1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Cells: A Real Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The War Net, 26 Nov 2017.

?

Should Power Cells Be Used To Evolve Item Pieces and Perks?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. The War Net

The War Net Member

Everyone on the Bay has this issue, and we all agree: Power Cells are friggen Pointless!
    But fear not my fellow Captains, it does not have to be this way. Some of you may remember a few months ago I proposed an idea during a stream with a solution that received overwhelming support. Here again I propose this idea.

What is this miracle solution to the ever growing stockpiles of Power Cells you ask?

Power Cells are specifically designed to allow for item evolution. So in keeping with that ideology: Allow Power Cells to be used to evolve item pieces and perks. For example: 2 rare item pieces to make 1 epic, 2 rare perks to make one epic. Using gold to evolve them, just as you do in game. Or even make it 3 like going for a Tier 5 item.
    Each one would require legendary power cells, as well as each lower tier to evolve, providing a long sought solution to using them.

This would also solve a vast majority of the hatred and anger we have all experienced when hitting legendary power cells on the LEGENDARY RAFFLE BOARD. While I don't have an exact number of cells, pieces, perks or gold to be used in order to evolve to each level, I think even giving the option to do this would be a massive win in the eyes of the players.

If you agree with what I am proposing, please take the time to answer on the following poll! Thank you for taking the time to read and vote on this possibly beautiful solution to such a hated item!

Last edited: 26 Nov 2017
  2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I would be happy if epic powercells and legendary powercells Get used up to evolve rare item pieces and perks

Rare power cell,I dont think it would helpful.
    Reason:-- i calculated my own powercells and based on some forum posts,those get used up pretty fast.With no way to directly buy,Lot of players are struggling for evolving T5 items

Anyways Nice idea!!:)

The Otherguy and Uerguy like this.
  3. The War Net

The War Net Member

To be honest, you're the first person I've heard say they don't have enough power cells. Of any rarity. Even on my free to play accounts, I am literally laden with power cells that currently serve no purpose. Including legendary ones that I will never be able to use, because its a free to play account. And every time I hit legendary power cells on the raffle, it's like a figurative slap in the face to me because I will never evolve a legendary weapon on those accounts.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  4. ~ Sh00t 2 KiLL ~

~ Sh00t 2 KiLL ~ New Member

Being able to lvl perks is what I want for sure.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Babablacksheep

There are some posts about it if you search thro forums.I know you play fixer.By Using a single boat you can save great amount of resource,But those play multiple boats(hence upgrade multiple weapoms) have faced such problems

This wont be a big issue for me tho,I m just stating something that should be taken in to account (i have 400+ rare powercells as of now)

@Jennyfur3810 @envylife are two i know curretly who have run out of them

6. The War Net

The War Net Member

On my free to play accounts I use every single boat. And upgrade every single item in the game. I legit have every single item in uncommon, and most in rare. Only a couple epics so far.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I think I have the same problem. I'm near T5 Evolution for 5 of my items and have currently in my inventory only 190 Powercells. The problem is that I upgrade a lot of secondary weapons and items in order to make guild quests and have different setups. However I achieve to get up from 190-180 to 200-210 rare powercells easily by scrapping green items from star crates and commons. I've started buying and scrapping common in big amounts (500-600k gold) in order to get blue pieces - hopefully leg ones too, but haven't got no luck-. While scrapping 100 commons i've gotten around 15 and 30 rare powercells, so I think it won't be a problem when i'm able to evolve to T5.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Scarcity of rare and epic powercells maybe found in few cases. But honestly who needs common power cells? And after some time uncommon powercells too become burden.
    Trading or selling option would be great even though we get little to nothing gold or sugar.

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Alternative power cell solution.
    Get rid of them all.
    And replace with an equal number of parts for every power cell.
    Ex. If u have 250 epic power cells. Now...you would have 250 more epic parts.

Power cells are pointless. And the worst raffle prize one can get.
    Forget the way it has been. Just consider it already takes...Gold, sugar, Pieces, and Parts: to get or evolve items into complete use. But Wait.....now add power cells?
    This is a complete added nonsense it by game developers. And sadly comes off as a money grab.
    Lets stop using them all together. Recently many countries and many states around the world are going into the entire video gaming industry and the gambling nature of purchases where u can't control what u get. The power cell is very much a version of this. And would be exhibit A against battle bay. Really try explaining why power cells are needed to evolve items. When everything about is also?

Doesn' fly. At least the above items listed are used more in game play. Not power cells.

But speaking of my other topic. Gambling in epic box purchase and not being able to guarantee your purchase what u receive. There should be a whole forum post about this
    Battle Bay. I hope you paid attention to EU and the latest move to get rid of micro tranactions to prevent the sniff of gambling?
    Current $100 spent goes a short way in this game to making any real progress.
    Rethink your in game economy. And
    Please start with removing all power cells.

10. The War Net

The War Net Member

Both are solid points.
    While I am all on board with a selling option, the Devs are not. So a creative solution was required for this issue. Please take a moment to vote up above!

11. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Yup, 100% correct
    20171126_112616.png
    I took the leap to all rare+ items many many months ago. Common/uncommon powerells are COMPLETELY pointless for people like me. Soon enough rare powercells will be put on the shelf too!

I like the idea of having them be able to upgrade other items. Powercells are the evolution item in BB, so having them evolve item pieces and perks is a great idea.

However, we would run into the same issue quickly. Common powercells would be used to evolve...what? There is no common item pieces or perks, the same goes for uncommon powercells in the fact that there is no uncommon item pieces.

Maybe what we could do to solve this would be to combine multiple of one type of powercell into better ones. 5 common for 1 uncommon, 5 uncommon for 1 rare, etc. (I know this idea has been said before).

I like the idea of giving more purpose to powercells, but how can we smooth out the details?

12. The War Net

The War Net Member

While I would love to just get rid of them, again, this isn't really a creative solution. At least by allowing the power cells to be used to evolve more stuff, this useless item would prove extremely beneficial, especially to free to play people. Which would provide a good balance to the solution you seek in regards to gambling by increasing the odds of players getting the stuff they want and/or need.

13. The War Net

The War Net Member

Just like upgrading items requires parts from all lower levels, so would evolving item pieces and perks. More Commons>Uncommons>Rares>Epics>Legendaries

Shadow Moon! and Babablacksheep like this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

Look at those common and uncommon powercells. What am I supposed to do with those?
    And 28 legendary :p
    After 7.5k matches I have 7 red legendary pieces how rovio expects me to get 2 same legendary weapons lol. Screenshot_20171126-231248_01.jpg

15. The War Net

The War Net Member

Read my previous reply to Captain Gilligan. lol. Literally just answered that question.

16. Babablacksheep

Your rare stock will last soon,4 rare weapon upgrade to T5 and you are done

17. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Anyways Powercells should be removed from Guild raffle. If there must be a lame prize, let it be uncommon and rare parts, not powercells...

18. Shadow Moon!

Yeah good idea. But that will bring those epic and legendary weapons in reach for F2P players.
    Which will be bad for business.
    Instead as previously discussed here on forums lets combine those power cells 40 common powercells will give us 4 uncommon powercells something like that.

19. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

It's true, I and a few other people have run out of rare power cells. Due to guild quest I have several rare weapons I am leveling up and ran down to 20 power cells. Luckily with lack of training I haven't been able to use them and have gotten more from the raffles. But it still isn't anywhere as much as I would need to continue leveling up all my items.

20. The War Net

The War Net Member

As previously discussed, the devs have shot down any sort of selling or scrapping power cells, as well as doing away with them. So another solution is required!