1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Should one Shoot brake frost?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Infinity[on], 7 Nov 2017.

?

Should one Shoot brake frost?

1. Yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

This this this this this !!!

Surely me having my entire setup dedicated to dealing damage in a single large hit shouldn't be nerfed over a one slot item that most ships can have multiple of, that crit for as much as my torp does while frosted. It's busted as hell

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It's not relevant at all.

Sniper doesn't always crit. You only deal a good bit of damage when you crit. Frost torp always deals the same damage, which is a lot. You talk about range, did you know the big torpedo has a longer range than the sniper? Have you ever been impacted by a torpedo in the beginning of the match? Yea, that torpedo wasn't shot right next to you.

1. Can’t return fire = check
    If you re sitting far back in your spawn you deserve to be getting shot from that range. I feel there has to be a weapon in the game that disallows the benefit of sitting in back of your entire team to live longer.

2. Can’t avoid shot = check
    Sniper does miss mid range if you don't lead your shots, plus it hits waves very frequently. You have to wait even after your weapon is ready to fire at times just to position yourself right.

3. Can kill in one hit = check
    False information.

4. Requires little skill = check
    Fairly easy to use indeed. But so are most of the weapons in this game

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Dude, if you play on a mk4 speeder, ofc you are one-two shots away from death at any given time. 0ish armour means that you take the full hit. Snipe was designed to be a counter speeder gun. Just look. Suppose you have 1.7k hp. I dont carry snipes. But if you take even a single shot that does 400ish damage, you're going down the instant you take one burst of my flare + blast. Sniper cannons DO require skill to use, but some people make it too easy on the users. To engage a sniper cannon user, it's easy. LEAD your team and overload your opponent. Give them more targets than they can hit. Count the guns they have, and when they run out...BOOM.

4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol

NightXO and Joey who like this.
  5. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Where's "IDK my infamy level are still99%shooters with all mortars"? :p
    Not me BTW

A name and Iunch like this.
  6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I m not ruining the thread by arguing with these whiners lol they clearly seem depressed and @Joeyaa you shouldn't too. @Infinity[on] it's your choice how you wish to divert your thread,if you want sniper discussion too and all the salt that these people are attracting you might as well change the title
    (PS:-MY SNIPER HAS THE WORST CRIT CHANCE, i never get good perks after 11k.games played, nerf it asap i have tier 2 epic and tier 4 rare blast ready for use)

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
  7. Babablacksheep

Didn't expect this from you, i thought you had clear sight than these whiners. Please create a thread, you are better than them

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Lol, what have I done! (so much to reply to... :rolleyes:)

It crits ~45% of the time when maxed, which means that in 2-3 shots (which is what it takes to set up frost-torp), a sniper would be virtually guaranteed ‘at least’ 1 crit. But that can (and often does) come on the first shot.

It has nothing to do with sitting back. You don’t need to be sitting back, as the teams start far away from each other. So snipers will nearly always get the first opportunity to shoot, and even at medium range they’re much faster and more accurate than other weapons.

I know what you’re going to say next: ‘move forward using cover’... but if you don’t know exactly where the unfriends are, you can only guess at ‘what is and isnt’ cover. As soon as the red markers appear on the horizon, you only have moments to dive into cover, or you’re getting sniped (probably by more than one person). Sometimes you can make it, but if you turn a corner and suddenly realise you need to reverse, then you’re screwed. I’m often forced to turn my boat backwards, and reverse out of cover, because it’s the only way I’ll be able to dive back in fast enough.

You can say exactly the same thing about frost blaster, in fact frost is even harder as it has no arc at all, and is typically being fired from a speeder with a low turret. If you consider sniper avoidable, then you must also consider frost-torp ‘at least’ as avoidable, because the frost element is just as hard to hit with.

No more false than reports of frost-torp OHKOing. People are presenting examples of t5 epics and legendaries against mk5s. If that’s the case then sniper can also one hit a low mk ship. And even if it doesn’t, it does so much damage so early in the game, that it might as well have killed you.

We’re not discussing ‘most weapons’, we’re discussing frost-torp. Sniper is categorically easier to hit with than frost or torp.

Torps are so inaccurate at that range, it’s not even comparable. By the time it even gets there, the target (if there even was one) could be half the map away. Hits at that range are pure luck. The sniper on the other hand is fast and accurate at range. Wait for the green light > press the button > hit.

9. ViscountSniffit

It seems to me that the whiners are the people all over the forum whining about frost.

I’m not whining about snipers. I’m just pointing out the double standard. If people are happy to have weapons like the sniper, in the game, then I’m happy to put-up and shut-up. But then those same people need to put-up and shut-up about frost torp, because that is a weapon, as I have pointed out, which is not at all ‘unlike’ the sniper, in terms of OPness.

10. ViscountSniffit

Thats fine, I’m 100% happy to accept that. But you can say exactly the same thing about frost blaster, and frost torp. So what I disagree with, is nerfing one and not the other. Either deal with both, or nerf them both, either is fine with me. But don’t try to claim one is OP and the other isn’t, when all the same arguments apply equally to both.

11. Babablacksheep

If you think sniper are your biggest enemies, then your are wrong. As shooter i always target shooter first and as a shooter myself i always end up getting hit first.No wastes a shot on banana whose movement is entirely unpredictable...

And i agree with your each and every comment. I play at 3.3k and almost every player has better sniper than me (HIGHEST DAMAGE I SUFFERED 2K form T4 leggy sniper). But rather than arguing it frost torp, create a separate (you might get good constructive feedbacks too). Currently it just seems like you want "Eye for an Eye", if you nerf my frost top, i will nerf your sniper, as much as good your arguments are, you will probably end up getting ignored and thread locked for off topic

_devill and ViscountSniffit like this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

Fair enough.

I don’t feel I’m too off topic here, as this topic is about a frost nerf. So how frost measures up to other weapons is pertinent to the topic. Explaining ‘why’ it is pertinent has been the main theme of my posts. You can’t discuss frost being ‘balanced’ without discussing what it is being balanced against.

But in summery, my response to the OP is ‘no’. For reasons I have explained, I think the power of frost is completely justified, and should not be nerfed before ‘other weapons’.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  13. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

All those people saying a big torp is hard to hit probably lack skills or just want to get it easy.

Im a 5k+ infamy player with no prior frost/torp experience. Sometimes I run a legendary big torp and I have no problem hitting with it even with my T2 rare frost. The best part is I can be both offensive & defensive (throw a torp from other side of the map towards a group of enemies and 80% of the times it hits multiple enemies because of the massive splash damage). However for certain other weapons I use such as the Explosive cannon I can't hit it from other side of the map & hope to get lucky.

The transition of majority speeders from other weapons to frost+torp combo explains how OP frost is!

Joey who and Babablacksheep like this.
  14. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

My level 40 rare sniper crits for 1k(32% chance)with full Bhurt training towards Sniper. And you guys compare it with Big Torp that does 1.5k+ at level 40 rare with normal training with no freeze benefit. Idk if you guys are cry babies or in compete denial.

15. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

Are you a frost Torp user?

16. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Summary:
    - Lvl 1 Legendary big torpedo has 151 dps, my captain trainings are not focused on torp and frost and I don't have those fancy perks for slowed down enemies
    - I haven't seen any of my epic lvl 50 weapons or similar close enough to this dps
    - You freeze someone, got hit, still frozen, second hit, still frozen
    - Multiple frost items on you, effect increased, people who were whining about tesla bolt and stun so much and who got what they wished for by bolt getting the nerf, expect a similar thing here
    Overall, if people thought and think that tesla bolt was (is) annoying, so is frost. And actually I don't believe it requires that much skill, stop saying it is hard to hit, it is hard to hit with any weapon, do you think there is someone out there who hits their every single sniper shot? It is hard to hit because of other player's skill, not the weapon, or shooter's lack of skill. Have seen some players recently moved to frost torpedo combo and first time use, decent dmg. And stop saying that people are exposed while aiming, you think it is that easy with fg and ec combo without getting close enough or aiming strategically? And you get exposed when you get close in that case as well.
    I believe the problem is proper matchmaking, balancing avg dmg dealer comparisons, weapon comparisons, etc which requires more complexity and algorithm, and I believe this is hard to achieve. But a bit more improvement to the algorithm would be nice. Look at the amount of games where one team is not wiped out before half time. It is low, that shows you the op situation. Make the games longer and competitive, if it means to nerf many weapons, do it, but do it for all.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

No.

Big Torp is a 2 slot weapon, sniper is only 1. If you run 2 slots worth of snipers, then you’re averaging about the same damage, but you’re also getting a much faster projectile, better accuracy, no arming range, and a shorter cooldown.

Have you considered that since you are a sniper user, you might be the one who is bias/in denial?

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There was. He just decided that speeder was waaaay more fun and fair, and quit sniping like a manly man. #shrnbcqr.

19. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Nerfing anything but sniper cannon would make sniper more powerful and the game even more ridiculous than it is currently.

You isolated one players setup YSL, how about you look at the overall usage, Tesla bolt is much more commonly used and more annoying. I'd rather be frosted than bolted

20. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Buff standard cannon plz T_T. But yeah,frost needs a nerf. Sniper needs a nerf. Speeder needs a nerf. Tesla shield needs a nerf and I won't mind another missile nerf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.