1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Speeder--The ins and outs

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 25 Nov 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Alright, guys, I'm trying to make this section a pure speeder section. Basically, I want the entire community to share builds as the meta shifts over time. Here's what I'm talking about.

We all know that each speeder setup in BB is different. @yellowocean I appreciate the great groundwork you laid for the speeder setups. But I think we should hear what EVERY speeder on the community thinks about their own build. So, I want EVERY speeder on the forum to contribute those builds that they use.

What I want(template):--
    Build name; Playstyle
    1.Loadout
    2.Strategy(Basics and advanced, all situational tips and tricks)
    3.Pros and cons
    4.What makes the build great, from your perspective

Now, I encourage diversity, but I want everyone to follow the above template. I'm gonna do mine as an example.

Name:The blast+flare combo
    Style: Assassin
    Loadout: Blast cannon with all burn perks, flare gun with all duration perks, stun, nitro, OB, turbo, big shield, bandage(in case of mk6), swap nitro for tesla in case of mk6
    Strategy:
    1.At the start of the match, scout around, maybe command your teammates to target high value targets.
    2. When enemies are spotted, don't march in. Tell your shooters to fire, while dealing light midrange damage while evading shots.
    3. Wait, wait, AND wait, dealing damage, trading shots, until a target drops in your "damage range". That is, you should be able to take out the target in a single weapon burst.
    4. Then blitz in. Your agility should allow you to dodge most projectiles and all mortars on the bay under normal conditions. Take out your target, flare+stun+blast, or flare+blast+nitro through them.

Situational plays:
    A. Double fixers.

Don't YOLO into the enemy, stun one fixer and command your team to focus fire on the other, so the first fixer won't be able to heal the second. If there's a shooter cluster around the two fixers, take rear flank, stun the first fixer, and fire a flare+blast at the nearest convenient shooter while commanding your team to attack the second fixer.
    Use tip C for further knowedge on what you should do in case of fixer on your team.

B. Single fixer:
    Stun fixer, focus fire on shooters, while distracting said fixer so that the team cannot be healed. Follow tip C as well.
    C. All shooters:
    YOLO! Just kidding. Play it risky, but not too risky. If you have a fixer on your team, make rushes into the enemy, regularly coming back for heals. Without a fixer on your team, you should play it resourceful, making passes and not getting shot. Defend your fixer as far as possible. If it's a selfish fixer, treat him as a kinda slower speeder-defender hybrid, and don't defend them. If the enemy team has a selfish fixer, ignore him upto mk5, at mk6, be careful.
    D. Speeders
    With other speeders, it's freestyle. Protect your teammates, and try to chase enemy speeders off or kill them. NEVER call a hit on an enemy speeder unless one of your teammates is a MLG 360° noscope sniper. They'll miss, and reduce pressure on the rest of the enemy team. Capture becomes a good option on maps like chillzone and waypains, maybe dropdead and depot, NEVER crash n burn or destruct. Many matches can ve won through some good capturing, IF the enemy speeders are occupied or non-existent.
    Pros and cons:
    This setup is one of the most unnerfable setups in the game, it is versatile, and with good map knowledge, you'll become a scaryyyyyyy opponent to fight. Accuracy and agility are important aspects of this setup, and so is good judgement. Pyro shooters are your best friends on your team. Napalm + flare + blast does beastlike damage.
    But this setup is bad against snipers and area control speeders using mines. You need a huge amount of focus to consistently hit both parts of the combo, and you'll find yourself becoming a mine+torp magnet if you don't pay attention to the environment.
    What makes this build great:
    Versatility and amazing damage rating.
    The blast+flare can also be an excannon+flare, but that advice is something I'm not qualified to give, since I don't use it.

Well, your turn, all the other speeders!

2. TheAntiSnipe

3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol what? I never start any duals just because I don't like something or someone. I am just the type salt for salt guy increasing pH value of bay water;)

Tirth2_ and • Percy • like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Oi, it wasn't specific to you! Those mentions were to the speeders I know. Lol.

• Percy • and vis1234567899 like this.
  5. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Note: do not copy this set-up, this set-up is only because i only have these two weapons
    Name: Big Berta pus blast cannon
    Style: I am told it is kind of support
    Loadout: the above weapons plus nitro and overboost, bandage and turbo (mk4 speeder) no perks at all ( big scrapper)
    Strategy: 1. At the start just stick with shooters.
    2. When enemies spotted shoot mortar from behind friendly shooters
    3. When there is only 2 or 3 enemies left then move in and start dancing around them in circles mortaring and shooting, aim trying to bunch them up so one mortar shot hits them all.
    4. If low on health then zoom away and recover then come back
    5. if stuck in vs 2 i would hide until they go to capture zone and then suprise them with mortar shot.
    Pro: long range and short range play
    allows me to do as much damage as shooters in many cases
    allows me to target shooters and defenders easily with mortar then blast cannon for speeders and enforcers.
    cons: useless aginst a speeder with flare plus cannon combo
    infact useless against many other combos
    no extra damage for combo

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
  6. noelips

noelips Member

Really, enforcer is my main but I think it would be cool to share my speeder loadout here.

Build name: I don't know about a build name, but I named my speeder The Yellow Surfer.
    Style: Stealthy, all range, cleaner.
    Loadout: Carronade with damage perks, Big Torpedo with damage perks, Overboost x2 with OB perks and HP perks, Nitro with hp perks (for 3rd slot), Turbo with turbo perks, Bandage with repair boost perks, Rudder or Gear lube with relevant perks or hp perks (for 3rd slot, undecided on which).
    Strategy:
    General strategy #1: Speed off from the team to find a good spot to hide and wait for the battle to begin, attempt to scout during this time as well. Charge on a player away from the group or hanging off the side of the group. Speed away after firing your weapons, rejoining with your friends. Repeat as unfriends get weaker.
    General Strategy #2: Hang with the team, or lag behind, firing off torpedos. Split away from the group only to finish off unfriends with low hp.
    Tips for different situations:
    1. If the entire team decides to split into groups or go different ways, go join the smallest group or the player you think has the best chance of getting you through the entire battle alive. Follow general strategy #2.
    2. For general strategy #1, join the battle as soon the both teams have begun to trade serious blows. Try to target the unfriend with the lowest health unless they're in the middle of the group.
    3. Always bails after firing both weapons.
    4. Always keep an OB ready to speed out of sticky situations. (Or nitro if you have it.)
    5. Always act like you don't have a fixer on your team. There isn't much you can do for them besides attempt to draw fire away from them. Just drop by for some healing when you really need it.

Pros and Cons:
    The carronade and big torp combo can deal massive damage at high levels. But its extremely hard to connect properly due to the global cooldown and the carronade's really short frost.
    You've got pretty low health at all Mks, but the bandage can get you back in the game quicker.
    My speeder is pretty slow because I leveled up my carronade almost to its max. To counter this I put all the speed perks i get on all my speed related items. The HP perks are fillers.
    What makes this build great:
    Um... this was just a creative build I realized one day. It's unique because of its ability to frost torp an unfriend without using a real frost item. But it's really hard to land. Your timing has to be perfect. And it can't be done if your torp is too fast. Meaning that it won't work with a swift torp. I wish I could give some tips on how to land this combo but I'm still working on landing it myself. The most I have so far are these:

1. Fire the torpedo first.
    2. Get closer.
    3. Freeze unfriend right before the torpedo hits.

And these are the problems I know I need to solve still:
    1. To get closer I have to spend at least 2 seconds in global cooldown. At what distance should I be to fire off my torpedo, get closer, hit the unfriend with carronade and still have the torpedo comnect.
    2. To garuantee a torpedo hit, I need to be pretty close anyway, right? At what speed should my torpedo and I be travelling to connect with my target at the time I intend?
    3. I have at least 2 seconds to get closer. What is the best angle to fire at, get closer and hit the unfriend with my carronade without getting in the way of my torpedo?

So far, I've only landed this combo "properly" once and my torpedo hit a wall in that instance (so I didn't really get it but i did). But it has proven to me that the combo is indeed possible to pull off. Just gotta practice at it.

yellow flash, Cryix and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

@Blood Raven You add yours build too Railgun and missiles speeder.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Oi, sniper cannon, not missiles lol

9. Shadow Moon!

Sniper + Railgun
    Sniper + Missiles

10. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Build name: Miner/ Mine-Speeder
    Play style: Map Control
    1.Loadout: (MK4) Blast Cannon+Mines/Tesla Bolt+Nitro/Standard Shield+Turbo
    2.Strategy(Basics and advanced, all situational tips and tricks): Your main focus is STRATEGICALLY placing mines to limit the enemies' movement. This strategy lowers the chance of a big push from your enemies' side and allows your team to damage them and minimize return fire. In games where you have a fixer it allows fixer to heal team more effectively since the enemies are limited.

Place mines around corners so your enemies have a higher chance of going into them...

Be sure to space the mines so that ships can't go through them without hitting one, you want them to be spaced out but not too spaced out.

If you see your enemies in a crowd throw a mine in the middle, the confusion may lead to a mistake and you might get to damage multiple enemies with one mine...

You can use mines to help your team out... if you see one of your teammates in danger, place mines in front of the enemy so they will be less likely to continue pursuing your ally.

Go for key points when placing mines... entrances, cap zone, and if you are quick enough enemy spawn point(They may think its a friendly mine and ignore it.)
    3.Pros and cons

Pros- Limits enemies which is very influential in the outcome of a battle, mines do a lot of damage when they hit...
    Cons- Mines are easily avoidable by enemies paying attention to their surroundings, Speeder sacrifices direct gun power for mines...
    4.What makes the build great, from your perspective- I feel like I have more control over the battle which is very good in battle bay since you can be the best player and still get no where with a bad team...

Last edited: 26 Nov 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

Here are my 2 cents on speeder build that I use.

Setup: Sniper Cannon and Explosive Cannon
    Playstyle: Supportive and Dualist
    Yellow items: Overboost, Tesla Stun and Nitro.
    Blue Slots: Big Shield and Turbo.

This build is effective at any range and any map. So no extra advantage in wayward pains like torpedo users have.
    It can be used at multiple ranges like you can weez around and do chip damage with your sniper cannon helping your team out and stunning people occasionally. You can rush into players with low health quickly taking them out of play. So this build can also be called a hit and run assassin build.

The only disadvantage of this build is exploding cannon need to be used in mid range exposing you to enemy fire and needs proper aiming and almost every time leading your target even at short range( waves makes it even harder in short range).
    You can achieve greater success with this build when you get to mark 6 and have access to tesla shield and bandage along with big shield. Shield can protect you when you reach out an opponent to take him or her out.

Perks of my choice on this build.
    -Sniper obviously all crit chance perks.
    -Explosive cannon I used all damage boost perks but you can exchange one of them to fire damage perk it comes down to personal choice.
    -Overboost and Stun no doubt duration perks.
    -With shield I go for more hp so hp boost perks on my shield just to scare off other team speeder if he or she is running a bandage instead of shield. 2.3k vs 4.1k.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2017
    Cryix and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Name: The Mine+Blastie combo
    OR
    The Torp+Blastie combo
    Style: Area Control/HitNRun Assassin
    Loadout: (Mk 5) Mines/Big Torpedo + Blast Cannon | Overboost + Tesla Bolt + Nitro | Big Shield + Turbo
    This build is VERY effective in Wayward Pains and Chill Zone, because of the small area to fight in. People run into torpedoes and back into mines all the time.

Pros: High damage. Blast cannon leads easily and you can hit any target when you know how to use it. One point weapon: and deals a high amount of damage. The torpedo does impressive damage and is not VERY hard to play with. The mines, just throw them about. Make sure you put them around corners and in shipwrecks.

Cons: It takes a considerable amount of skill to lead your torpedo and you might run into other mines and torpedoes trying to fire properly. You also miss your torpedoes more than you hit them (unless you're @Bunta @@YSL or @SmileSHARK533m). You need a good eye for environment. You might also run into the unfriends team trying to lay mines down.

Rinse & Repeat likes this.
  13. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

Name = The cannon+Grenade Combo
    Style = Aggressive
    Loadout = Cannon with all burn perks and Grenade with all burning percentage chance , Nitro with hp perks and Tesla Shield with duration perks , Bandage

Strategy

1. Go from a uncommon side where no one will come from
    2. Get back and shoot while hiding (Mainly shoot at fixers)
    3. If someone alone spotted you then see about him.....( if he is a fixer then fight him.....if he is a shooter then see his hp and fight if his hp is low.......if he is a defender try to fight bcz defenders are slow.........don't fight with enforcers bcz their turret agility is good and u can't easily dodge.......if he is a speeder then see his weapons and think tht u should fight or not)
    4. If two or more people spotted u then run as fast as u can
    5. The main thing is that if u r very close to a mortars bullseye and u can't use nitro bcz it is its coolodown time.....thn don't run jst use tesla shield and go at the center ;) u r safe :p

Benefits of loadouts

1. We are using speeder so our weapons reload time should be fast also so cannon is a good choice
    2. As we r using percentage perk in grenade there will be more than 15% chance (in mine case the chance is 22%) so go near them use a grenade and hit with a cannon :)
    3. As i mentioned above if u know how to use tesla shield then it can also defend u from morters

Note = Its only for mk3

Sorry, if i had mistaken in english bcz m from india and m a kid so i don't know english bcz my mother tongue is hindi :oops::oops:

Last edited: 2 Dec 2017
  14. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

I play mk4 speeder and my current setup is:
    Lv.30 Rare Explosive Cannon (perks: +10.5% crit chance)
    Lv. 30 Rare Grenade (perks: +27% crit chance)
    Lv. 18 Epic Overboost (perks: +1.8s duration)
    Lv. 20 Rare Tesla Bolt (perks: +1.6s duration)
    Lv. 28 Rare Turbo (perks: +55% to turbo effect)
    Lv. 21 Rare Standard Shield (perks: +300 HP)

I don't know what to call my playstyle but I have to wait for all of the unfriends appear on the map then decide from there. Always targeting fixer or lowest hp from the unfriends side.

Sometimes I try to divide the unfriends by luring them into direction opposite to where my teammates are all going to. After the division I boost my speed back to where all my teammates are. It gives us a swift 5 vs 3 or 5 vs 2 advantage.
    If there is only one chasing me then it will definitely be a duel between me and the unfriend. My 8.6s tesla bolt is powerful at my current level.

Pros: Explosive cannon and grenade can deal area damage if the unfriends stay very close together.

Cons: Sometimes died too early in battle. Mostly from torpedoes cos I am not very good at calculating the trajectory. Best if there is a fixer that will patch me up after going in and out of the unfriends area.

And I like it very much when I am the only speeder in the arena.

And the result of my setup and my playstyle is: I am still struggling to get to Master league div.1. Keep bouncing between 1500 and 1800 infamy

Last edited: 3 Dec 2017
    • Percy • likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Mind deleting that post? I want a pure strategy subreddit here. Like, just strategy, no conversation. No offence!;)

• Percy • likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

And guys? Would you mind making your posts nice and colorful? A scheme like mine would be neat. It isn't compulsory, but it will be fun to read. I love the fact that y'all posted, but this would be loved.

17. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Alright i’m not going to write an essay, because i’m a bit sick and tired

Setup (experimental): Grenade launcher + blast cannon
    Loadout: ’nade & blast, ob, tesla shield & stun, turbo, big shield and bandage
    Perks: Grenade all fire, blast 2 dmg one fire dmg and rest the usual

Used frosttorp before the nerf, started this combo until i get my rg to t5

Strategy:
    If possible, play hit & run right from the beginning. Go scout, fire grenade, if grenade crits follow with a blast shot, else retreat or fire your blast, stun or shield depending on the situation
    If the map isn’t very good (for example Dropdead Gorge) stay with your team, block some shots, stay alert on flanking speeders
    Kill the lonelies. They are the easiest targets to kill and to reach if you are a speeder. After your team has taken down like 1-3 enemies, blitzkrieg ending!! Shield on, stun enemy, bomb one, boost behind them and repeat until dead!:D
    Do this every time exept against speeder teams (3-5 speeders). Then stick with the team and protect it with stuns and blocking shots.

Pros:
    Good dmg in a short time, low cooldown weps, good support
    Cons:
    Grenade dmg comes mostly from fire and it is boosted in the late talent tree, weps have pretty short range, aiming with grenade is hard at first

The build is good because of high dmg output ( if my t5 rare ’nade crits and blast hits, total dmg is ~2300 in 5 secs so dps is over 400)
    It also has a high risk (grenade crit) but a high reward for a skilled player.

Damn i still wrote a short essay :oops::rolleyes:

• Percy • and TheAntiSnipe like this.