1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fleet system

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blitz323, 10 May 2017.

1. Blitz323

Blitz323 New Member

am I allowed to fleet up with more than one person, I've been fleeting up with my friends and I can only fleet with 2, I think it's really dumb you can only have 2 in a fleet instead of 4 or 3 or 5. Please add fleets of as many as 5 into the game it would make it so much better

Big Perm and iAmZ like this.
  2. Memorize

Memorize Member

sorry to break it to you but please imagine top players fleeting together 5 players they would win any matchup they're playing. There are a reason why fleet only for couple. To separate strong players playing for same team. There is rank rewards for every season which is why fleeting more than 2 have to be prevented. Hope you get the idea I'm trying to explain, soon you're going to understand how powerful fleeting is when top players playing together.
    Cheers

Wizzmut, _devill, Earel and 2 others like this.
  3. Blitz323

Blitz323 New Member

Yes I understand that but they could make it where you can fleet up with 5 but only can fleet up within 200 of your rating so you can carry anyone

4. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

I don't see the problem here, literally every game with a competitive scene encourages this. So what if strong people team together? This only means other teams will emerge and fight it out at the top. 5 people fleets encourage more strategy, which is key to winning a game. I know I get super frustrated when my teammates don't push together, or go out in the open one by one, etc. Fleeting with your friends allows more professional playing.

I do see the issue with season rewards, so this will have to be fine-tuned a bit. Maybe have a separate mode where you can fleet with more than 1 person, and you play other teams?

5. Memorize

Memorize Member

I'm just trying explain what the game is that's all.Overall it's up to Devs to decide to make it happens or not, sure I'm would love to see fleeting 5vs5 game mode so just hopefully they'll have a solution for this in near future.

6. Dark0d3

Dark0d3 New Member

lol am getting fools who wont attack in the battle.. Some guys run like they can be saved. Need to get rid of these people for that we need guild battle or fleet with 5 people (a complete team).
    And strong people getting teamed up.. thats why there is opponents lol.. opponents must be searched by the users level and trophies. so there wont be any difference in strength.

Jake-The-Great likes this.
  7. iAMkraken

iAMkraken New Member

I hope they add a 5 man fleet because it will be a win win situation for rovio as well as us. As more of our friends play it, more people will be interested in downloading the game.

iAmZ likes this.
  8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There is nothing wrong in that, when both of the teams are premade. But if it is a 5 person fleet vs 5 random people it would be completely unfair situation. For that reason Battle Bay and other games which allows partying in random battles does not (usually) allow arbitrary sized parties. For example in 7vs7 World of Tanks Blitz (mobile) the size limit is 2, and in 15vs15 World of Tanks (PC) version the limit is 3.

We would be more than happy to provide 5vs5 battles but it can't work withing the normal random battles. It would need to be some kind of guild/tournament system separate from the normal queue.

_devill, Zachiderp, Elurien and 6 others like this.
  9. Kakashi911

Kakashi911 New Member

Professional Memer
    I wish people would understand this.
    So... When should we expect a guild tournament

Shadow Moon!, Earel and Fin- like this.
  10. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

I think most people that this isn't their first game ever understand this... This is just the first that works like this in matchmaking.

When we say infamy is broken and you tell us it's a team game and that's why you lose infamy even if you lost with the best stats in the game, i refer you to this thread then, since it's only fair to drag one other player in with you. Because it's not my team...

Either infamy needs to be adjusted to individual play, or they need to make it an actual team game by letting you build your own fleet.

iAMkraken likes this.
  11. iAMkraken

iAMkraken New Member

cant rovio try out a 5 man fleet beta and look at the community response ???

12. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

The real trick is to learn to work with the team you are dealt. Adjust your strategy to match the ever changing set of variables. (Almost) any team setup of ships can work if they play it right. And the game does a pretty good job of preventing the impossible setups from happening very often at all.

Fleeting with even one buddy who knows your play style can have a HUGE impact on the game. You just need to find your "bb buddy" and go bonkers with them. Together, develop a strategy, and you will see immediate results.

The best players can make anything work and know what role to play in a given team. That comes with experience. As you learn, you will rise. Simple as that. Just have fun while you learn. :)

13. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Owh okay. I have an idea so we wont fight against random person but also othe 5 person fleet up so each of them have a good strategy!!! How about that?

14. Cr0w

Cr0w New Member

I like the idea of fleet battle and also like the infamy adjusted. I mean really does the guy with 3k damage and 4 kills only deserve the exact same 24 infamy as the guy who runs out does 150 and dies?

15. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Before the infamy given/lose for victory and defeat is different for each player and the problem created
    Somebody posted a photo and I could see that he's the only one who deal nearly most of the damage and killed all enemy ships,and his infamy +40,while his teamates -1 EVEN FOR VICTORY.and what about lose?sometimes you lose 40 infamy and yr teamates lose only 7-8.........so actually the infamy given before was like that,but now it's changed to be similar +/- infamy
    Sorry if u don't understand........my English isn't that great

Last edited: 20 May 2017
  16. Memorize

Memorize Member

@Miika please take a look at this, can you lower infamy matchmaking gap? 3-5 game in a row.This how fleet working with top players. Matchmaking as finest lol lucky me. IMG_0617.PNG IMG_0618.PNG IMG_0619.PNG

w@x and Earel like this.
  17. d3m0nki113r

d3m0nki113r New Member

It should have a 5 person fleet vs another 5 person fleet with the average of infamy. That's what every games are like.

iAmZ likes this.
  18. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I dont want any more than a 2 person fleet. I want a friend vs friend unfleet!

19. Bruinthegreat

Bruinthegreat New Member

So when I get a random team who is 4,3,4,4,2 .... and the game puts me up against a 5,4,4,4,4 team ... This is any better than 2 pre organized teams trying to dominate each other in team play? Please don't talk about what is fair unless you fix this scenario. I'm all for guild v guild 5 player teams. It makes guild worth... well.. something. Atm guilds are trash.

20. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Guilds will get meaning so. Like next update or the one after.