1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

5 player fleet should be allowed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ankit Kumar Agarwal, 14 Oct 2017.

1. Ankit Kumar Agarwal

Ankit Kumar Agarwal New Member

Battle bay allows only two players to fleet up. At crucial stages eg. When a player is at infamy 898 and does not want to lose a match it is frustrating when 1 or more teammates don't even play and keep floating. The game already allows 2 player fleet, guild rewards etc so why not allow 5 player fleet making it even more enjoyable and give rewards for fleets. Just a suggestion.

2. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    This is an old topic. Admins stated they wont make it. Because it would be unfair. Games main purpose is making a strategy. You 5 people would be coordinated and can easily win. But rival 5 person will be random. They cant even make something. Thats why its unfair.

Taevion0 and Babablacksheep like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t think that argument holds up. It might be a little unfair for a few games, while teams find thier level, in the same way legendary weapons are unfair. But as a team progresses they will quickly run into other fleets and stronger teams, until they are only winning 50% again.

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

Why should be unfair a 5 players orgainised team agsinst another 5 players orgainised team?

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Because the matchmaker can't make decent matches nearly as well as it can with 5 seperate players, especially at the high end of the game, where there are already much fewer players. It would create high waiting times and unfair matchups.

Also, I believe miika once posted this question in response to 5 player fleets: What if the 5 best players in the game team up? Who would they get mached against?

Taevion0 and The Grim Repair like this.
  6. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

I think i would like to see the 5 best players against other 5 good players...maybe the 5 best players are the best when playng alone...and not when in team ...cose different tactics, not so suit best ships to fleet in 5 together....and many many other variables. The result of the battle is not just depending from the leaderboard position or by the strenght of the ship ... how many times can you see a team with 2 or 3 MK6 loosing against a team with only one MK6 or none at all but better setted up?
    To conclude: im sure the matchmacking will find good team to make a good balanced battle if the opposite team is composed from the best 5 players of the rank-leaderboard; and dont forget ...the game is in evolution, always...there will be always new "strongest" players coming on... so lets see what they can do... lets them fleet up to 5... lets see who will win... it must be a great show :)

7. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

guys, be patient, the devs are working on this... this has been one of the longest running topics in battlebay, since the beta days...

The Grim Repair likes this.
  8. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

Sure i dont want make hurry to the devs, just explaining why it would be great; the devs must have the time they need to do a great job so everybody or almost everybody will be happy with that :)

yellowocean likes this.
  9. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

they can make it fair , thats whats their work is. If this is done the game will hit No 1 on Play store and App store

NaveFantasma likes this.
  10. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

are they working or they told they cannot introduce this feature ?

11. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

What would the pros and cons be of 5 man fleets?
    IMO
    Pros- no more afk players on ur team
    Hand picked teams(of like infamy and weapons.)
    No more suicide players on ur team
    Promotes team communication (if they use a voice chat, or even tbrew guild chat they talk about what each player needs to do befor a match)

Cons- possible longer que times
    Not having 5 friends to fleet with and always going against 5 man fleets.....(wich should be ur issue not everyone elses)

Feel free to add in more pros and cons as u please

12. yellowocean

at that point in time, it was not feasible to introduce the 5 on 5 feature or they haven't figured out how to do it in a manner that would not dilute the random battles player pool (beta days)... but now, with a bigger player base, i know, in casual conversations with devs, that they are seriously working on a good way to make that happen. As you may have realized by now, battlebay is a pretty unique MOBA, the usual 5v5 formats of other MOBAs can't really be adapted outright for this game. they can't commit on a timeline, but they are really working on this. all the players want this...

13. *Rubber Duck*

I think with new things comeing to battle bay that 5 man fleets will be a must! Im not saying it will or wont happen but with they way they are pushing the game it will be required IMO that u allow 5 man fleets

14. yellowocean

my take on this is for the 5v5 format to be restricted to sandbox mode (probably with limited usage per day), and special events (guild wars / tournaments)... for random battles, the current format should be sufficient. a five man fleet going against 5 random players would most likely result in lopsided wins for the fleeted group, that wouldn't be a good regular scenario

Miathan and The Grim Repair like this.
  15. *Rubber Duck*

I think it could go ethwr way, if ur not using voice communication its still any teams game. Ppl dont pay enof attintion to the enemy team. Iv had luck with getting 5 guildies on the same team in a match with and withought voice and we some times we did horrible, some times we do great! I feel its still a roll of the dice just from past experiance with lucky que timeing

16. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Another big problem is just running up against a team of wallet warriors. All ledgendary items. It'd be even more unfair on other teams or players. The consequences are too high risk for Rovio, there are many cons as noted by the guys ^
    It will be quiet some time before this happens, if it ever Happens.
    (but remain hopeful!... Quietly because I'm sure the devs are sick of people asking about it ;))

17. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

i hope they develop 5 vs 5 fleet, in limited time and not like in more 1-2 years

*Rubber Duck* likes this.
  18. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

the next top 5 players also have legendary weapons , you can check them in global list. So i don't think weapons will be a problem

*Rubber Duck* likes this.
  19. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the guys 1000-3000 infamy. I know I'd be annoyed if I never even had a chance lol

20. *Rubber Duck*

There are rare and epic items just as strong, ppl at that infamy more than likely dont have a t2 legendary and legendary doesnt =skill