1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Communication problem of developers, moderators and rovio staff.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shadow Moon!, 25 Oct 2017.

?

Do you think devs should communicate before implementing new rules.

1. Yes

93.6%
  2. No

6.4%
  1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

So recently new rule was applied about gaining tokens and many people claim that there wasn't proper communication while implementing the rule in middle of season. What do you think?

Princess sarah94 likes this.
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

3. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Actually the new rule was implemented 3 or 4 hours before the end of rivalry....wtf!

4. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Not sure if we should throw this much salt at the devs... People were asking all the time to make guilds more usefull, and the devs worked their asses of just to deliver it.

Maybe we, the community put them under too much pressure, resulting in a rushed update. They didn't even got the time to make it perfect yet. I think they should have waited before bringing the update untill everything was perfect. But instead they listened too much to the community.

Take this from a player standing up for the same devs who gave me a rollback causing me to quit the game.

Do I think they should communicate a little bit more? Yes I do... But none of this would be even neccesary if we didn't put them under this much pressure to begin with.

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Stop defending them. They had days if not weeks of notice before dropping this fix , rule, guild hop stop. It's not like they were pressured to drop this fix, they did that on their own, and there's no way that Rovio didn't know in advance. So it wasn't a planned thing....See below https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...ators-and-rovio-staff.13869/page-2#post-65989
    This is occurrence(or blunder whatever you want to call it) #3 where they could have "informed" & "Communicated" well before they drop the fix, but they chose to perform the action at a very late stage without any indication and deciding to punish the players, with no care or remorse. AGAIN!

Do I need to refresh all our memories for the past several weeks of exploit & update patches?

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
  6. Shadow Moon!

I wasn't throwing salt at devs I was just pointing out that the announcement was made just on forums and not in game. As not every player check forum regularly some don't even know forum exists. Maybe they should have given time like 2 hrs before implementing changes and announcements should have been in game not just on forum. That's all.
    This coming from a player who didn't even change guilds got rewards and wasn't forced to quit game even if there were clear provocations.

7. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

I think the devs are doing the best they can, as @Wishall said, we the community put them under a lot of pressure...
    But yes, they could definitely talk to us a lot more. And be a little more understanding.

I got the token punishment from stuff I did in the first 5 days of the update.(stopped Day 5)
    I didn't even know it was cheating until over a week later. So in areas like that I'd love to see Rovio devs just making more notice boards ect. Really talking to the people.

Other then that,
    they're doing a fantastic job:D
    So keep it up Rovio devs. Just work on that communication. After all, communication is key to a healthy relationship ;)

8. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

I like everything about the game. So they are doing a good job in my eyes. But the devs themselves just need to communicate more. Of they do that, and actually listen to the decent players, I won't have any complaints.

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

We've been saying this for quite some time. These guys are simply getting paid doing what they do and there's no sense of responsibility or owning their actions here(for their mistakes and incompetence). It's clearly showing.

Personally I have completely lost confidence in Rovio, and do not trust what they say or do, and take action to your own hands to prevent any monetary loss / time lost. I suggest you all to do the same.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
  10. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

hmmmm this is my input.....
    The devs don't have to communicate with anybody ( this is their "game" ) BUT , yes theres a but

I believe they should have a small private group that they can talk directly and discuss the future plans. Someone that can be "QUITE" and don't post their conversion screen shots on Facebook and forums.

11. Shadow Moon!

Do you even know what we're talking here about?

Kalbs and Joey who like this.
  12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

No thanks.

13. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

thats only my answer to the post, thats is all.

14. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

Agree, amazing game indeed, thats why so many ppl are additive.

15. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I don't think @Wishaal meant the fix update but the actual 2.5 patch which clearly had this loophole there and that's why it is said to be unfinished/not ready for publicing. Anyway, I do not take any part to this conversation more than this as I do not have any opinion for this. So please do not continue about this with me :) I just wanted to point this out as this is how I understood Wishaal's comment.

Wishaal likes this.
  16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Salt is an additive. You mean addicted. Game used to be better, it's showing a lot of faults lately and losing it's lustre.

17. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

Thanks for you auto spelling correct. Appreciated.

#black Shark Torp

18. Shadow Moon!

#black Shark Torp

19. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Really this not a punishment as many people do not guild hop. Do u guild hop. You probably dont. The developers probably worked hard to even do this and i believe it makes it makes battle bay a better place. They probably did not feel like waiting a weeks before this was implemented so rushed to do it for today as they want people to appreciate that they also want to make the bay a better place faster.

20. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The team put the update out, she was the one who informed us about it