1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters Need A Nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 25 Oct 2017.

?

Do you think shooters could use some rebalancing?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well. You're running an ION cannon, then, aren't you? Listen. I've got an idea for you. I heard you were using excannons. Replace the excannon with a flaregun, switch over perks to burn damage. You'll be doing 700+ damage per shot after that.

2. Earel

Earel Active Member

"SHOOTER CANNOT BEAT Any SINGLE BOAT 1 VS 1 "(c) Say it's to Banderas or American Marauder )))) lol

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Jeezus. Guys, there some boats designed to duel, there are some boats that are just not. And shooters are not duellists, they are damage dealers. Enfo needs love, so does defender. And the second-last update made me quit fixer(though I still play fixer on my second account, love that ship). Shooters and speeders are WELL-BALANCED, and do what they're designed to do perfectly. I mean, you gotta be kidding me if shooters have too much armour. I delete shooters in three passes, healer or no healer. Shooters need to be smart and resourceful, speeders need to be able to think on the fly, enforcers need to hold chokepoints, defenders need to know when to rush and when not to, and fixers need to, well, predict the future.

4. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Really good way to sum it up. Everyone should match up with the boats according to their individual play style. Figure out the best one and focus on that. Playing with multiple boats is good too and selecting the one closest to your preferred play style is the best way to have some fun.

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

1) Actually, he was the one who was ‘technically’ outmatched. His only defensive item is a t1 epic bandage. Both my weapons are a tier above that. It doesn’t matter which boat I’m in, as you could do the same thing in any boat. My point was how much damage the shooter can absorb, and how long it takes to dish out with two weapons. If I put the same weapons on a mk5, or a Defender, would he have died any faster? No.

2) Not really, most ships in the game have around two weapons. Fixers have fewer for most of the game, defenders don’t get a 3rd until late game.

3) How is the explosive cannon weak? It’s almost the same damage as the Blast Cannon, which is supposed to be a powerful weapon.

4)Almost? Considering he could barely have made it any easer for me if he tried, I’m not sure ‘almost’ is good enough. He’s on his own, in the enemy spawn area, taking free hits and not fighting back... and he only ‘almost’ died? If that’s what it takes to get one to ‘almost’ die, then think about what it must take to really kill one.

It doesn’t require any skill on my part to float behind someone taking free hits. And it has nothing to do with my infamy (my team won that game anyway), it’s about the relative balance between ships.

People always bang on about how speeders have stun spam, and speeders can nitro etc... so I presented an example where I don’t even need yellow items, I don’t need skill... I’m just getting free hits. And yet still struggle (and fail) to bring down a ship that isn’t fighting back. Skill doesn’t really come into it. It’s just maths at that point, and the shooter (IMO) takes an unreasonable amount of time and shots to kill.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
    Earel and vis1234567899 like this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

Would you mind steering away from personal attacks? Just because I make a topic to discuss the shooter, does not mean I don’t listen, or that I expect to get to nightmare in a mk4, or any other derogatory comments. Perhaps I’m just interested in discussing a balanced game below mk5.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  7. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Then you must be doing something really, really wrong. For me shooters are the easiest to kill. They're slow, just like defender. And unlike defender they don't have godly hp. I can take down shooters in no time. Unlike fixer they can't heal themselves, unlike enforcer they can't shield themselves, unlike speeder they can't run away.

If you know how it's really easy to dodge all of their shots. Just pay attention to the waves and taking on shooters should be a piece of cake.

Defender on the other hand, their turrets are higher than shooters, So for a defender it's easier to shoot over the waves.

Before you go calling a ship overpowered, be sure to know its weaknesses first. Shooters are extremely easy to take down once you know their weaknesses.

8. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

This game is so simple that it makes people overthink. Wanna kill a shooter as a speeder? easy carry some burst or big hit weps. Blast cannon, ex cannon, frost torp. Shooter go boom boom. Don't wanna carry those weps, then go play another role or dont complain!

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

So you focusing on those attacks, rather than what i m trying to say. Btw i did say you were good, didn't realize that was personal attacks. I did say the reason how shooters aren't Overpowered as you think, instead of READING core argument, you caught the comment which was meant as joke, NICE!!!

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

You can watch the video that I posted. What am I doing wrong? I’m not taking any damage, I couldn’t possibly shoot any faster, I’m using powerful burst weapons. The shooter is still able to tank me (and he doesn’t even have a shield).

Okay, I’ll make you a deal. If you don’t post any personal attacks, I won’t focus on them :)

Shadow Moon! and Babablacksheep like this.
  11. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

Seriously ? a shooter nerf ? come on ...

They are fine.

El cactus and Babablacksheep like this.
  12. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

This straying way of topic as we are arguing over peoples view when views are made to be different. Maybe we should just get back to the main topic and make useful suggestions instead off
    Its not just ViscountSniffit but a lot of people. That is just one quote of the many i can use.
    Anyway people have different styles and find things harder and easier but personally i think shooters should reduce their defense points because it is a pain getting high damage with a carronade. Other ships like speeder and fixer are easily killed by carronade but a tier 1 epic carronade is off no use against someone with 30 defense. Defenders need defense points but really shooters only need to shoot, they have decent hp so should lose their defense points

Raj Das likes this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Exactly now just nerf shooters asap take away their defence points.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  14. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Just the point i was typing.
    I am used to a shooter and did not think defense was worth anything until i turned to speeder and my carronade kept on doing less damage to shooters, now i realize it needs a nerf. Maybe if we tried all the ships we can see what needs to be nerfed.
    Me myself am doing terrible as there seems to be a lot of mk5 shooters at lower levels which means i cant practice with my under powered mk3 speeder against other mk3s (as i have a mk4 shooter I am generally put with higher level ships). Fighting these mk5s made me realize that their defense was reducing my carronade damage big time.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
  15. Shadow Moon!

Actually the problem starts from mark4
    Shooter:
    1 - 0 - 2RR 1B - 0
    2 - 10 - 4RRR 1B - 5
    3 - 16 - 5RRR 2BB - 10
    4 - 22 - 6RRRR 3BB - 15
    5 - 29 - 7RRRRR 3BB - 20
    6 - 39 - 8RRRRR 4BBB -
    7 - 48 - 8RRRRR 4BBB -
    Where every other ships have 8 slot points in total shooters get 9 slot points in total so the viable solution would be to reduce the blue slot points let them keep the weapons but why the extra blue slot point?

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  16. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

Why reduce? with current ...most shooter mk6-7 have the same blue load out ...big shield / turbo / bandage or another shield (most).

no need to reduce. right now there is one shooter that is rank number 20 and his name is American Marauder and RNG baby lover at rank 22. There is 10 shooters that is in the top 50. So reducing it will cause less shooters to be in the top 100 rank.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

That is the point of the discussion to make it less popular so people start looking for different options.

18. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Right, but his point was, people clearly already ARE using different options. Personally, shooter is my only Mk5 ship, and I still use my speeder more often at Mk4. The extra hp and weapons are nice, but the only good that comes from them is that I end up being a sitting duck when focused, even with a lv 30 rare turbo and big shield. Shooters are well balanced. In theory, absolutely, they can crank out damage and destroy anything faster than other ships. In practice, the extra weapons are additional flexibility far more often than additional damage, and even when they're not a good speeder can dismantle shooters every time.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  19. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Just to be clear: as a rule, it's generally preferable to fire a weapon that's ready over waiting 5 seconds for one to cool down, as a shooter. Global cooldown is 2 seconds, so you'd still have 3 of weapon cooldown for the more reliable weapon even if you hail mary with a less reliable one. Sure, chances of it actually making contact may be slim, but it's not as if weapons have finite ammo, might as well take the shot and see what happens.

20. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Only thing that bugs me about shooter is the extra blue slot point. Why? Why?
    I die a little inside every time I see a 9k hp mk6 with two shields and turbo while my defender tops at measly 7.3k. But then again, those are always the ones from money league with tier V epics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.