1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Parts, Parts and More Parts!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Oggog, 15 Nov 2017.

1. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

Since this is more of a complaint thread, I thought I would start off with compliments just to let Rovio know I'm not unhappy with the game. The last two patches have been superb. I love that the devs are responsive to the community. It is great that when a mistake is made, they take relatively quick action to correct. The guild improvements have made the game very addictive and fun. Overall, compared to other mobile games I have played, 5 out of 5 stars. Great work.

Now to my minor complaint/question:

I just drew 12+bonus and 8 of the 13 draws were parts. 7 of those 8 were small number of rare or uncommon parts. I was hoping to get pretty much anything else on the board but the slots that had parts. I just kept hitting the same parts slots. The bonus draw was... yup, you guessed it, parts. Did the RNG gods find my sacrifice lacking? Am I being punished? Were the odds of drawing parts increased with the patch? Any info would be appreciated but not required for me to keep playing this awesome game.

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Same here but in my case powe cells are also included all I get were parts and powe cells. Like I need uncommon power cells for starting a museum. And after bonus draw what I get 4 legendary parts:oops: was hoping for sniper perk or even epic standard cannon but no :rolleyes: all I get are parts and power cells. :(

3. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

I guess I should have said materials. I included powercells with the parts draws.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I have a desperate need for hundreds of rare power cells... but otherwise I agree with the sentiment... while you can still use even uncommon parts through the end of the game, uncommon power cells are useless outside of uncommon item evolutions. The whole power cell concept was not implemented well and plagues everyone whether or not they are ever needed.

5. Shadow Moon!

I always wonder how on earth are low on rare power cells. I almost every time get 1 power cell with common scrap 200+ are in stack with me.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  6. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Not to minimize the bad feelings... but as with anything that is purely random, strings of "bad luck" can happen.
    And although we don't get to spin dozens of times each week, it takes dozens of spins to form a valid sample size...
    Again, sorry you got so much of stuff you didn't need... Better luck in the future!

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I feel like pearls can also be added to the list of booby prizes now.

I was never that excited about pearls, even when the prizes were bigger.

Now, however, the amounts are so small, I just wish they weren’t there at all. Winning them just feels like a wasted roll.

8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

yes i was so shocked, it went from a 100 to 25, i thought 50 should be the lowest, but my problem are the powercells. It is amazing that i get legendary powercells but i will never use them :oops::eek:. Also i need rare parts not epic, i have 0 rare but 700 epic, should it not be the other way round

Vile Kyle likes this.
  9. envylife

200 power cells is only enough to evolve two items to T5. If you have too many cells it simply means you are evolving very few rare items to high level.

I've noticed many people scrap rares once they get an epic of an item... they think they are hot stuff when they equip their T1 epic, never realizing that they scrapped 3 or 4 rare copies of that item that would have put it at double strength. I've received 12 rare BCs and only 1 epic BC... imagine if I was only running wtih the epic.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

Very few dude I have tier 4 rare blast sniper explosive turbo big shield overboost nitro torpedo napalm and previously I had t3 healing items and t3 rare frost blaster. Is this few?

11. Shadow Moon!

And having so few powecells simply means you don't scrap enough items which are useless commons and uncommons or you play very less averaging 5 matches or less because I roughly play 10-15 matches maybe on weekends more but there was never shortage of powercells since last 6 or 7 months.

12. Shadow Moon!

Not 2 but 5 it takes only 40 powercells to evolve a rare item to tier 5 if you want proof here it is. Screenshot_20171116-121302_01.jpg

13. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

Hopefully we get some response and CHANGE!!! Cos now I have lost the drive to complete quest, especially those that required ships and weapons I rarely used. Because the prizes aren't interesting anymore.
    Most of the time what I get are parts, power cells, and uncommon perks. Even in bonus prize what I get is legendary power cells.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2017
  14. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Parts are better than getting 1million uncommon powercell reward:(

Shadow Moon! and -SeeKnDeStRoY- like this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I do that for weapons I don’t really use, but might want later.

I started saving Rare Napalms and Bandages... and now I have an inventory full of Rare Napalms and Bandages that I can’t evolve because of training/cost.

By the time I am able to get them to t5, I figure I’ll probably have a couple of Epics (maybe more). So if you’re not in a big hurry to switch, it might be better just to focus’s on Epics for the late game.

That’s my reasoning anyway. I know there will certainly be a time when Rares would have been better, but eventually Epics win.

16. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

He means levelling an item from lvl 1 to 50 requires 100 power cells in total over the four evolution stages

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

Yeah got that but to evolve any rare item to tier 5 you need to play atleast 7 months if you're F2P player and around 5k battles. If you do the all above mentioned you definitely can get enough power cells to any sort of upgrade.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  18. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

12 draws=35k tokens. one rivalry gives my clan approximately 84k tokens as we are small guild and can only complete upto medium board. We get about 3 legendary spin round per rivalry season and outcome of 3 spins are--> legendary power cells and parts. I have 3 red and yellow and 1 green and blue legendary pieces. I am not sure I am getting any legendary before I quit and legendary power cells are stacking. Only moment of happiness was getting pearls and epic parts and ummm.. THEY TOOK IT AWAY:mad:. Now I am selling perks, stacking gold and buying rare parts from the shop. Raffle is pretty useless now because all I get is carronade perk and I DON'T EVEN HAVE A DAMN CARRONADE:mad::mad:. And of course, them uncommon power cells. Bottom line is only thing raffle is good for is gold from selling perks. They should add rare items on the raffle board in such way that after we get rare piece it turns epic and after epic it turns rare items.:):(

Phalgun likes this.
  19. envylife

Definitely not! As FTP 7 months in I had accumulated a total of 371 rare power cells lifetime, and used them all in 13 rare items before running dry, some T4, but most T2-T3. Keeping in mind we have 7 slots on an MK5 ship, it's not even enough to have a backup item for each slot, and you mentioned you had evolved 11 rare items yourself. So you tell me, am I just unlucky or are you just lucky to have excessive power cells?

20. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

As a matter of fact I too have been getting too many parts since the update, there are only 2 slots for parts but I kept landing over and over again on the same slots. I was about to create a thread asking if they made some weighted system where parts have a higher change and other items had a lower change rather than being 1/9 chance. Hope the Devs see this soon and reply to us.