1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

speeders with only mines = ban !

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KiKi-Cro, 2 Nov 2017.

1. KiKi-Cro

KiKi-Cro New Member

Yo bay boys,

Can we report speeders with only mines as main weapons ?
    Please make it so you cant equip only mines as main wep slots.
    And I see more and more speeders with fire bomb lol ?!?!
    Dudes learn how to play your role, suicide speeders or floating speeders are my favorites, but now the new speeders kinds are emerging.
    Stay strong !

2. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Everyone has different play styles bro.
    Speeders with double mines can be quite affective if done right, same with fire bomb.
    If played well, any setup works.
    (And some people just aren't good players)
    And remember, it's just a game.
    Have some fun:)

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t dispute that speeders with mines can be very effective. However, I fully support a ban, on the grounds that mines are still annoying :rolleyes:

4. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't complain if they banned it...
    I'm a freaking minesweeper lol

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Found the guy with the Minesweeper badge every game.

TheCrisco and Mr. Aussie like this.
  6. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Just because you cant stand an item combo doesn't mean we should ban it!

7. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Diet coke with his double mine speeder has taken down so many ships. Mines can win you a game If played right.

_devill likes this.
  8. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

Exactly!

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I have same feelings for shooters with 3 mortars or 3 torpedoes or all mortars and all torpedoes. Can we ban them too? @KiKi-Cro

FearsomeChicken and Mr. Aussie like this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Thing is, all of these unconventional builds work really well if you have a complimentary fleet partner.

I had a match where we had a five-Firebomb Shooter on our team. In a 1v1, he'd be helpless.

What mitigated that was the fact that his fleet partner, who stuck to his side all match, was a similarly single-purposed triple-Carronade Enforcer.

There was a constant rain of hellfire coming down from the skies, and it was hard to pick out targets among all of the burn timers ticking down.

Anyone who tried to get close got turned into Swiss cheese by the Enforcer.

11. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

hmm i think the thing is that mines are okay when u use one but downright annoying when the enemy speeder has 2 mines

12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    They have their own free will. Let them be.

Mr. Aussie likes this.
  13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

If double mine was bad they'd drop in infamy and you wouldn't get matched with them anymore. Unless they're normally not double mine and just doing a mine guild quest, but then you can hardly blame them for that.

Mr. Aussie likes this.
  14. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Yes! Can we please ban Diet Coke? :p

15. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Every build has its time to shine.

I loaded into one match to see I was teamed with a particular double mine build Defender. Ugh. The opposing team had 3 invincible pre-nerf pulse MK5 fixers. Moments after the battle started all 5 of the opposing team charged right on top us thinking they couldn't be killed and all 5 were insta-gibbed by the mines in under a couple of seconds! I haven't laughed that hard at a video game since and that double mine defender is responsible for one of my top all time BB fights.

16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Double mine is Ridiculous, yes!!! Just like all duct Tape fixer, All mortar shooter and speeder, all torpedo shooter, defender with more than 1 mortar, etc.Using a minesweeper is not entirely worthless (sometimes speeder do end up doing 0). Mine is great area control tool, and if speeder in your team doesn't get killed, it will probably shift game to your side. All i can say is if you have learned to cope up with pointless combinations i stated above, double mine which is better than them;can be coped up.

TO all general comments, Its not diet coke, that guy has Ridiculously strong mines.If HE had legendary minesweeper is in team, i don't think he would be here complaining. I have seen speeder with uncommon mines and barely good rare mines, this type of speeder is something i would hate on my team too

17. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

For all the matches where he does zero damage I think people may often look at his log and report for float or suicide if they are in doubt.

18. Ability6

Ability6 Member

I had a recent game with a teammate that was all mines and I had a lot of fun kiting unfriends into those areas ;)

19. Britneyspears

Britneyspears New Member

Good thing you haven’t seen my quad mines yet lol

Cpt Obvious likes this.
  20. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member