1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to balance the "secret formula" for determining stars

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KellEl, 18 May 2017.

1. Mighty scorpian

Mighty scorpian Member

Extreme gamer
    Anytime

2. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

in that case frost cannon must count towards contribution, but tesla bolt definitely doesnt. still haven't seen evidence of it and i use all the time and end up with 1 star...

3. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

Yeah...think about the health that a fixer gives...if they do their job properly, then it'll keep the team alive and allow for damage to continuously be dealt. I haven't verified this but health could be equivalent to damage dealt...

4. KellEl

KellEl Member

Maybe the way to improve the star system starts with a little more transparency. I'm not saying they should tell us exactly what is in the "secret sauce" but the report at the end of the match could tell us a little more. How much did a healer heal? How many times did a tesla stun or a frost freeze?
    I still think the speeder isn't being valued like it should. Yes you can play speeder like a damage dealer, but its best asset to the team is its ability to draw and avoid enemy fire. Doing so while trying to line up shots is challenging, especially since the speeder has a rather slow turret movement compared to its turning speed. I'd like to see dodging accounted for. Percentage of enemy shots fired within 1 radius of each vehicle? And while the top players may use speeder, that doesn't mean they are getting 3 stars all the time. Top players spend lots of money. They likely don't care as much about the extra stars and rewards as they do about winning. Speeders help a team win and everyone on the team moves up in infamy so being a top player doesn't mean they get a lot of stars.

rlxgenerate and lolawola like this.
  5. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I'm with ya.
    I feel like due to the fact that all the ships have their own special characteristic that makes them effective, it would be nice to see their abilities brought out other than "damage dealt"...
    Defender: show stats on damage taken
    Shooter: damage dealt
    Speeder: % of shots avoided
    Enforcer: time enemies stunned or frozen
    Fixer: amount of health recovered

Would be nice to see...i agree.
    ***Imagine if we noticed a fixer heal for 4k hp and a defender took 5k points of damage...that would put in perspective the shooter who dealt 4.5k points of damage...or the enforcer who managed to freeze the enemy for 60 total seconds...or the speeder who avoided 85% of the shots fired upon him while dealing 2.5k points of damage***

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Now I can't be sure, but I didn't see sayfer frost or stun anybody in this one. Screenshot_2017-05-22-10-20-11.png

7. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

My experience so far has been that HP healed and damage taken are also factored in, hence us fixers getting stars quite consistently. (Fixers do have some tanking properties in the lower leagues.) I think the star system has been pretty fair so far.

Sometimes players make strategic shots like focusing on low hp targets, which is very important to the battle, but I don't think that part can be calculated as easily.

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

No idea. I went to work on their 3 top performers in that one, and got the kill on pew!pew! and augustpk. Forced rebornx back into the tunnel behind us so the team could focus on the tank in front.. I finished on almost full health, but not sure I should be penalised for that? Do you get more stars for having a higher class ship? ;)

9. JJf

JJf Member

During last few days I've been in several battles where speeders or enforcers have dealt less damage than shooters and still received more stars. Next time I try to remember take a screenshot. I'll post it here so everyone can see the game somehow calculates also stunnings/blocked shots/whatever.

10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

That makes sense though, often distraction, frost, and stun win the battle. I'm curious how a shooter managed to get more stars there by doing less damage.
    I'm sure there is a valid reason I'm missing, I'd just like to know.

11. JJf

JJf Member

Might be the reason developer was talking about earlier: the contribution means more than pure damage. If you do your damage shooting an enemy who doesn't move, doesn't make damage, isn't fixing etc. you aren't contributing as much as you would be if shooting a dangerous unfriend. I don't know that much about the star system but that's the only reason I can imagine.

12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Which is why I pointed out that my damage was mostly done to their 3 top performing ships in that one..

13. JJf

JJf Member

Yes, it seems pretty odd for me, too, as long as I don't know exactly how does the star counting work. You even sunk two ships and the shooter only one. I believe the devs won't tell us more about the star counting so we must keep guessing.

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty difficult to feel bad about one star anyway. There are plenty more out there:)