1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Cells - Tip

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SirCornedBeef, 6 Apr 2017.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you right now. Down to my last dozen rare power cells. I spend a little bit of money on the game with the Pearl Diver and VIP. So right now I am captain level 30 and 1500/1600 infamy. I am full of mostly Rare weapons between Tier2/Tier 3 and spares and almost completely phased out of my uncommon weapons. So now I'm stuck, I can't get enough rare power cells to keep up my weapon evolution. I guess this is the WALL I had read about on the forums. The cost to upgrade an Unommon weapon to level 21, just to get 1 POWER CELL, is extreme in Gold Costs/Sugar/Buying Uncommon Parts plus the time and inventory space to save up 3 Uncommon items of the same type. I haven't added it all up.
    The only other options I can find are: 400 PEARL Rare Chests = 1 Rare Power Cell plus SCRAP the item for another Rare Power Cell (2000 pearls for 10 rare power cells)
    Buying Rare Weapons from the Marketplace @ 750,000 gold and scrapping to get 1 Rare Power Cell (7,500,000 gold for 10 rare power cells).
    I wish that we could buy power cells from the Marketplace. I have no problem spending Gold or some Pearls on them. The grind I will be having to go through now seems a little tedious.
    Can anyone else offer any other options they've used to get the Rare power cells at a somewhat reasonable gold/pearl/timecost?

Spinners71 and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I have never, ever found a situation where I am short of power cells. They are useless. The game developers should scrap them. I am always short of parts, but never short of cells.

3. BattleRascal

I probably would have been okay, had I wanted to play just one or two boats and I always played with the same weapons. I could then focus my Rare cells toward them.
    Unfortunately I think my problem is that I like to keep the game fun by playing different ships and different weapons. So I have to keep my Yellow and Greens items upgraded to stay competitive for all the ships. This has cost me a lot of rare powercells to evolve things to tier 2. I'm sure the developers planned this a little bit. But the cost is EXTREME once you hit the wall like I now have. I guess I'll just plug away and hope for the best on getting cells. If the DEV's decided to throw us a bone and maybe put rare powercells in the shop, OR give us a trade-in option to convert a few hundred Uncommon power cells to Rares/Epics. And maybe charge a Pearl for each transaction. So that way it's not a giveaway.*HINT HINT*

Spinners71 likes this.
  4. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

Porthos has a Youtube video on how to upgrade low value weapons until they can be scrapped for a guaranteed power cell. Go look for it. I saw it and thought it was completely pointless, but you may find it useful.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It does seem to be more common for players to focus on a half dozen items and scrap everything else. In that you will never run into a power cell issue because you will rarely evolve anything. That's never been an option for me because I constantly run into a wall finding duplicates of the weapons I like to use, so I compensate by keeping large inventories of items I can use in the mean time.

It's partially a game balance issue. I personally never seen a power cell issue with uncommons, I have thousands of them laying around, and no possible way to use them because the uncommon parts are so hard to get, yet I still have to use uncommons because of the rare power cell issues. I also have a lot of epic items laying around and I have yet to use any of them because it would burn every epic part and power cell I've ever gathered in the entire game to level up a single item to exceed either the uncommon or rare variant of it, getting me into the same rare item issue. Let that sink in.

Power cells are, I believe, the most significant flaw in Battle Bay. Players who are unlucky in the BB item lottery are doubly screwed by lack of power cells, and not even a reasonable amount of money can buy your way over that wall, meaning it's an issue for both FTP and PTP players. Something as simple as scrapping lower power cells for higher power cells is one idea, but I'm very much in favor of scrapping power cells unless the BB devs can find fix this situation one way or another.

ToddTHY and BattleRascal like this.
  6. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

What you had just said, these ideas, have been mentioned more than a hundred times ever since soft launch. There hardly are players who actually like power cells, especially the ones who had used the old fussing system since 1.0 version. But no matter how we dislike it, how we suggested for some kinds of changes, the devs never even considered to change it. To compare with the old fussing system, power cells and this whole new shopping-upgrading system is a much more efficient way for them to make money. Therefore, I really don’t like this system, but I understand them. They used effort to develop this game, it’s reasonable for them to make some money of it as long as the game is still fun, and keeps going forward.

7. envylife

This is why it's worth reiterating, again, that this is the most significant game flaw in BB, a result of a left over idea that was half implemented, then half taken away, and what remains is a play wall. Not a pay wall, but a wall that no amount of achievement or real-world money can get a player over... other than perhaps farming for RNG chances.

I'm now at my 3rd major stopping point in this game where I have overflowing sugar, full inventory of items, and no way to upgrade to free up slots because I lack power cells. To keep playing just to lose the battle rewards is asinine, so what choice do I have but to play less?

Rovio either needs to get rid of power cells entirely, fix the system, or just blow it off by increasing the RNG for power cells so that players don't run into this wall.

8. BattleRascal

I am at a stopping point again waiting for Rare powercells.
    We can all agree that the powecell system doesn't work right.(what am I going to do with 3000 uncommon power cells and earning more every weeks from the raffle slot?)
    I would have hoped we could at least BUY powercells from the shop. Please DEV's, sell us Rare powercells............ We want to buy....

9. envylife

I was able to free up 2 slots after accumulating 20 power cells in the past week, but at this point, my estimates have me stalled out until February 2018 due to lack of rare power cells. Here's why:

As I near T5 evolution (3 steps away) for my canons, I'll soon need 160 rare power cells to complete the final evolution of my 4 canons, which is 8 weeks of accumulation if I evolve nothing else. It's not gold, not sugar, not training, not even lack of duplicate items that will be holding me back... it's solely the power cells.

As a comparison there are 8 training steps between T4 and T5, at an average of 3 days each it would take 24 days, during which time I could only accumulate 70 power cells, not even enough to evolve 2 items. It's a glaring game flaw.

Anyway... looking forward to 2Q 2018 when rare power cell needs and inventory should start balancing out. :(

10. DonTouch MeDingy

DonTouch MeDingy New Member

Get rid of powercells. Or at least take them off the damn “Bonus” board in rivalry

11. MoordMachineYT

MoordMachineYT New Member

Well, it is already possible to do that, Porthos made a video about that a long time ago, where everything he said actually happened too.

Btw, I would like if there would be a possibility to transform 100 common power cells into 5 uncommon power cells, 100 uncommons in 5 rares, etc. I think we can all use that.

12. BEN

BEN Active Member

That comment is 7 months old. At the time I posted it, it wasnt clear yet if the changes have taken effect. So yes, now everything works. :)

13. envylife

To beef up my depleted rare power cell inventory I've been scrapping commons to be able to evolve my rare items, but it's very slow and very expensive. For a single T5 evolution (40 cells) you will have to scrap 1000 common items at a cost of 5 million gold.

If scrapping is supposed to be an integral part of this game why not make it easy, like the guild raffle (effectively the same thing)... accumulate 5M gold and spin the wheel 1000 times. Your friends will wonder WTF you are doing, but it's far better than going back and forth to the marketplace.

14. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

I never was starved for power cells until it was time to upgrade to level 5. Now I can’t upgrade my level 4 rare items. I upgraded two and now I’m to low on power cells and they come in very slowly.

15. Dj Peanut HD

Dj Peanut HD New Member

Haha!
    I Need rare parts to Upgrade my rares ans i Need more than 300 rare parts to Upgrade my rare blast Cannon evo3 (now lvl 23) a SINGLE TIME thats why i scrap nearly all my rares and epics.

16. envylife

You will regret scrapping epics.

17. Tiger bait!

Tiger bait! New Member

I would like to be able to sell my common and uncommon power cells for parts or something I can actually use. I will NEVER upgrade another common or uncommon weapon.

I have some stupid amount like 3500 uncommon power cells. I'm sure older players have stock piled more.

18. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

I did not catch if anyone posted but thought I would:
    To level level1 rare item to level 10, it takes
    568 rare parts and 177,300 sugar. To go to level 11, I don’t have that info on gold and blue cells

19. Dhruvx

Dhruvx New Member

U r right .......but everytiEvwe can't lvl up rare to lvl 11 and then scrap to get only single epic power cell.....this is way more frustating and it would take so much of time until we collect 30 or 40 .....maybe rovio should let us buy power cells from shipments like we buy parts or they should introduce feature like combining 50 common power cells give u 1 epic or combining 20 uncommon power cells give u 1 epic power cells

U can see my situation....how I m feeling....when I want to evolve my mine to tier 5.....see image Screenshot_20180802-162402.jpg

20. envylife

What is the current recommendation for acquiring Epic Cells? I need hundreds... I have a few. Is Scrapping Commons and/or Rare L11 the only good options?