1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - Rivalry Rule changes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Phalgun, 25 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. From the previous exploit changes debacle fiasco, there's no remorse for any mistakes Rovio creates upon their players; they are free to roll back, revoke, change, remove items, ban you ... based on the ToS, that the account you play belongs to them. They will not correct or alter accounts, you're better off applying for a refund for your latest purchases towards Guild Boosts.

2. Desirè

Desirè Member

I do not have to worry about this anymore as i will be in this guild from here on out. But for others its like they are imprisoned to a single guild even if the guild does not show effort or suffer the consquences of losing rival rewards for an entire week. Also i do not think this is a smart nor fair move for the ones kicked from a guild for whatever reason. The devs really need to rethink this situation and if a few exploiters are causing so much grief for the entire game maybe look at perma ban fir them?!.

3. Desirè

Desirè Member

Apple terms of service and their own does not allow them to roll back,take away, or cause a customer any sort of monetary loss when it comes to real money. They can take away any in game currency at any time. Hence the reimbursment of pearls on roll back

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

We run a multi-alliance Guild of 10+ guilds, so naturally as the higher level players we jumped to help the lower guilds on the quests. We weren't even exploiting anything as there were no rewards to claim, just pure effort and usage of Guild Boosts and pearls, the only reward we were looking for was to help others in getting theirs and achieve a higher board. Not only did we not get rewards for helping other guilds, we forfeited our end of season rewards based on this newest unknown / not communicated change.

5. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

It might be good to also look at the fact that the rule change really - only - affects rivalry rewards.
    It's not like all the hard work during the week is for nothing:
    Everyone still got all their tokens, spins, quest rewards. I am not trying to downplay impact - just to also not blow it out of proportion. That also means that boosts or pearls spent won't be given back as they helped you achieve the quests faster - it would not make a lot of sense.

Again - we are looking into the time buffer and update again soon.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  6. Desirè

Desirè Member

Lack of communication on this newest announcement is unreal. They tell us 3-4 hours before and make it retro. This is absurd on so many levels.

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Apple may not allow that, but clearly they've already done that; exploit or not. The whole fundamental concept of changing one's account was already broken, and Rovio has broken this "does not allow them to roll back or take away , or cause any sort of monetary loss" rule already this past update. My point was, if you lost money or effort, it's better to take it up with Apple or Google.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

This is just comical. So if we recruited a new person at the beginning of the last war and they helped us get to first place and are staying in our guild, they don't get the 42k reward. That is the cost of 12 spins + 1 bonus spin.

FloydTheDuck likes this.
  9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Please do not do this unless you can guarantee that this buffer time does not allow the very exploits that this measure was implemented against.

Whining forum people is a small price to pay for keeping the game fair. The only thing that would be an improvement is ingame information about the change (or is there already? I didn't see it)

A55A51N and Captain Gilligan like this.
  10. Desirè

Desirè Member

The 42k is a very important part of the rewards for your hard work and dedication. We been in our guild since day one and did from first quest to 48 but because we went back to my old guild we lost it? As i said.....keep the 42k but give me my miney back i spent on boost for this season.

11. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I'd like to see at least a day or so buffer added in at the start of a rivalry. I mean, there comes a day for just about everyone when it's time to change guilds for one reason or another, and completely neutering their ability to get rivalry rewards because of it seems a bit unfair. I can understand and appreciate the motivation here, but it seems a bit overboard to zero out the biggest chunk of guild tokens with zero wiggle room.

12. lakshya

lakshya Member

We welcomed your Roll back and token negative as it was completely a good decision. (Only the fixings was implemented late).
    Now now it's like an another shock to more players than the roll backs given. Many of genuine players also got involved in this.
    Think yourself:
    What'll happen if someone is kicked from guild?
    What'll happen if someone comes active a little late in battle bay?
    What'll happen if the guild is full and they are adding some players to another guild?
    What'll happen if someone was not in any guild before and he joined a new guild little late?
    What'll happen if player got irritated from current guild and he wanna joins new one?
    Obviously, ur answer will be like they will still get all board tokens but why the hell we didn't want rivarly rewards too even we are at third position????
    Guilds are not a permanent station. Their are still chances that some players may get kicked/left/shifted. We are not active in game 24/7 (even not everyday).
    And it's obvious too that admin of guild will kick if he sees less contribution of us. (Just becoz we were busy in our work).
    Apart from these problems/sufferings, what the rule got implementation in current season? It's like we get getting punishment of things that we have done before rule?!
    Do u guys think, all are exploiters whoevr come to a new guild incase?
    Hope! I will get some logical answers.
    Thanks.

Kadir Sayyed likes this.
  13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

42k doesn't seem like a lot to you because you completed 4 boards. But what about the newer players that can't do enough damage to even complete 2 boards consistently? They are the ones getting screwed.

14. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Can you please reply as to my situation. I switched guilds to show my friend a replay. You have to be in the same guild to see. How are you guys going to fix this? You guys don't have a button to turn boosts off. If i knew you guys were going to do this, would i still use boosts? Grim reaper you forget the reason people use boosts in the first place... it is to WIN the rivalry!

15. Desirè

Desirè Member

They are allowed to change/add/take away any in game currency such as tokens gold sugar parts or weapons but now they are causing a monetary loss of the money i spent on boost.

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Apparently not, based on the last update and exploit patch, they didn't even fathom these questions and even more fundamentally basic ones.

Akhil and Maulik MK like this.
  17. Desirè

Desirè Member

Im not even concerned about the 42k but i am concerned about the boost i spent and money on boost to reach board 5

Akhil and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  18. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair, don't downplay the impact as well specially for the F2P players and moderate spenders, 42k tokens is a lot of spins and a lot of potential much needed rewards for players. the point is, my friend, a lot players feel cheated out of honestly exerted effort to get that reward. And i don't agree with your logic on not giving back the pearls spent for boosts... the players who did that had every intention of collecting the rivalry reward which went kapootz with the sudden rule change. to be clear, personally, i support this new rule, but the timing of the effect of its implementation is just... bad, really bad.

D3X, FloydTheDuck and behumble like this.
  19. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

I wasn't even leaving my guild, got kicked as my infamy was too low and now i don't get the rivalry reward. Have worked for the quests at both guilds and didn't get any rival rewards. How is this fair?

D3X likes this.
  20. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I think both are important. It's both money for the boost & the effort put into completing boards and deserved reward as the outcome. Which is all wasted.

Zusay, behumble and Desirè like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.