1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Plagued by hackers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SeannyLong, 17 May 2017.

1. SeannyLong

SeannyLong New Member

Players with infinite nitros, rare cannons doing 300+ damage per hit, no cooldowns on item usage, the list goes on...

I wanted to take this game seriously in a competitive sense, however, an increasing number of cheaters is preventing me from even wanting to play casually. Are there any plans to fix these problems?

What type of nonsense have you all witnessed so far? It seems as if the only thing I've yet to see is a god mode of some sort.

A-ghost likes this.
  2. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I've never seen a hack for this game myself. Could it be they are using duplicate items so they have no reload time?
    And high level weapons do 300+ damage per hit easy and that's not even a critical hit!

3. SeannyLong

SeannyLong New Member

My last match with a hacker happened to be with a player on my team. He was using an Enforcer mk.2 which didn't have cololdwns on any of his equipped gear. He went from one side of the map to the other on one continuous burst, and after dying and being able to spectate, I was able to confirm that he was indeed cheating.

4. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

You may be right I'm not trying to argue but to me That sounds like it was probably overboost being used continually (only takes around 1.5-2 seconds before you can use it again so it looks consistent)

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Not the case.

6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

7. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I saw a little mk3 shooter once, faster than any speeder I've ever seen. That was a while back though..

8. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Pretty pointless. If you notice he hacked the client and it had no effect on the server. All of the extra shots did no damage. So not really an issue from another persons end.

To the original poster. I've not seen a lot hacking. There are a lot of players using overpowered weapons for their infamy level but that is not the same thing. Please don't blame your losses on hacking.

The only one I've seen in thousands of games was a speed hack twice and it was mostly ineffectual. The person doing it was either goofing around or moving too fast to target with a weapon so they did no damage and just served as a decoy. I won't link it but there is a post in the support section with a video of exactly what it looked like if you really want to know.

Last edited: 17 May 2017
  9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

What about this one?

Rovio knows about this and can detect the Hack, not sure why they just don't announce it and say...
    You will be perma-banned if caught using it.

Last edited: 17 May 2017
  10. Diziedix

Diziedix New Member

Just saw speedhacker last game. His name was Maati.Virtus or something like that. Very well controller speed hack where he kept running around us in big circle and kept speeding if he got hit. If he took too much damage he vent away and healed with bandage. I hope devs know that these guys are out there. And no, it's not lag. When the game starts 2 sec later he comes next to us and shoots.

kiss77, Ewouna and D3X like this.
  11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yep, contact a DEV via Private message and provide details on the name of the account. Thanks.

12. Diziedix

Diziedix New Member

Thanks for tip, trying that next time. Can't remember the name now and no way to view last matches.

13. IT_Xaumby

IT_Xaumby Member

In 516 battles I haven't seen a single hacker. Is it only in the low infamy ratings that these guys appear? I know coming up against people with Legendary and highly leveled Epics can definitely feel like they're hackers but it's just what happens when luck mixes with money.

14. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

There no hackers due to the progress save online and the fool literally opening a door to their's account to information stolen

15. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

Another name to check out is RN_7 speed hack as well

16. Diziedix

Diziedix New Member

In 400 low infamy games I have seen speed 2 hackers so they are not THAT common. They clearly can't hack high cause people are more serious about their infamy and would report them much faster. And I can clearly see you haven't seen any hackers as you compare them to guys with legendary items. Even if you had 3 legendary nitro's that stack and had no cooldown your movement wouldn't be the same as these guys.

17. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Hackers wouldnt be common but I have an idea record each battle to find one and post it on this forum so the moderator could see it

18. Diziedix

Diziedix New Member

Wish there was some replay system for that. Can't really bother having some recording app ready as long as they are in 0,5% of games. I'm just happy if the devs are aware that this game can be hacked.

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I think there is a lot less soft launch or even global release players wanting to use the MOD and run the risk of losing their long running accounts. Most of the MODS/hack/cheat/exploits are used on brand new accounts (less than 200 battles) with new users willing to take the risk.

20. Diziedix

Diziedix New Member

Here is a video what it looks like. Now everyone with "most likely legendary items or lag" can see what we mean.