1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I have a T3 rare with training up to T4. And even defenders can still dodge my torps if they go the right direction.

It's only T5 rare or better that makes it so you can barely move

A55A51N likes this.
  2. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Title of this thread should be changed.
    ive got no issues with X dmg on torp, just issues with the over powered frost.

TheAntiSnipe and A55A51N like this.
  3. DizzyBrah

DizzyBrah Member

All this complaining is becoming a complete joke and it always seems to affect speeders.
    You nerfed overboost, nerfed stun and now want to nerf frost and torp.
    Since global release, speeders have been the only ship which has had to change the way it plays multiple times becomes of people crying all the time.
    As people has mentioned, it's a high risk strategy. With my lvl 30 frost which slows by 50%, shooters and enforcers can still dodge the torpedo which happens a lot. It's also a 2 hit kill with torpedo against a mk5 shooter.
    This may affect the top 1% or players who are against a frost with 80% slowdown. It is balanced for the majority of the player base.
    We want the bay to have a variety of ships and not full of shooters.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Can my defender have a small buff of 3k hp so I can at least survive a torpedo cycle from frost torp user?
    Thanks in advance :D

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

hmm lol I have only tier 1 shields but dont use them as i need to shit turbos just to get my speed up high. My ship is only 1725 and with shields i could get to 2100 but cant yet. Need to get ana epic turbo first.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Same, have two rare frost blaster stacked, with 2 epic perks. Not upgrading till next update, if they decide to keep it as it is, i will start using for sure..

7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yeah, my level 31 big torp is just waiting for the verdict too.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I was exactly the same for a while. Running around on <1500hp with two t1 turbos, but I’ve found hp basically equals infamy. I’ve got my hp up to ~2400 now, and without too much else changing on my boat, my infamy went up from 1000 to 1600.

9. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Since it is much easier to land a torpedo on a frosted target and frozen targets give extra damage, there must be price to it than just saying "big torp is unreliable". So here's my idea on how to solve this problem:
    When a target is frozen, the torpedo would do less damage than normal, as realistically it would have to brake through the ice. But then, if you hit your target, every other enemy in the torpedo radius gets frosted for half the time/half the power of the original frost. But, frost blast needs a nerf in power(for obvious reasons), so this is more fair.

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  10. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Butt u i need better items, all my items on my ship are level 10 rares apart from one thing so i am stuck at 800 rating. Here is a screenshot from a few days ago. I have since got a rare frost launcher.

Attached Files:

11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    So basically, you want this combo destroyed. If they do this, they might as well delete the items from the game.
    Only thing op now is frost. Slight nerf to that, and the combo will be ok again

12. PepeButtCrack

PepeButtCrack Member

Both items are extremely popular right now, that's the problem.

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

So are shooters from beginning of the game. Do they need a nerf too?
    Yes frost needs a slight nerf everything else is fine.

A55A51N likes this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

It's not my logic its your logic. Since you already said it's pathetic see for yourself how is your thought process.

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Why don't you substantiate? What do you want to say?

16. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

You have no logic.

Sniper Cannon is still the most popular (And OP) item in the game.
    It still needs another nerf. But I doubt you agree with that

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  17. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

Frost needs a bit nerf (maybe) but BT should remain untouched. At high level that might be a problem but at range i play (1.5k - 1.8k) i don't encounter it that often. Even i tried playing that combo (FB + BT) and everyone except for defender were able to dogde my BT so i had to switch. This combo is pretty difficult to master and risky as well (2 shots and m RIP). Personally i think at lower infamy level Frost+BT isn't a problem.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2017
  18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Simplest solution is a rollback of the frost fix given at update.

Don't nerf it. Rollback. Bunta.YsL, and other fantastic frost torpedo players were already awesome pre fix. And will continue to be awesome.
    The frost we have now is the developers vision working correctly for the first time in the game. But it is extreme. Not bad. But makes the frost torpedo a one shot kill weapon. Where as pre update. There was a minimal chance u could make the torpedo miss. We need that happy medium for every item in the bay. For every action. We need an opposite and equal reaction.
    Roll back the update.

19. Shadow Moon!

Before the update frost items were useless now they are over powered rolling back will again make them useless so the solution lies in between and not all the way back. A slight 5-7% nerf is enough

A55A51N likes this.
  20. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Roll back a bugfix? That makes no sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.