1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

too many ghost shells.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Anomalix, 27 Apr 2017.

1. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

The title says it all, tired of losing matches by one hit because my hit didn't count. I get visual and sound effects (AND SOMETIMES I EVEN GET DAMAGE NUMBER BUT OPPONENT'S HP WASNT AFFECTED!!!!!!!)

2. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hi Anomalix!
    That's most likely a connection problem. We're looking into a solution for this.

-Bennunator

3. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Nice try mister Ben, but in my shooter gaming experience, I have encounter ghost shells in a lot of them, and most of the time it was cheaters taking advantage of different connection speeds and bad coding. In every case, it was resolved within days or weeks. And never were we told by an admin that "it's bad connection". They owned up to their mistakes and fixed it. So please keep your easy answers for the uneducated crowd. For further observation of the matter, I discovered that it happens vs speeders 9 out of 10 times, and most of the time its the kill shot. One shot that I can recall, I timed my big torpedo to hit both opponents(speeder and shooter) as they cross each other, the torpedo went through both of them... I also noticed that it seems to be related to the torpedos proximity detection coding. And I'm not talking about close range shots (it makes sense that you can't damage or kill an enemy at close range with torpedos because the explosion would damage your own ship).
    On a related subject, why do some opponents start to violently jerk and teleport out of harm's way only when they are about to die? They didn't teleport the entire game but suddenly when they face annihilation, they lose connection and teleport behind you only to regain their connection to hit you?

4. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Argh, every day with this game... I have never been frustrated by a game like this before. I mean all games have issues, but they fix them...
    Let's start with yesterday, get a matchup with 4 speeders on the opposing team and none on our side( why not spread them 2vs2 is beyond me). So right away I say to myself "great another waste game and a lost". But through maneuvering elegantly, I drag 3 of them in a tunnel, launch triple torpedo, they all turn left and run into the wall, holy shet I got them!!! I send my big torpedo right in the middle, even if I miss them, they on the wall, the explosion should kill them all. But no, absolutely nothing... Of course, I get wasted promptly. So you're telling me my premium internet is at fault or all 3 opponents gets saved because they have shitty wifi?
    Now let's look at today. I calculate around 3000+ damage before I'm taken down, saw the numbers and all. not really hard to see. Stayed to see outcome and results, I had 0 damage, ZEEEEERRRROOO.
    This is the product you wanna global launch? If your coders say they can't fix this, you got bad coders, deal with it.

5. F.L.A.K!

F.L.A.K! New Member

I have this happen often

6. Xepe

Xepe Member

I have a similar problem. The ships that are just in front of me, just disappear but still hitting me and hurting my hp.

7. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Yes please look forward this issue, seem game more lag than before, especially we which live in asia