1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of the weapon spam !!!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HighHammer, 21 May 2017.

1. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

After playing this game for a while I realized Theres something seriously not right with allowing players to equip as many as of a weapon like mortars as they want on a ship. Well theres people out there surly abusing the un-thought through mistake in the game and ruing the game.
    There must be a certain slots to equip a certain types of weapon or a limitation on how many of a same weapon a player could equip on their ship.
    Please give it a though and come up with a way to fix this. Ive spend a Fair amount of money on this game to support the game and its development so lets hope it never went to wast ...
    Best regards.

Anomalix and PigStory like this.
  2. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

You already complained about mortars. Don't be the world of tanks arty guy. Mortars have their place and aren't always easy to strike with. Speeders damn near impossible and a team with relatively good speed can keep out of them if not just hide where mortars cannot fire.

3. Lookas

Lookas Member

Well,it's true.I hate too when the enemies are having lots of mortars,firebombs and especially napalms.
    But adding a limitation to these weapons would put some ship classes in a disadvantage.

PigStory and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  4. - C l o u d y -

- C l o u d y - Member

A Person ⊙︿⊙
    If you have spent money you should obviously be way ahead.
    Also I wont even start because there are already limitations with weapons in place.
    If you don't like it that higher tier players have more slots then lvl up and use the same amount as they do.
    No sense in complaining about such a thing.
    Just saying bro.

llynn.83 and Softmurks like this.
  5. Bloodbait

Bloodbait New Member

Mortars are way too powerful and way over abused at lower lvls. They we the the hide and spam weapon in the game. It's bad enough the game hasn't fixed the Renoun problem but the people that are intentionally leveling weapons and staying at a low Renoun just to harass and pick on low lvl players is insane.

6. Softmurks

Softmurks New Member

Mortas arent to powerfull its so easy to evade them.. Same with torps if u got hit u didnt watch xD

TheRedSpeeder and Mr squiqqle like this.
  7. Bloodbait

Bloodbait New Member

No it not easy to evade them when 5 boats are running around spamming mortars and half of them have 2 mortars slotted

behumble likes this.
  8. Bloodbait

Bloodbait New Member

And that's only 1 flaw they have mk3 ships running around masacring lower lvl players then sitting out a match to keep his Renoun low. This is not fair for low lvl players and it's a easy way for players to just keep ranking there gear.

9. IT_Xaumby

IT_Xaumby Member

Try using Speeder or Enforcer and use Overboost or Nitro in your yellow slots. You now have a button you can press to completely avoid all Mortar damage. In order for me to be hit in my enforcer I have to either A) have just used Overboost and Nitro and they're on CD. Or B) I didn't pay attention and forgot to press either of the buttons.

ChickenSurprise and JDAR like this.
  10. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

Actually I sometimes take direct hits from mortars because I use the shield. It'll take the damage if you sit center and negate the mortar entirely. Splash damage still applies though, so do torpedoes.

11. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

Hey stop insulting me for trying to share what I think is right, with people. Surprisingly no admins here mind doing their job and warn you for the language you've used ( the insult ).

12. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

You must be seriously silly to advise people to use Speeder/enforcer to try avoiding atleast 6 mortars that are headed towards you at almost the same time, I mean really ? You want everybody to use speeder/enforcer so you could have 5 mortars on your ship? Just wow. So much for the solution there.
    Here is how its fixed:
    Implement a LIMITATION on how many weapons of a same kind you could equip on a ship ... Tataaaa it wouldnt take a genius to figure that out though but hey look at the comment section. There could be some exceptions for defender ( but still letting a fat ship with over 5k health sitting in a corner with 3 mortars is wrong )

Last edited: 25 May 2017
  13. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Been there lol

14. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

In my experience there is nothing much you can do if you got targeted by 3 and more mortars.
    You can only try to move out of the bulleye of the shot to minimise the damage taken.
    To play against mortar player you need to know your map well enough to know where to go for cover against them.
    All weapons IMO got their pros and cons. As you progress along you should be able to pick up how to play against mortar users in any maps.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  15. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

I just about took on 3 shooters at once with a cannon on a fixer. Killed one and got the other two down to about 200 hp but didn't keep range and lost. With a "cannon". how you ask? They kept lobbing torpedoes and mortars and had to figure out a cannon was the better option.

16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you interpret me writing islandic as an insult then I do apologize, that was not intended - No hate towards our old colony :)

But come on dude, you're crying over him asking you to not post an endless stream of negative complaining threads. Regardless of whether you think he is right or wrong hardly makes it an insult.

You spew hateful racism ingame, deal with being called out on it. Or even better; stop :)

Totoro and hypurr like this.
  17. toco349

toco349 New Member

We already talked about this when you complained about mortars before. They have a purpose in the game.

18. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    I realy don't see the problem, mortars have lots of disadvantages, it takes forever to cool down and recharge, and the projectiles are very slow. Also, for example, it is not posible to have 3 berthas at the same time in a defender 'cos it takes slot points. Maybe you can place 2 berthas and another mortar of 1 point slot, so right there is your limitation. But it will be stupid to use only morthar configuration 'cos you will be defenseless at close range combat and lots of seconds unable to fire at all. Sorry mate, there is not realy an issue in this thread.

OniZoro likes this.
  19. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I agree with you mate. I have had games where people spam the mortars, and no its not easy to get away, actually almost impossible, especially the slower your ship gets the higher up you get. More importantly, as a fixer, these mortars and torpedos are the absolute worst for us. They seperate your team, and more often than not, the person with these mortars stays camped in the back, almost impossible to get to them on some maps. Additionally, if you had mortar or torpedo player on your team, they were camped out, and the rest of the team died, this mortar now essentially is useless. Especially on one v. one. Always loses one v one if you have no close combat weapons. Its a choice. Its just a strategy you can experiment with.

20. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

I remember you :p
    Remember me? I'm the "little mortar boy" from your last thread about mortars. The one where you made assumptions about me and then so kindly deleted your post :)
    Hiii, how are ya today :3

OT: Idk when people stack mortars it makes them weaker in a 1v1 situation. Ever fight someone 1v1 who has 2 mortars and only one gun? They do pretty bad.

ChickenSurprise likes this.