1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help! I cant get stars from battles.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by • GeneraL •, 4 Nov 2017.

1. • GeneraL •

• GeneraL • New Member

4EF15FD0-7134-4DD1-9215-338FB3567534.png 4B061B09-78C8-440D-8E97-57ADDC90A1F1.png 41D69DC3-8EC0-404B-8084-33BC85C4CF82.png 9C65FB41-85A8-45C7-8678-B058ED502FC9.png 1DEDF666-B8BF-4F1F-AEE0-229C4953DB6B.png Hi. I am having an issue of battling. Even if I make penta kill and the most damage, I dont get stars after battle. And I dont get gold&sugar rewards as usual. The other players in my guild dont have any problem like this. Please DEVS, help me with this.

Jamel H. likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If you drop more than 800 infamy below your highest, then you stop getting rewards.

It’s a measure to stop people deliberately dropping infamy so they can get easy rewards, scoring pentakills against noobs, using legendary weapons.

Get your infamy back up, and your rewards will come back.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

That's the penalty for being a noob and wanting to pick on lower infamies for easier loot. It kinda backfires :p

ThatOnion likes this.
  4. • GeneraL •

• GeneraL • New Member

Thank you for the solution guys. I didn't drop my infamy willingly though. Just bad players matched with the team. Ty again. Have good battles.

5. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

Yay, so you get punished if you decide to sacrifice your infamy in favour of your guild by playing not your main weapons to help with the guild quests? Nice! I try to fit in my guild with players who are able to spend more time than me in this game, so to prove my worth in my guild i am doing the best i can. and that is play every weapon and every ship. since i play as collector i have tons of guns but not all of them are ready for my top-setup infamy (about 4k, the rest hovers arround 3k).

So now i am in the struggle: Fight for your guild and do not get the satisfying "3 stars! Yay" after a good battle or do not help my guild that much and go for infamy? Seriously?

6. peter tong

peter tong New Member

Firstly can' gets star...
    now gets 14 days Suspended...
    Without warning..
    Without count down time..
    WOW!!

Joey who likes this.
  7. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

did you got suspended for droping infamy?

8. peter tong

peter tong New Member

Do they re-open my account when my account been suspended for 14 days period?

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yes, but if you keep losing purposely after your suspension is over they will ban you forever :D

10. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

so stupid... this should never happen.
    INFAMY, the way it's setup, is not a measure of skill. It's a measure of cumulative teamwork limited by how you're equiped, then modified slightly by how well you play. I climbed from 100i up to 600i by luck of being matched with better equipped teammates...after the first 3 games in the winning streak, my own contribution to the wins were miniscule... then after I peaked, it was a losing streak, all the way back down to 100, which, by then I was able to one-shot everyone. there was then an obvious "infamy" line where below the line I one-shot penta-killed everyone and above the line I lost every time, this lasted for about a week until i got my "crew" skills up and had built up my weapons, and now, I'm sort of hovering between 500 - 650.

if you want to stop more advanced players from slumming, you need to track actual skill and adjust the match-making system to prevent higher ELO from getting matched with lower ELO.

it's ok to have a broad latitude, because you want players to feel challenged, but it should NEVER be possible for me to get matched with players that I can one-shot. I don't want to be matched against a team i can one-shot... because that's not even worth wasting the 30 seconds of play time on.

here's the factors involved:
    • gear:
      • all of the equipped gear, and chosen skill tree options, combined, has a macimum potential ±DPS
      • one shot from the least powerful item is the minimum potential DPS
      • somewhere in between is a number that can be used as a cut-off number
    • skill
      • ELO rank is pretty straight forward: who can beat me, and who can't
        • kill/death ratio
        • accuracy,
        • kills per battleteamwork
    • team-work
      • if theydesign a neural network to compare data from battles, tracking winning and losing moves, it could be used to score players on strategy and participation towards the win, something that no game i know if has done yet, but should be done.
      • if AI can be used to win chess & GO, it can be used to score games too.
      • all of the data from battles is saved anyway, so the database can be built on a separate server, and the scoring software won't slow down the gameplay servers...
      • the thing is, sometimes one person dying creates an opportunity for the team to win. sometimes the act of placing a mine in a strategic location causes the opponents to not use that route, allowing a win, even if that mine itself never does actual damage. and an AI can learn to award points for this where as a conventional Damage Done statistic cannot.