1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My take on Fixers, and the current problems

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Recent, 20 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. Recent

Recent New Member

[edit 1, it's gonna be a long read ahead!]

Hey guys!
    Just running through my thoughts on the current battlebay's support class, the fixer.

I've always played some sort of a support, utility type character in whatever games I get into. 1500 hours+ on medic back then in tf2, platinum ranked mercy on Overwatch, diamond 3 maining supports (sona, thresh, Braum, in league of legends, the smoke+flash ang expert in cs source and go who learnt every strategic nade in the game, I'd like to say I have an fair idea about the best balance for supporting

Currently fixers are actually at a really good state, being both to switch/rotate between a more combat role as well as an utility class. Allowing 2 weapons slots (for further mark models) does really do allow an fixer to put out an considerable amount of damage. With this, it is a lot more fun and interactive then the brain dead tf2 healing medics. Additionally, fixers are being treated well with rewards, both in the loot and battle stars. It is satisfying that you have 2 stars on the scoreboard while you deal the least damage. Whereas the loot is definitely keeping me happy.

However what I feel needs to be improved (over time of course, I know the team is extremely busy after the global launch) are in 3 areas

1. Versitity

There are 19 red attack weapons and only 3 green support items. I do feel like more support items should be introduced. For example maybe a syringe shot that can be fired mid to long distance, healing teammates it hits and dealing a bit of damage when it hits the enermy. Or even support healing beacon that you leave out, where it does a bit of Aoe healing for an fixed time (no pun intended). Or similar ideas like these.

2. Statistics

There is nothing more satisfying then seeing healing done at the final score board. Although there are missions that can track how much healing you have done, why can't it be on the scoreboards too? We supports need our egos stroked :)!

3. Team structure and combination

This is an more general one, I ususally lose an match when there are 3 or over fixers in the game. Sure it's nice having a lot of people playing fixers, but it sure isn't great when you have a lot on the team. Whereas other games, when I decided to play the speeder, I constantly get games without a single fixer on the team. I would recommend locking in an pick (choosing what you play) before you tap battle, so the teams can always be fabricated with an balanced structure.

4. Unrelated but please show the speeder some love :'(!

The community's current opinion on speeders (especially lower mark models) are terrible. Well to be honest, it is easily for a lot of newer players to misunderstand the impact of speeders for an team. Flanking, drawing away the enermy team's firepower from the rest of the team, dodging a ton of shots seems to be none rewarding, even if you do win, all you get is an low output of damage and 1 star on the scoreboards in the end, thus leading to the lack of appreciation for players that has never played or understood the play style of the speeder.

With that I draw an close on my summary and thoughts to improve. I want to thank all the developers and administrators for all their work, especially the effort they have put in during the global launch. I hope you guys, alongside the community can continue to make this game fun in the future!

Last edited: 20 May 2017
  2. - C l o u d y -

- C l o u d y - Member

A Person ⊙︿⊙
    +1 to the fixer suggestions, I feel they should add a separate leaderboard.
    Also next time search to see if a related topic has been started.

3. Recent

Recent New Member

Sorry! I use reddit for this type of discussion a lot, there isn't an reddit for this game yet, so I'm still learning my way around the forum. Haven't seen the search button yet. Could you please link me to the other topic that talks about the same stuff? I would like to take a look at other's opinions as well!
    Cheers mate

4. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

+1 on the speeder input. we need some love

5. - C l o u d y -

- C l o u d y - Member

A Person ⊙︿⊙
    Just use the "Class Discussion" section.

6. StyloMilo

StyloMilo New Member

7. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

I second 2. Since bandages are a thing, a general "total hp healed" should definitely be added on the leaderboard.

Also, yea speeders in the lower mk really need some love. Good speeders completely change the game flow and are delight to have on a team. Fixer/speeder combo make the battle way more complex and interesting in ways the usual fixer/shooter/defender mix cannot.

Also, the Fixers Union thread is onto another topic at the moment, and I don't feel it a good idea to disturb it yet.

8. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I think the Fixer Union thread has been on topic for the most part. It's bounced around but stayed on point for the most part.
    And yeah...I agree with a lot of your points but it has been discussed thoroughly.

9. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

What do you mean there's no Reddit?

You clearly haven't seen enough Arrayseven videos :p

10. Gillion

Gillion Member

IMG_0559.PNG Gonna have to disagree on the speeder damage comment. They can carry the team with the right captain at the helm. I do however think fixers need a little love in their item chooses.

11. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

While i agree with most... Seeing as how fixers are the only class that can equip green items, and every class can equip red, we really don't need much more added in that field

12. Kylerity

Kylerity New Member

+1 to no. 3. Being able to select the team before starting a game would totally make the game much more balanced.

dikshift likes this.
  13. GrandmasterCake

GrandmasterCake New Member

What weapons do you use?

14. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

There actually is a reddit for Battle Bay: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlebay/
    It's not super active yet, but hopefully it gains steam.

15. - C l o u d y -

- C l o u d y - Member

A Person ⊙︿⊙
    It is in the Rules section, I'm trying to help so that they don't get into trouble.