drops. That's a good majority of players right there and I'm sure is a big cause in player drop-off right now.

The matchmaker was a big complaint before this patch, if you look at the game reviews in both app stores, it tells a huge picture of what players think of the previous matchmaker
    ... now it's even worst.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2017
  10. Flazor

Flazor New Member

Finally someone sees my point! Thank you

11. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I don't understand what was wrong with the old matchmaking. I understand high MKs at low infamy is undesirable but what people are not understanding is they have to lose games (on purpose or otherwise) to get that low and keep losing games to stay that low. So other boats in that infamy range are benefiting from free wins as much as "automatic" losses. Honestly I think most of the old match making complaints were just whiners blaming their losses on the "system". Rovio needs to provide better incentives to stay at higher infamy (and disencentives to lower your infamy) rather than complicate the matchmaking trying to handle these situations and make it worse.

Flazor and -SeeKnDeStRoY- like this.
  12. Flazor

Flazor New Member

It's become obvious they are not reading these posts. No response, still same ole messed up systems. I'll quit posting the pics but just for readership, 9 out of 10 battles are literally unbalanced for me. Dropped another 200 infamy today, of course it was fed to whale$ so at least someone gained infamy. 7k will be reached soon at this rate. I will never be a whale. But it seems like the matches are better at lower infamy so i will take my MK6 down to the 3k range and just linger there in order to have fun and help my guild. I don't belong in nightmare anyways, got there by a fluke I'm guessing.
    See ya all in the bay and thanks for supporting (for the most part) my issues with matching.

13. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-11-29-07-54-23.png over and over and over..

14. Jee

Jee New Member

I'm also seeing the same weird match makings and it really eats the joy of playing. :(
    Everybody would be happier to play more if the matches are equal even though the game starting would take a bit more time ;)

Any comments from the DEVS???

Joey who, Flazor and Evilchicken235 like this.
  15. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Not that I did particularly well. But..
    Why is there Two players under 1650 infamy in my team when I'm 2500???

Attached Files:

16. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

The recent update I went from 3k infamy to 38++ so no complaints from me really but I have to question too this "weird" matchmaking wherein one of the team gets a Top player. Usually the system compensates it by adding a low infamy player on that same team. If i were to choose, Id rather be teamed with the top player cause you know he'll be wrecking average joes.

17. baysider

baysider Active Member

CB54E9EB-358B-402E-B19A-E9FE85FCDA7B.png

Flazor likes this.
  18. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

The right moment to post it here (lucky for me he was on my side :D)
    Screenshot_2017-12-02-18-06-08-199_com.rovio.battlebay.png

19. Kcfiret8

Kcfiret8 New Member

I’m glad you said it. It’s gotten stupid and it needs to get fixed. Consistently going up against 10 or more mortars who have a fixer and we don’t. Have gone from 1973 infamy down to 1600 in the span of a day. Somethings not right.

20. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

This is not the issue. Having/not having a fixer was never an issue.