1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio Devs: The Ultra League

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 25 Jul 2017.

1. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:phewww

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Ckim

Ckim Member

I’ll also put it more simply for ya since you’re a student.

Whether there was game reset or not, there are always bigger whales in the battle bay and the real world. Most whales don’t have to wait since they have a job to offset the constraints within the application with “in-app purchases”.

There are 100+ new nightmare players every season and most aren’t “before global launch” captains in my knowledge.

Study hard and create amazing portfolio! I hope you succeed in your endeavors of becoming game designer so in the future you can become one of the “whales”.

Thanks for reading.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. vis1234567899

Being a student who is over 13 i hope , he can hear the complicated version but i get what both of u are saying, the problem is both of u are at different stages. u are a 4000 and he is at 2100 so without u both being in each others shoes u wont have the same belief about the game. Trust me it will look different.
    Also why do u think he will become a "whale" as u are making him sound like a hypocrite when he is expressing his view which i also support. I am sure he wont as really doesnt becoming a whale take the fun out of a progression game

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wow tho. Were you offended? I think you were, looking at your message. I'm sorry if my message offended you. Back to point.

In my opinion, the league should be implemented since such players exist and their number is going to continue to increase. To keep them happy, Rovio needs to increase the number of leagues, but THIS is going to keep happening. The concrete part is: This should be done.
    The non-concrete part is: How will you make a definate endgame? Which will simultaneously keep everyone happy?

Thanks for reading is my signature line, it isn't sarcasm or an offence. I sincerely thank people for going through my long winded posts.

5. vis1234567899

I think we should stop taking this a bit too personal ( both of u) but yes the Antisnipe is right but Ckim u also have a valid point
    Also 'lets keep offense out of it'
    Lol that is my favourite quote from a literary heritage text ; 'An Inspector Calls" Hey antisnipe if u are learning english u should know about it

6. TheAntiSnipe

Actually, I don't! Let's talk in personal chat.

7. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    See how peaceful and tranquil this thread is now? #worldpeace :3

8. TheAntiSnipe

Yaa! #worldpeace lol. But what do you think? Are my points valid? As to this thread, leave everything else. Should this league exist?

9. vis1234567899

yes as i think it would get boring if u were always reset to 4k, u have to grind so much every week to get to 6k for it to be reset afterwards

10. • Percy •

9th grader
    Just went through this entire thread...

Apart from the name-calling, I think this is a great idea. Being a young dude, I'm not sure about all this "game economy" and stuff, but it seems fair, to me. @American Marauder's idea was good, but the only thing I'd change is the name :p

Maybe "Legendarily Epic" XD or not :p

11. vis1234567899

lol

12. TheAntiSnipe

Lol GG to that one.

13. vis1234567899

Maybe the Unattainable league

14. • Percy •

9th grader
    Or the Battle Pay League :D

15. vis1234567899

hey stop saying pay, i might get out my non-existent credit card

16. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

I like the idea of an ultra league with an entry at 5k start point but I still think infamy should be reset every season to 4k. Otherwise infamy creep will just continue to be a problem. Also for extreme prizes like legendary perks etc they should be much harder to attain and so no one should automatically get to stay in "Ultra" league.

• Percy • and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

OMG 40 minutes to match up a battle? that's a lot of time :eek::eek::eek:
    That's a good reason to keep my infamy as low as it is right now (not that's actually my choice, I'm just a noob lol )

18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I posted this at the bottom of Pg10, but the "infamy creep" issue of having high-Mk ships at lower levels is because of the infamy reset, not in spite of it.

I do believe there needs to be a reset, in order to continue giving the high-end players something to fight for; similar to how league placement is determined by "peak infamy during season" - when it was "infamy at end" you had people scared to continue playing for fear they'd fall off their game and not get promoted. But I think with players now routinely breaking the 5k threshold, it's probably time to split Nightmare into three leagues similar to the rest. Maybe start with

4000-4500
    4500-5000
    5000+

Matchmaking will still occur cross-league, as it always does, but only the top level (5000+) would be reset.

19. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    bumb

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student