1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix the match making system ...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HighHammer, 18 Apr 2017.

1. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

As the title says the match making method is way too bad ...
    For instinct playing against a much bigger opponent is not fun Or having one of your team mates being Very weak (e.g..MK1) is not fun also ...
    So one more time, please fix the match making method.
    Suggestion:
    Make the match making priority as infamy wise or if it already is make the gap smaller like 1000 to 1200 so people in that range of infamy could be picked to take part in a match ... this simple tweak might fix the whole issue, just my opinion tho.
    Best regards.

书半卷 likes this.
  2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The matchmaking is already trying to keep the gap as narrow as possible. But if there are not enough people online it needs to widen to gap. Otherwise nobody could play and you would be just waiting in the queue. It's surely still more fun to play with wider gap than not to play at all?

3. Bomby McBombface

Bomby McBombface Member

Director of Astronautical Engineering
    Cheers for the answer Miika, I respect it, but with some it cuts a fine line between balance & unfairness.

For instance, I just hit mk4, this past week while still mk3 I had a number of games with mk1 players on my squad and mk5 or mk6 players on the other squad. Needless to say those guys were all using t3 epic weapons and more, we had almost no chance so I lost 600+ infamy in two days, I feel sorry to think what the new mk1 players thought about that...

Given how that occurrence is not so rare, many would prefer to wait an extra minute or three for a similar matched squad so they had a better opportunity, rather than see themselves placed against a tougher squad than they can compete against, just because MM stuck them together to expedite a game.

Mr squiqqle and kylek33 like this.
  4. kylek33

kylek33 Member

I was just in a battle with @Dmg don on my team. They were scoring 1100-1200 per hit while I was scoring 275 lol he carried my weight while I mostly ran away but that's a huge disparity. Now the servers are under maintenance and I'm wondering if it's a coincidence @Miika

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Coincidence with what? You think the servers are down because you played in a same match with Dmg Don?

6. kylek33

kylek33 Member

Not exactly, I thought maybe the matchmaker went screwy.

7. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Nope. We experienced a major unexpected outage at Amazon Web Services where our servers are hosted, something that haven't ever happened before. The game is now up again and we are continuing investigations with AWS support to find out what happened and how to mitigate it from happening in the future.

8. kylek33

kylek33 Member

Cool beans. Give em hell.

9. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I guess but fighting mark 4 and 5 with mark 2 isn't fun its like fighting a killer whale in a kayak with a pop gun... NOT FUN

10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

True, but it's not like it's a 1vs1 game where mk2 has to fight against mk5 alone. There are 5 ships on both sides and usually there are matching low level players on both sides. When you find yourself as the smallest duck in the pond just try to support the big boys from behind them, and you can still contribute a lot to the battles. And as an end result you get more rewards from the battle than what you would have gotten by just battling with people on the same level as you.

TheEpicWarlord likes this.
  11. TheEpicWarlord

Thanks for the fast reply I can still earn lots of stars with stun or frost, but if I am separated from my team I am screwed if a yellow ship hits me frost or stun. Also most Big Bertha or RG shots can one shot me.

12. TheEpicWarlord

Thanks so much for the strategy here is a photo of what I did with the setup. Battle Bay_20170419_165800.png Battle Bay_20170419_203936.png

Last edited: 20 Apr 2017
  13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Great to see it working well for you!

14. Felipowski

Felipowski New Member

Business Man
    I do not see things that easy. I played as defender with 6000 life points. With just 2 shots (two) a shooter striked me down. Is that fair? My weapons at my level doesnt make all that damage. Sorry

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Low level defender is a tough support role indeed. Maybe try to use yourself as a bait and when the opponent yolos to bully you hopefully your team can easily take out a stray enemy.

What did you get hit with btw? No weapon should make 6k dmg with 2 shots reliably currently. Maybe two crit hits from maxed out t5 blast cannon with fire bonus could just reach that.

mammoth1946 and Felipowski like this.
  16. Felipowski

Felipowski New Member

Business Man
    Rail gun and a sniper cannon

mammoth1946 likes this.
  17. Trisha Michaela

Trisha Michaela New Member

Really? I dont think so.

Attached Files:

18. Seventus

Seventus New Member

I'm still MK1 and now being matched up against Mk3's and 4's. Grantee most or my teammates are higher levels but it comes down to relying heavily on them and hope I don't get one shotted. If I'm ever the last boat standing, I have no chance unless the enemy is really low.

19. Pewpewdie

Pewpewdie Member

Im having so much fun against MK5s...

Attached Files:

20. kylek33

kylek33 Member

I feel the same way when I fight a speeder that has 2k more health than my defender and does 6x as much damage per shot. Great fun. :rolleyes: