1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Just because something you can't deal with doesn't means it is op.

thunderhawk and @YSL like this.
  2. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

fire + ec combo doesnt hit 3k, i have that too, i tested it and i couldnt deal more than 2.5k, and i have maxed my crew with epic perks,
    also it was hard for me to land it so i preferred to go full crit on my ecs so i deal 2.8k in 1 out of 5 shots, then replaced my flare gun with t5 epic sniper
    at the end you recover the missing DPS from the fire bonus with the extra damage that sniper has over the flare gun

3. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

what?

something you can't deal with, it IS op

there is nothing else on BB that can't be dealt with
    lol xD

TheRedSpeeder and PepeButtCrack like this.
  4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yeah but there is no way to deal with it. You can't dodge blaster thanks to fastest speed and shield penetration (because logic). Once you're glued, you're pretty dead because a) you can't doge that torp b) even if you somehow survived that hit, you're still glued for the next one.

5. Earel

Earel Active Member

I've played vs this setup vs top nightmare league (frost+torp = 1 hit for my 4.2 k hp ) and not only speeder use this setup... Brizo(fixer7) also use it well...
    Only 1 thing could save you ... it's a repair bolt (stun + freez- repair bolt = combo broken , speeder run)... and all be fine ...
    But I have trouble when enemy switch target to me )... rest ok... it's could be probably the way to remove slow from myself

6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Plus fire damage, which is easily 20 secs x ~80 damage = 1600. It is less useful damage but it's still damage. Also this combo is pretty easy and quick to pull off

7. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

well first fixer's repair bolt that removes stun and frost, it doesnt remove it, it just removes the icon but it doesnt remove the effect, you are still slow and frozen (it's bugged)

again at fire ec combo, fire+ec dont deal 3k damage its 2.5k at best, and you actually have to aim at a moving target and it's not really an easy thing with the flare gun, projectile is slow and range is short
    a frost torp is a point blank on a frosted target and it's TWICE as much damage as fire-ec combo. T W I C E as much, and if target survives you leave him low hp and glued in place, which it doesnt happen with fire-ec

8. battlebaymembers

battlebaymembers New Member

the moment you are frozen , you know you are done.

9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah well you can get point blank with flare + EC too? Saying it's a point blank weapon isn't an advantage

Ps: nerf frost to make the combo less reliable. And I use this setup and wouldn't mind if it reverted to pre patch

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

@A55A51N Was using sniper - It got nerfed
    Had epic tesla shield ready for enforcer - it got nerfed

Nerf and buff cycle should continue to shift metas. Frost torp should be next. Just because you use frost blaster and torpedo doesn't mean you protect it. It's ridiculously strong.

@Stelmo - nightmare league enforcer
    @Jasper21 - enforcer 3.3k infamy

@EyeOfDoom - A defender around 3.2k
    Are the people who commented and not shooter
    All those ships want it nerfed, not only shooter . Even speeder not using it want it nerfed. Nobody is biased, frankly i have never seen steep increase in frost users.Stop blaming everything on shooters please!

@Ian92999 i agree it's you have to make a lot of sacrifice, in terms of yellow items to use frost.But currently it's crazy strong.I m not denying the skills of speeders who use it

TheRedSpeeder and Crashedup like this.
  11. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I'm sorry and I must have missed it. To those claiming it is not OP, how do you exactly deal with it without the help of your team?(I know it's a team game but really you only have to look out for yourself).

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    @Babablacksheep, frost is ridiculously strong, not torp. And I would be fine with a nerf, as long as it is only frost nerf.
    @Zombie,
    28606F38-0350-47DC-A65F-71ADE69FA8D6.png 94E6E393-19E1-4B3F-B9C2-E8C9FD9CE4AF.png
    So this guy hits that shooter with an epic t5 flare (77 dps, 21 s duration). So flare does 21 • 77 = 1617 dmg. Ec with fire does 2289 dmg.
    Combined, they deal 2289 + 1617 = 3906 dmg. And they are not even legendaries, just epics, and it almost goes to 4k.
    And the best way to avoid frost torp is nitro (ofc only an option for speeders, enfos and fixers and most don’t use it but still).

Shadow Moon! and Ian like this.
  13. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Let us skill shot torps to blow them up before they hit us

14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I think the problem has more to do with Big's damage than Frost's slow, though all of them including Launcher could use some tuning.

PepeButtCrack and Disguised like this.
  15. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

Just Use A NITRO
    It is Super effective and it annoys the ship out of frost and torpedo users
    I Have met many speeders who think they can kill me with there legendary torpedo... Not Today!!!
    Just stick close to them

The Annoying This is speeders come behind us, im the only one that notices, trying to warn team, i get away but my team is devestated
    Team Only notices them when " I " Get low health, Annoying AF
    I hope u enjoyed my rant

16. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    If my big torp gets nerfed I'll cry. As a player who does not spend money it helps as being my most powerful weapon. Ill never have legendary and tons of epic weapons. I rely on my rare and my torp is my weapon that does best and most damage . Which helps that i can't afford to spend tons of money in pearls in hope for legendary

17. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

Guys If You Are Pissed Off By Frost
    Try A Rudder To Turn Out Of The Way Of Torps... Turning Works Weak You Cant Run Mostly

18. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    What if you get stunned? - Especially for 10 seconds +

19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I like when people frost me. Your ship rotation speed increases, my speeder was able to turn 90 degrees. Very satisfying.

20. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

What do you think about combo of Frost launcher + Mortars?
    Unlike that combo - Frost blaster + Big torpedo to use much more difficult.
    Tons of damage from this combo no one cares, but a frost torpedoes need a nerf? However nothing new -_-

Rated R and A55A51N like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.