1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of Switching to mk4 Speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Battle Bay Scrub, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

So I'm level 27 and I was thinking of Switching from fixer to speeder. Would this be a good build to start working towards? Is there anything I'm missing that I absolutely must have to play speeder?

Blast cannon
    Mine (or grenade launcher or plain cannon)
    Tesla Bolt (I don't have tesla shield)
    Overboost (I already have this but I also have a rare nitro I can level up to L30).
    Turbo
    Bandage (or small shield)

I already have the overboost, turbo and small shield (all L20 rare). The blast cannon, bandage and grenade launcher are epics and I already have a second epic blast cannon. the mine and tesla bolt are rare and I can get them past level 10. Plain cannon is a rare L30.

Might x-post this to le Reddit and see what they think as well.

2. NoMercy101

NoMercy101 New Member

I would not suggest using a plain cannon the speeder playstyle is to hit hard and bail. I personally use a big torp with a frost launcher and overboost and also blast cannon. A mine would be okay but not exactly recommended. For the blue slots, I personally prefer small shield because it gives you a lot of extra hitpoints to soak up damage. A grenade launcher would also be another option but a Tesla shield would be needed to get that close.

What's your infamy also because that is sometimes a big factor in how you can be most successful?

3. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

I play shooter, fixer and speeder, all at mk4. I agree 100% with NoMercy101 about the standard cannon, which is a no-no for the speeder. Here's my speeder set-up, hope this helps :
    - Frost mortar
    - overboost
    - blast cannon
    - big bertha
    - turbo
    - bandage

I find the bandage useful because as a speeder, you don't stick with the others as much as when you play another type of boats, so fixers can't heal you as often. Please note that my set-up is vulnerable to other speeders, especially those with an "assassin set-up" (dual blast C, for example). When you see one of those, you don't want to wander too far from the rest of your team because you need them to scare/shoot that guy away.

4. NoMercy101

NoMercy101 New Member

Totally agreed if you are playing with a mortar but I do think that a small shield would be better because you can get back to your fixer faster because of your speed