1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Casual & Competitive

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 1 Nov 2017.

1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Okay so I don't know if this is in the correct section but if its wrong then please move it for me.
    So I honestly do not know why this was never a thing. Why do we not have separate modes?
    Casual mode mode and competitive mode.
    Casual mode is essentially a quick play mode where we hop in and play against players for fun. Infamy is not affected and no resources are gained. Although there is a chance for crate drop maybe only common or uncommon crates. In casual you are also matched by infamy, but like i said, the match won't affect your infamy.

Competitive mode is just what we have going on normally right now.

2. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Maybe casual mode should still reward players,but less than competitive,lets say somewhere around a few less than 10000gold per win?

3. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

I would love a casual mode with zero rewards so I could practice new weapon setups or explore map strategies without pressure. My guess for why it hasn't been done is the active concurrent player base is not big enough so splitting into two game modes would cause long matchmaking times.

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

And what would be the point? Who would play a zero rewards mode? Every game played in there would reduce your progress.

Shadow Moon!, Crashedup and benguin8 like this.
  5. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

Beginners wanting to practice against people of a similar level for one. Seal clubbers wouldn't bother engaging in a mode that gives no rewards. If not a whole game mode at least a practice map like first flood being available for longer. I for one would like to try new weapon load outs and lesser played ships sometimes without screwing me and my teammates infamy.

craz¥burd and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I agree with this suggestion.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I want a Casual mode that normalizes all weapons and items. It could limit all ships to mk5 slots or whatever. This way everybody is evenly matched and the only difference is weapon/item choice and skill. Of course, this could actually be less casual and more competitive since it evens the playing field.

8. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Maybe a bot mode? Where you can play with a friend either in your team or the other. Nothing is lost or gained from this.
    Just basically a practice mode. Even offline if you're on your own?

9. noelips

noelips Member

Casual mode should reward players with parts and powercells instead of gold and sugar. Just like the dialy boxes for your first 3 battles of the day.

It could be like a pouch of parts for participating. Floaters recieve nothing of course. Not moving means your not participating.

10. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Guild Quests should only be able to be completed in Casual Mode.
    This will preserve Competitive Mode to only feature people's "best" builds.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  11. obscenery

obscenery New Member

The reason is $$$. They will make less as there is less reason for people to spend money if there is this kind of mode.

12. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

You might be right, but it's not immediately obvious to me. Can you please explain?

13. obscenery

obscenery New Member

Its simple, if there is such mode, there will be less desire to win thus you are less inclined to spend money to buy stuff. Most casual player just will do casual mode and not spending money.
    I played an online game, gunbound, long ago. There is mode where everyone is equal, no items effect or such. There were alot of people just stay there not spending money to get stronger.

Hodges likes this.
  14. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

A good developement team that listens to their community will make $$$

15. obscenery

obscenery New Member

LOL. This is rovio, dont get your hopes up kid.

Hodges likes this.
  16. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

This is the main reason the Dev's have stated before. Same reason we don't have 5v5 fleeting. Not enough players to support those matchmaking parameters. Unless everyone wants 2+ minute queue times that matchmake even more unbalanced teams.. :(

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

They did make the guild wars update, I won't judge them to be cash hungry. Also, what I want is a freeplay draft mode. Casual with weapons of your choice, rare t3-t4 everything, no infamy, all mk5 ships, just for fun. Why can't games be fun?

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

The big thing about a new game mode is how will it impact the infamy ladder. If it is too casual it will not be played by enough players for the cost to develope and install the game mode. If it is too good and rewards to strong then too many players will only play it and I will make infamy ladder brutal.

My suggestion would be a free for all battle for a new mode. Yes I know this will make fixers a struggle but imagine 10 ships where they are all against each other. Different spawn points and you are matched to similar players in infamy. You would receive gold and sugar for damage and kills and the same time limit would apply.
    The benefit to the devs is matchmaking will already bee in place, it would just be creating 10 teams into the code instead of 2. It would be a new experience for players and would require different strategies.
    Cons fixers would be tough to play and speeders might be OP in this game mode being able to get away from slower ships and being able to snipe anyone. Con 2 it still doesn’t give a way to test new ships and weapons unless you level them

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

I would much rather a vs computer option if I'm going to play against players still then what's the point?

20. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

How about a PVE mode with various levels of difficulty to choose from...for different rewards. This avoids the AFK frustration and allows a player to practice without affecting other players scores. It could be infamy rated or not.