1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

One shot take off frost? A little too harsh

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KillaBeez710, 17 Nov 2017.

?

One shot removes frost too harsh?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

There are a lot of really good things that this latest update brought about, but one thing I thought was a little too much. So the percentage that it was taken down I don’t have a problem with. But one shot or any damage being taken to completely remove frost effect? TOO HARSH, if the devs wanted to completely get rid of these items, then job well done. Because after this latest nerf of the frost weapons they are almost useless. Because when stunning someone with the tesla bolt they are incapacitated & can’t fire back at you so teammates are more likely to let stun run it’s course because they can’t be hit. But with frost the enemy can STILL shoot you so your teammates most ALL of the time will use your frost effect for their shot before my torp is even ready. I just think that it was way too harsh with the any dmg removes frost & wanted to voice it hoping something can be done.

Boaty McFaceboat likes this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair merge all the similar topics. People wont stop creating duplicate threads.

3. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah well what do we do about this?
    Answer: nothing. Whining and asking devs to buff it back won’t help so just scrap it and find another combo.
    Ps. I was a frosttorp user

4. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

I don't think he is whining to buff it back. I think everyone, including frost users, know it was op. However, frost for the most part, has been rendered useless.
    Should it have been nerfed? Duh.
    Did they over do it? It seems that way.

Ian likes this.
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I don't get why use frost over tesla bolt at this point. They may be frosted but they can still fire back.
    Well except for one, megafrosting then using a leveled up big torp. But if that's the case then it wasn't nerfed at all.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Frost + tesla bolt was favourite before update ,Stun and jam an unfriend and watch him sink while he can do nothing.

Tho nerf has rendered it use less

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  7. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Whining WILL help. Why do you think they nerfed it? Coz the loads of people were crying about it.

Shadow Moon!, BasedCarpen and Ian like this.
  8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

9. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

The nerf was WAY too harsh. They nerfed it in three different ways at once. That's not how you do it...

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

It was a completely ham handed nerf.
    the amount of small damage from being on fire, getting hit with the outer ring of a shot or napalm makes frost launcher 100% useless, I shoot it and the turtle icon pops up and disappears within a second.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2017
  11. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

Frost should only be removed by fire damage or from shipwreck-induced damage.

This really was a nerf too far.