1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - Rivalry Rule changes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Phalgun, 25 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

This is a huge screw up. Rovio needs to stop worrying about a few people exploiting when 99% of people are playing fair.

Evilchicken235 and bulumi like this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

You guys know how you can only share replays with your guild. Well some people leave and create guilds just to share replays with friends. Now they have to miss rivalry rewards to do so. COME ON!

3. Hubaaa

Hubaaa New Member

Same with me..

Zaza likes this.
  4. Ckim

Ckim Member

Well I moved guild once and I still don’t get 42k rewards after spending over 100 - 5 boosts to finish guild quests.
    Thanks for the heads up battlebay for punishing players for rules that never existed.
    It feels like a horrible patch, when the devs/PM could have realized that people move guilds for numerous reasons and grant at least one moving opportunity like how they restricted duplicate rewards for guild boards.

Gosh I love the game, but the lack of communication almost feels like a conspiracy government.

5. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Just to clarify to everyone:
    We decided it was necessary to change the rules immediately before the rivalry ended, as the old rules were already actively being exploited. Otherwise, the exploiters would have gained considerable unfair benefits.

I personally understand it is frustrating for some players - we as a team felt it was a "necessary evil" to guarantee fair play.

Rules changes in general are not going to be to everyone's liking - we are aware of that. The rule change will remain as communicated.

Captain Gilligan, Ultrah and Miathan like this.
  6. Ckim

Ckim Member

Why not rollback for those who did and reward others who didn’t do it? You did it once, second time is always easier.

7. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

Yeah.. serious lack of communication
    The games fun is being taken away with frustrating things like this once in a while :(

Princess sarah94 likes this.
  8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You should ask for feedback before updating. The lack of communication and testing is unreal.

Princess sarah94 and behumble like this.
  9. bulumi

bulumi New Member

Admin,
    "Necessary evil" is not even a good excuse for all the time we spend on the game this week. Or do you not care about people who is low in infamy or free players?
    It is simply barbaric for a major game company. Not even the government implement rules immediately.

10. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Dev team, do you know how many pearls 5x boost costs? 100 for 3 thats right. Please go compensate me for how many i used. Apart from that no problem if you wanna keep the new ruling. I'll just ask this directly to support. But others should do the same.

Princess sarah94, Zinwood and Desirè like this.
  11. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Thing is, if it wasn’t, then that’s another exploit right there. People would intentionally be kicked and the exploit wouldn’t be fixed. It’s rough, but so are the waters right now.

Princess sarah94 likes this.
  12. bulumi

bulumi New Member

We would like to state it again. For low ranked guild and players, 42000 makes huge difference.
    Please do not speak like a god from high ground.

Proficient Gaming likes this.
  13. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

Its better to let a guilty go rather than punishing an innocent you know.. being in such high positions with such power I’m sad you don’t know this :(

Princess sarah94 and Zinwood like this.
  14. aaazzzaaa

aaazzzaaa New Member

@The Grim Repair, how about for example..wat i will create a new guild just for myself..will i get rival with other guild or not?even rivalry season started?.
    how can i contact for player support?

15. aaazzzaaa

aaazzzaaa New Member

addition to my post, can you add time for us to finalize the roster of the guild because we need to recruit new guild members who are active before rivalry season start. As what i observed there is no time between post season and pre season of rivalry

16. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I get this but unless I misunderstand it. Anyone switching guilds EVER, will be penalized. I am ok with the concept of the rule and if I want to leave my guild, I should wait for the rivalry to be over. I get that. But if I switch guilds the next day the rule reads that I will not get that next week's reward because I was not in the new guild at the start of the rivalry. Could you put a little slack in there? Be a member of the guild BEFORE the completion of board 1? Or you need some sort of cooldown between start of rivalries.

What happens if I leave my guild for a few hours and then come back. Probably zero rivalry reward.

Can Rovio just have a timer that says you can collect rivalry rewards if you were in the guild for 5 days? Or like 75%.

Or another idea is to have rewards be halved if you leave.

Just please don't make it any harder for me to recruit players than it already is!

Edit: @The Grim Repair Ok just saw the closed thread which pointed out the real issue. When a new guild is created, it is placed at the bottom of the pile! So, the exploit to be prevented is to start a new guild and get 42k each time easy. It seems to be the correct fix would be to change pole position based on total infamy or matches played or something. This would allow some slack to be added into this new rule!

Last edited: 25 Oct 2017
    Zinwood and Evilchicken235 like this.
  17. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Once again Rovio blaming players for their own mistakes, even kids could’ve thought about this “exploit”. Fair players should never be punished, no such thing as necessary evil when money is put into your pockets. Please try to do a better job, trust and faith isn’t easily restored after so many let downs.

18. Shimmer&shine

Shimmer&shine New Member

What happened. Today is a total unjust ! I switch guild once and i dont get a thing ! And i was not exploiting! Thumbs down this time this action was so bad ! Not even a fair punishment what if i was kicked of my guild ! I dont recieve any rewards too !? That was a stuped move you could limit it to a one time changing guild allowed per season !? Like really i need a compensation that 42 k that i could have won would really do me good but no rovio decided tp punish players over night !

Brendo Lucas likes this.
  19. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

We are considering a buffer time between rivalries - can't make any promises yet though - but feedback is heard.

I'll update everyone again tomorrow.

As always: Please adhere to the simple rules of being constructive and friendly. ​

20. Subject89P13

Subject89P13 Member

Seriously , What is Wrong with Devs ? ?
    Its Okay to Take Action against Exploit But I got Kicked from the Guild 3 days Before Rivalry was Going to end and I got Accepted into New Guild and I lose the Reward too

I didnt want to Leave the Guild I got Kicked
    By the Way Just Saying this So that No other player gets Affected Because of Devs Careless Actions

And Seriously I dont care about Tokens I have Lost my Interest in This Game and If this kind of unfair things keep on happening I wont Waste my Time On this Game

Happy to Leave it Anyday Not that much Addicted

*Rubber Duck* likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.