1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PepeButtCrack

PepeButtCrack Member

Yeah. This coward trend is ruining the game. Frustrating battles against a sneaky ship with a one-shot weapon. Hell no.
    And yes, most of the speeders use this combo...
    I have some suggestions:
    -big dmg nerf for the big torp.
    -remove the frost combo, making it decrease the dmg
    -Make the big torp a 3 slot points weapon
    -Make the frost blaster 2 slot points
    -slow down every torp.

And the fire dmg shouldn't be accumulated. Fire spammers are f#cking annoying too.

This tactic can be also treated like a exploit.
    So, devs,, the non frost-torp players are waiting for a necessary balance.

2. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

"This coward trend is ruining the game. Frustrating battles" <- YES this is getting boring the game

3. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

The big torp doesn't need a Nerf, and to make it three slot points is a terrible idea because speeders only have 3 Red slot points.
    (Sounds like we have someone sick of getting killed by speeders)

All that needs to be done is change the crew training talents that make frost torp stronger. Maybe remove 2-3. Or remove the frost perks for big torp.
    We have a lot of non frost torp users so your ideas would just annoy us all.
    Maybe just try keeping an eye out for speeders looking for a easy target:rolleyes:

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
  4. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

it's not about easy targets ... it's about making them easy with that combination of weapons ... let's talk seriously, ironies elsewhere

5. Mr. Aussie

It's about people being easy targets because they put themselves in bad positions. Look at the other team, see a speeder? Don't go off on your own! Let him come to you. It's called logic.
    Be ready for a frost torp and you can avoid it.
    Just gotta be on your toes and work as a team.

_devill and @YSL like this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

No amount of readiness is enough when you can't move, that's the whole point. Obviously.
    There's a reason all of the nightmare speeders have swapped over to frost torps and are rising rapidly through the ranks, and it's not because the rest of us have stopped paying attention.

7. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

You're an idiot. It's not easy. It's one of the riskiest combos in the game

Mr. Aussie likes this.
  8. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

When you learn not to insult, we talk.
    combo is a mc donalds

Babablacksheep likes this.
  9. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

You suppose I do not play in a team.
    It's the first thing I do, second, you take it personally.
    Go to sleep

10. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

When you understand balancing of multiplayer games, then I'll take you seriously, until then, I'm happy to speak my mind.

11. Te rompi el tuje

Te rompi el tuje Member

jajajaja speeder without ideas detected...

Babablacksheep and PepeButtCrack like this.
  12. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I feel my IQ dropping at the thought of even replying to this... but

'New Member' with no idea who just wants to complain coz he would outplayed by a frost torp speeder detected.

Mr. Aussie and Ian like this.
  13. Mr. Aussie

If you did stick together you wouldn't have a problem, speeders don't have much hp. Really easy to kill it you're ready for them.
    And I do take it personally, because I'm a speeder and I constantly see fools move a little too far from the pack and get smashed, and then complain about it??
    (And I don't even use frost. I just lead my shots well.) Play smart and you won't have a problem. And don't go running around saying Nerf torpedoes I'm getting beat :mad:
    Get over it kiddo:cool:

14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Lol no non frost user has any idea how hard it is. Maybe try it instead of crying about it here.
    But it is a bit too strong right now and will be nerfed at some point so just wait..

15. Mr. Aussie

Yeah everyone seems to think it's just an easy guaranteed kill. It's not as simple as it looks. If it was the top ten global rank would be frost torps.

16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

No combination is easy or hard, it's hard in beginning, once you master it, it becomes easy. Its applicable to flare-explosive or frost-Torp. Problem is the sheer power of thing, when you master it. Frost-Torp has become extremely OP, AFTER update. CURRENT GLOBAL NO. 1 IS A FROST TORP USER. It's not been long since the update, and the frost torp users already killing it. If it isn't nerfed, you might as well see the steep increase in frost torp users in top league and overall

I am in no aspect saying frost torp people are no skill folk, but when you gain that skill, The reward is too big than it should be.

17. Mr. Aussie

Yeah you have a good point. But like I said.
    If they just change the skill tree for Sinklair it'll be fine. That's the easiest fix it my eyes.
    But if necessary I'm fine with a nerf for the frost weapons. But I don't want a nerf for the big torp. I love my big torp:p

18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

High risk high reward setups like frost+torp are upsetting because of the burst damage that they give, they are not balanced, they are OP on purpose because of the low probability of landing a shot. Though I agree that the frosters need a slight nerf, I can't see how it can be done.

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hey, I get it. Getting wrecked and ripped apart by a boat with less than half your weapon count and hp. Must be embarassing.

Mr. Aussie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.