1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer question

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by mang inasar, 19 May 2017.

1. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

Since the start of me using the fixer, i have used the (band aid) for its blue slot. It supposedly provides a bit of passive healing but does that kind of minimal healing really help my fixer boat? I am an mk3 fixer now and my speed really is intolerable. Even the big lanky defenders outrun my ship. my question is, what would be a better alternative for the blue slot of my fixer? a turbo? or is the band aid more helpful coz of extra passive healing?

also, im using nitro for my yellow slot, is the yellow turbo boost better?

thanks in advance.

2. Softmurks

Softmurks New Member

I use a turbo because the amount a tape heal is to small if u get a pulse and a box its better then using that freakin tape

3. KnightOfZ

KnightOfZ Member

I can heal myself so I wouldn't use bandaid. I don't use what other people normally use though.

I'm going rudder and eventually gearlube.

Why?
    If I'm using turbo, the only purpose is to catch up to people to heal them. However I can already do that with overboast.

If I go small shield to tank more I would rather have rudder to make sharper turns to dodge rather than spend 10 seconds turning on a wall where I'm open to fire and/or wasting time turning when I need to get over to someone to heal them. I think it makes a difference.

The gearlube is because think it's a pain in the rudder to aim a heal box at allies and then turn all the way back around to shoot which feels like ages.

4. Vince

Vince New Member

Bandage is a big no no especially since you already have the pulse I suggest replacing it for something else like a shield this way your not as BIG as a target for everyone else... since as you know, everyone targets the one with lowest health and that usually is the fixer who doesn't have shield.

I personally use overboost allows me to get to allies faster for heals. Nitro is good too to dodge incoming barrages of bombs your choice really

5. Memorize

Memorize Member

Im would recommended for standard shield(hp perks) or turbo for blue slots. fixer got yellow slot to use overboost or nitro able to catch up teammates. Bigger hp can prevent you from dying by a few shot.
    Speed help you evade danger zone. Overall it's depend on your play style.
    Cheers

6. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

thanks for the input everyone, really helpful suggentions there.