1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

@A55A51N you know that actually t5 epics hit harder than legendaries right?
    besides that, 3900 damage with 2 shots is it more or less than 4000 to 5000 damage in one shot? that is simple maths man

people saying nitro out, nitro move you like 1 meter away and not all the ships can "nitro out"
    (btw i play mk5 defender, 4200 not)

imo just big torps need a nerf, they have too much base damage that gets way too much multiplied by frost perks, everything is fine with frost torps except the goddamn damage output
    as i said again what brings this kind of heavy crowd control shouldn't also bring the best damage per hit feature, if you think about it, it's just mere and plain overpowered
    tesla crowd controls but didn't bring any damage increasal, and it got nerfed for the mere sake of it was too much crowd control: you were permastunned.
    now we have the same shit with the frost, you are permafrosted BUT THIS TIME YOU ARE ALSO GETTING 5K PER HIT while being under a crowd control effect.

i don't really get how people can still justify it or still compare it to fg+ec, which deals half as much, doesn't CC and it's actually 2 weapons being used, 1 also delivering it's damage over time....

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

If you're a mk5 in Nightmare, expect speeders to come target you. They know they can kill a mk5 easily.
    Complain when you have a mk6

And big torp doesn't need a Nerf,
    frost just needs a slight nerf if anything.
    I'm fine if they leave it as is.
    (You also gotta remember speeders need their shots to count, they only have 2 weapon slots, so don't be surprised if the devs don't do anything about it)

~Written by a non frost user, non bias.

3. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Yes, but what is the equality? Like an epic t3 is roughly equal to t4 rare.
    1. Frost+torp is 2 shots, first the frost and then torp
    B2AE2A43-40B0-4CA5-BC47-8DC35AEEDDCF.png Here’s an epic t5 frost torp from Bunta’s videos. 3846 dmg is not 5k. Ok bunta may not have all frost talents and perks but still if you are saying you got hit by 5k, you either took 2 shots in a row or got hit by a lege.
    Frost blaster and stun can only control 1 enemy. If you have 3 boats, they can take a frost+torp speeder down. If you are not with your team, speeders will take you down. And it’s not owerpowered.
    Because
    -they both need a combo (frost or fire)
    -both hard hiting weapons have a radius (ec 2, bt 3.5)
    -both are most effective at close range
    But
    -in fg+ec combo both parts deal dmg, frosttorp only one
    -frosttorp is really hard to hit anywhere exept just out of the arming range (not counting lucky long range)
    -ec is a lot faster than torp (obviously)

So imo, torp is fine and balanced with the speed, but frost could be nerfed slightly.

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    You don't have to slow down for flare + EC, which deals around 80-90% the damage of frost + torpedo, only a lot of it is damage over time which is less useful. benefit of torp tho is that it leaves the guy frosted for ~6 seconds and you still have another gun.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2017
  5. A55A51N

Student
    True, but flare leaves the target on fire for 15-20 secs. And my team often shoots the frosted enemy and my torp hits when there’s 0,1-3 secs frost left( that is ANNOYING!!)

6. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

@A55A51N so biased man... and it's frost perks and talents that make the combo so OP... fire on ec gives like 70% more of 1500 damage, frost on bt gives like 70% more of 3800 damage... if Bunta had frost perks he would be hitting 5k+, YSL hits me solid 4ks, same stuff from blacksharktorp and other frost torp users, if i catch the one with the evolved legendary bt its 5k damage.

and since when frost blaster is a weapon\uses a weapon slot lol that's a rookie mistake
    are you saying that after the big torp the speeder can't use a second weapon, with your reason then lets calc 2.5k + 1.6k (damage that is dealt over 20 seconds) fg ec combo = 4.1k damage, lets calc bt+st on frosted target = 4.5k+1.7k = 6.2k and nothing of this damage is dealt over time.
    For your reason a balanced thing is to land 6.2k damage with 2 shots. right

why among all the top speeders and enforcers frost loadout is like 10:1 ratio respect fire loadout?

Your arguments:
    -they both need a combo (frost or fire) frost torp combo can be pulled only on speeders and enforcers
    -both hard hiting weapons have a radius (ec 2, bt 3.5) lmao bt aoe hits you behind a wall, ec? not really
    -both are most effective at close range if your target is stuck in place any weapon is effective at any range
    But
    -in fg+ec combo both parts deal dmg, frosttorp only one fg deals damage over 20 seconds, ec damage is the half of bt damage, for fire combo u use 2 weapons for frost u use one so you can dish even more damage using a second weapon
    -frosttorp is really hard to hit anywhere exept just out of the arming range (not counting lucky long range) frosttorp is really hard to hit... well the whole point of this thread is that it's just way too easy to land this cause frost glues you down
    -ec is a lot faster than torp (obviously) it's not even a point lol, actually you have unregistered cannon shots with ec, you can't have them with bt

Babablacksheep likes this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

unnamed (15).gif

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  8. A55A51N

Student
    This I agree with, frosts are too strong atm, and a nerf would be in place. But the torp is fine and that shouldn’t be nerfed
    And I also play shooter, I have been in the receivong end of frosttorp many times

Last edited: 30 Oct 2017
  9. Babablacksheep

Well they shouldn't nerf it to ground like TRIPLE TORPEDOS. It should be strong, YES! To make it count. But in current situation, It's more of a game changer than mine. Maybe i m wrong, but at my level this is the case

10. battlebaymembers

battlebaymembers New Member

3.8k damage is enough to 1 shot a FULL HP MK5 fixer with epic standard shield. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

edited: tier4 epic standard shield. lol

11. A55A51N

Student
    It’s a game changer. Nightmare speeders can hit, kill someone, and run. But it is more because of frost’s power than torp’s. Even t5 frost glues you totally so you can’t really move. So when we are talking about leges.... it’s too op

12. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

13. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess at a higher imfamy it'd hurt loosing 3.8k health lol.
    I don't really get that much dmg from big torps as of yet. (I'm ace league still)

14. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

somewhere in a distant realm... ned stark is lauging at his grave... "winter is coming" :) lighten up guys...

15. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

nerf is coming... you'll see... so just chill :)

16. Babablacksheep

Ohhh no no no! We had to wait a lot for winter to come, 6 years. Not that thing for frost nerf, need it ASAP:eek:( No offense frost users)

behumble likes this.
  17. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

We are generally always looking into and reviewing the game balance - that includes weapons. We can't share anything definite on this one at this moment - but rest assured all opinions are heard, as always.

If you want to hear any personal opinions from devs you can start a personal conversation and may get a reply ;)

We'll generally not comment on any game balance or design feedback/ideas until we are sure what we will implement/change on our end - so sorry to not give further insights at this moment.

Babablacksheep and A55A51N like this.
  18. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

allright thanks for reply

19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Why does this get a response and ‘consideration’ @The Grim Repair ? Yellow items get a nerf every update, first OB, then HP, then Tesla Bolt, now Frost?

All because shooters are crying that other boats are able to kill them in two shots? Welcome to my world, where every ship is a shooter with high crit snipers that kill me in two shoots (even while trying to run away using OB). While it takes me 10 shots to kill them back with a Blast Cannon (supposed to be a powerful close combat weapon).

If you’re thinking of nerfing one of the only good combos that can chew through all their hp and armour in a reasonable time, then why not think about nerfing their armour, so regular weapons actually have an impact. At least nerf the armour (why do they even that?), and why do they have an extra slot?

Is it just a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Look how many shooters there are below 1500, it’s like a one ship game.

/ 2 cents

Shadow Moon!, A55A51N and Rated R like this.
  20. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

mk5 and lower shooter are actually getting oneshotted from frost torps, even mk6s if they didnt go the shield way
    speeder squishy uhm... tesla shield? reposition urself and bandage?

and right speeders get glued too and through tesla shield, then oneshotted with torps

no but it's balanced, it's just fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.