1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Does reporting any ship for FLOATING do anything?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by THE ONE (sniper), 22 Nov 2017.

1. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Should i take the extra time to report. So far i have. But does it really do anything?

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Yes, it does. :)
    The way I understand it is: once a player has a certain amount of reports for anything, he gets suspended (or chat banned) for an amount of time. The more reports, the more chance of getting perma banned.
    Serious reports are manually investigated. (Harassment, etc)

3. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Awesome! Thanks

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Can confirm it does - we are working through cheating/floating reports daily ;)

5. Kean

Kean Member

What is the point to ban them? They can create a new a/c again. I encountered 6 floaters in 6 battle in a row. What could I say?

The best way to prohibit such tanking behavior is to put them together with those tankers.
    Also, I hope the developers take note of the suggesstion to assign the "infamy" to each type of ship instead of the player. In addition, the developers should also consider creating a weapon mapping system where certain levels of weapons are not allowed to use for certain low level ships. This will help stopping high level playes to abuse the system by using their t5 (rare, epic or even legendary) weapons to gain infamy from low level battles. I am sure this will encourage players to develop their skills in certain type of ship. Also, we can create a ranking system to rank player skills in each ship category.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2017
    Stalie likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Your suggestions are good! We tried asking the devs but it hasn't been formally discussed here. One can always hope xD

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    And spend months getting back where they were. Or spend $$$ so we don't have to. It's a win/win. :D:p:)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Kean

Kean Member

Some of us actually stop playing the game after the recent matching shitfest. It is not so fun to battle with t5 weapons when we have the basic ones. It is not a fair playing ground. Likewise, can a college tennis player beats Nadal or Federer....!! This is the current situation. Hence, some of the players give up half way through the battle because we have no chance to battle regardless of the skill levels.

THE ONE (sniper) likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Where were you, bro? Infamy, I mean.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s @Miika ’s punishment for getting himself ‘screen captured’ in chat, during the guild exploit.

He’s locked in a basement somewhere at Rovio HQ, and forced to look at unending floating reports, while wearing a hat that says “loose lips sink ships” :D

a_creeper_won likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Poor dev.

12. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Screen captured? Did i miss something lol

13. TheAntiSnipe

Yea, it was during that board 1 spamming exploit. He made a little mistake which allowed some jackasses to complain using his reply as a screenshot.

14. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Ahhh. I missed that. That whole farming thing was a mess

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

What happens to the reports of those players who use t1 commans and uncomman gear at nightmare and ace 1 matches. Do these people get some Justice done ?

16. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Pretty sure weapons use doesnt really consist of actualy reporting behaviour. And if they do you it will most likely mean for quest purposes. A bad choice for sure but some ppl have no common sense

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  17. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

I know of a player called Firepower1, had reported him several times, nothing happens to him, he has his shooter and defender at MK6 and the rest of them at MK5, Capt lv41, sitting at 1200 inf right now; you might ask: how can he be so low on inf? He’s a damn common floater. And guess what? Nothing has happened to him.

18. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

I think it should. They come with no use weapons and expect their team to carry them. Which always always doesn't happen. Every player has to make some contribution in the match to ensure a victory. And because of their stupidity the team has to suffer. So saying "just trying out new weapons" or "doing quest" is lame. Upgrade your items and do as many quests you want. Nobody is stopping you to do that.

19. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

This will not happen I will tell you why,
    1) It's game for us but business for rovio. They need money and people choose to progress faster by paying more and playing less. But eventually they will hit a end too because certain pool of players will also have weapons worthy of competition then they will start losing again and will be matched up lower league players untill they upgrade their gear or ship.
    2) And its not much of difference really up here in ace league almost everyone has T4E or Legendaries and rest have T4R still matches are well worth playing. Pay to win guys ain't going any further unless they use it well.