1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters Need A Nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 25 Oct 2017.

?

Do you think shooters could use some rebalancing?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I saw 10K+ HP shooter at around 3500 infamy

2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I doubt anyone here saying shooters are easy to kill have ever seen one of them.

3. Miku Da Yo 39

That is why they should take away the armor points or reduce it to 5 like enforcer. Like they have monstrous hp and the same max speed as fixer. That's enough to last in battle when you can rain hell upon your targets. Still someone tell me why a speeder can also have monstrous HP. Have you ever seen a 8K hp speeder? Its called BS

4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Meh, I don't waste much time on discussions like these. Ship balancing is only done base on top 50 players. So there won't be any change until somhow shooters become 50% of the meta or something like that. Devs don't bother with overall numbers.

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Well im in top 100 in Canada now, ONWARDS to top 50 IN THE WORLD!!!!! ahahahaha

6. - ZeroFactor -

- ZeroFactor - New Member

Yea i agree, all ships should have thier respective roles

Defender
    pros: high hp and armor
    cons: slow speed, vunerable to torps and mortars

Speeder
    pros: high speed, small profile
    cons: low hp and low armor

fixer
    pros: can heal teammates, supportive role
    cons: lacking in self defence and firepower

enforcer
    pros: good utility and manuverability (high turret turn speed, can reverse quickly)
    cons: has no outstanding features

shooter
    pros: high firepower, good speed, high amount of hp and armor
    cons: no yellow slots??

basically, the shooter’s pros completely outweigh its cons making other ships pale in comparison

Raj Das and ThatOnion like this.
  7. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

There Are a couple shooter with 9 k hp for several reasons. For starters he prolly max out in captain lvl. Also thats how it is when u reach max ship brotha. YOU will get there , keep grinding.

8. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    A shooter should be a "glass cannon" lots of weapons, and not a lot of hp/speed.
    Not a "Godly OP ship up to mk6" with tons of everything.

I'd say take away some of the blue slots and defence, maybe increase the turret and turning speed. And we now have a reasonable shooter

9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Ironically, that would make shooters even more dangerous lol

Babablacksheep and vis1234567899 like this.
  10. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

All i say is take away the defence and maybe one blue slot.

11. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yep probably something like enforcer with 5 weapons lol

12. magician

magician New Member

thats totally correct

13. magician

magician New Member

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...game-great-for-new-players-trump-voice.13000/
    check my idea i really think that help in the problem of the big popularity of shooter
    i don't know how put 2 replys in one message some guy send me the link of edition guide plis
    anyway shooter is totally ok, he have a lot of weapons yes 5 but in your level 1200-1500 normally you have some items because you need use your slots you have a uncommon item only because you don't have a better version
    i personally use a uncommon sniper for 2 or 3 months because i don't have a better thing. so yes 5 weapons don't give you a big power only give you the option of shooting always. the people normaly make his ships depending of the items they have. So many green items you star thinking: so test the fixer, seconds later you see your infamy start flying in the freedom and you use the fixer because now you have extra 500 infamy.
    so your problem is the long time you need to kill one shooter i have the same problem to kill a defender with my normal cannons, your blast cannon have 528 dmg to 536 in the video the guy have mk5 so 20 armour is a good idea public the item level. you know the exactly level. the explosive cannon have a min dmg of 428 and a max of 458. and uncommon cannon of level 40 have 281dmg with talents, no perks. so -30 armor i think. 250dmg, in case you don't fail any shoot you have in time 0seconds-1 shoot, 2.5- 2 shoots, 5-3, 7.5-4, 10-5. 5 shoots= total dmg 1250dmg.
    first the explosive cannon because have more cooldown 12.2 - 2.5 global you have 9.2s in this moment you shoot the blast have a 11.1s of cooldown. 9.2s cooldown time for explosive finally finish you shoot again the explosive you only need wait 1.9s more for blast but global cooldown have more time so you need wait 2.5s, basically you need wait 14.7s to shoot 2 times the blast cannon and the explosive and other 14.7s to shoot again. max dmg from you blast 536 from your explosive 458. 536.2=1072+916 from explosive you have a total dmg of 1988
    the cannons in the same time +0.3 cause 1750dmg. Note:check the maths idk bro
    so in time 0 to 29.4s you shoot all your weapons 3 times with a total dmg of 2982 wait 9.2s to use explosive again and you finally kill that guy you need a total of 38.6 seconds to kill that shooter
    obviusly in case all is perfect but in your video a fixer help the shooter, in this case the best option is attack the fixer is very easy kill a fixer look this:
    fixer normally have less hp than a shooter
    fixer have the pulse, box, ducktape, and bolt.
    nobody use the ducktape. normally the people use pulse always and they use box or bolt normally a fixer don't use bolt and box is more easy for a fixer use only box or bolt. in case the guy have a bolt and pulse is easy kill him, bolt only heal ally and pulse nerf destroy the fixer tank strategy in case he don't have ducktape and only have pulse and bolt attack him, he dead fast.
    note i hear that fixer have a box in the moment 0:52 but is still easy kill him
    anyway you are a speeder you only have 2 slots for weapons you need use a powerful weapon and focus the important guy like fixer

Last edited: 27 Oct 2017
    ViscountSniffit likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This is exactly correct. In the heat of battle, many speeders forget that they are assassins. A speeder surviving after taking down a high value target is a bonus acquired due to skill.

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah I put a stun on the fixer to stop him healing, and then I stole his repair box. I’m not actually sure the fixer did manage to help him until much later, it seemed to be mostly the bandage that kept healing him.

If my stun prevented healing then I guess that might have helped, but I don’t have that talent yet. Though If I’m happily floating in someone’s blindspot, then I don’t like to use the stun anyway, as it tends to give the game away.

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it’s a bit hard to assassinate something if it won’t die. People often say the speeder is a ‘hit and run’ ship, but if it takes 40+ seconds to chip a target down, then that’s an awful long time for such a fragile ship to have to hang in battle. Even a speeder can’t avoid shots indefinitely (usually not at all if someone is good with a sniper).

I don’t have a problem with shooters being dangerous, but they seem far too forgiving. If I ambush someone, on thier own, in enemy territory, and I’m left free to shoot them in the back for 40 seconds... that person needs to die, and learn to play better; not shrug it off and continue killing stuff.

Say what you like about the speeder, but forgiving it is not. One lucky hit with a torpedo/mine or sniper and it’s game over.

Raj Das and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. magician

magician New Member

38.6 seconds to kill that shooter, you need powerful things your explosive cannon need the talents and 30% of all dmg unlock in final levels so explosive is a bad weapon for you in this moment blast is good.
    put other weapon or a fire thing.
    you need a thing like grenade launcher, or mine put mines around the map is more easy with a speeder. the carronade is only 1 weapon, reduce the armor for shooter because carronade is no so good vs shooter is little funny, anyway the armor only make the difference in case you use weapons with low cooldown and dmg.
    yeah with 2 weapons the game don't give you a big oportunity of test different things. anyway the speeder is a support ship in the other hand.
    note: i play defender and is very funny how a little speeder attack me and i charge to the enemy. i want a dmg for contact so i touch people :D

Last edited: 27 Oct 2017
    TheAntiSnipe, Babablacksheep and Ian like this.
  18. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

lmao so many awful advice here

Babablacksheep likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

The speeder is the true skilled player's ship. You play very well, but you need more attack power. You are a good player, but we all have room to improve. Speeders are NOT forgiving, that's a good quote! I got two-hit the first time I played speeder. Two sniper cannon shots are still enough to kill my speeder, 1.7k health is too low against players capable of taking it all in seconds. I feel you, man. We play in the same infamy ranges.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

Did you switch over from shooter to speeder? If you did (most people do it) then I'll tell you something. As a speeder, save your shots. Remember your average damages. In the beginning of a fight, take potshots. I personally keep a range. My range is pretty high up. The "range" here is not about physical range, but how many bursts you need to kill an opponent successfully. I have a range of 900 hp. If I see an unfriend ship at 900ish HP, it's a dead wreck floating. I fire a flaregun shot, follow it up win my blast cannon. The flaregun averages 300, the blast averages 650ish on an armoured burning target.

Be the opportunist. Command your team to shoot at a high value target while you keep the enemy team busy with evasion. Then, once the main target is in your "range", give it all you've got. The rest of the team falls into chaos if the best of them goes down in seconds.

Speeder is a psychological game as much as it is one of reflexes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.