1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can shooter dash forward or backward?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Yesltermania30, 10 Nov 2017.

1. Yesltermania30

Yesltermania30 New Member

I would been playing Battle Bay since its first release on Android. I noticed every now and then I saw shooter dashing forward or backward to evade attack, which I thought that is not possible for shooter to do that as it lack yellow slot for nitro. Anyone else noticed that in the game?

Last edited: 10 Nov 2017
  2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

And any ship can dash back and forth technically; some ships just do it better than other ships. Turbo is also a blue item and you don't need a yellow item to dash back and forth.

3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    It's either they got turbo or well, You LAG

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Yesltermania30

Yesltermania30 New Member

Actually I should clarify it, I meant to say shooter lack yellow slot for nitro. I thought it might be lag but there was no lag at the entire match plus giving the timing was too perfect to happen to dodge major attack. I just encountered that and I record video footage: look at time 0:28

5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

It was lag nothing else.

The Otherguy and Earel like this.
  6. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I've seen movement hacks and reported them.

7. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

This definitely looks like a lag! Lag does not have to mean that you lag, it could also be the enemie's shooter who lags. Happenes every now and then, nothing to do with hacks.

The Otherguy and ThatOnion like this.
  8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

You're describing lag / poor connextivity

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

yes sometime the other ships go all over the place, once it lagged so badly the enemy speeder was already at the other end of the area

10. xxxBISMARCKxxx

It's not lag when they were fine up until the point they started getting shot at, then start repeatedly dashing to get out of the way, then they are fine, shot at=dash, etc. ... just saying in general not this guy's video here.

11. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

It's just coincidence dude. As a game dev, network engineer, and modder; I can say that it is VERY unlikely that this is the case.

For two reasons:
    1 - Everything on this game is server based, so the game itself can't be modded or hacked.
    2 - Their servers don't seem to accept any alternate self signed CA certificates, meaning you can't inject any code through the network either.

12. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Let's just say dashing is far from the worst and most obvious thing I've (and others have) seen. Some kind of speculative how-to discussion isn't going to be good for anyone.

13. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not. But I can almost guarantee it all comes down to network and lerp issues

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. xxxBISMARCKxxx

No, I'm gonna call bs on the innocent network theory, I have observed this multiple times tonight and in every instance it is when someone is in a dangerous situation. There's something going on, started a few days ago and seeing it more often. My main problem with you here is that you seem to be discouraging people from reporting it.

15. Disguised

No, the main problem is that you are claiming it's a hack, while have no evidence of it not being just lag.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. xxxBISMARCKxxx

It's suspicious and it should be reported is the point. If it's simply highly coincidental lag then one report isn't going to do anything. But if the coincidences are clustering around certain people then they probably aren't coincidences.

17. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

it is probably still lag, i get that problem quite a while but i must admit this dashing back and forth only srted a few days ago, before the game just crashed when lots of lag

18. Disguised

Idk. It never happened to me.

19. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Just happened again- hit the shooter with a torp, one more hit he is dead, he jets halfway across the screen over by his remaining teammates. Replay confirms. No significant lag the rest of the match. Reported for cheating.

Last edited: 12 Nov 2017