1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.1 "Fleet up!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 20 Apr 2017.

1. Emilia

Emilia Member

So @Felipowski, you are complaining that you have to fight higher up levels but then want to force that upon others below you. Sounds a little contradictory

Sifa and Felipowski like this.
  2. Felipowski

Felipowski New Member

Business Man
    I do not want to play lower levels. I said that I tried to fleet up with a friend of mine, but his infamy it is to low. And I got the message of blocking.
    What I am putting in discussion is why the Devs dont put the same lock for the matchmaking. Sorry for the confusion

3. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Welp @Felipowski, the fleet thing just make the situation of what you say happen more (in my opinion so far from my game experience). Some people with high infamy would just match up with another high infamy player, causing the rest of the team to be really weak (to supposingly balance out the high infamy players).

So far, nice update! Enjoyed it a lot more, and I'll post more feedback when I play more. ;)

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Some early comments on this mostly positive update:
    - Teaming up is a great addition to the game.
    - The new map seems fun & very different from most of the old ones, nice job!
    - A more flat season reward structure also seems like a good idea.
    - The old pearl price for parts was absurd, its still heavily overpriced but atleast you will cry less if you missclick now.
    - Interesting to follow what your long term buisness plan ends up looking like, the addition of a 2nd subcription was a surprise (although I guess 20% faster leveling speed is hardly groundbreaking, so no big deal).
    - Too early to tell if the nerfs & buffs to part acquisition ends up being better or worse, time will tell :)

One thing you forgot to mention in the patchnotes:
    - Daily bonus box now rewards significantly less parts (On lvl 27 it went from 9 blue parts pr game to 3 pr game).

5. kylek33

kylek33 Member

It's all about the mäti in Finland :D

6. SaltBae

SaltBae New Member

Nice update! got the play with friends function we all wanted! :D

7. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

8. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Hi I just want you devs to correct the friends with friend since its only a 2 man party including you and your FRIEND.

9. Méndigo

Méndigo Member

how good!! I loved how new the update brought. I hope we can join more friends and not just a single friend. And I wish there was a voice chat during the battle. I commend the developers for this update.Just one question: what are the sneaky corners?

10. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

you can place mines. and there is a lot in the new map.

Méndigo likes this.
  11. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

Good job devs I must say! Thx for your efforts. ^_^

12. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

hi Devs,

just like to give my initial impressions on the latest update:

1) damage depot: nice map but not so different from "the foundry", but its faster coz we can see the unfriends sooner... capture in this map is gonna be really tough to do. bad for shooters though coz its mortar friendly and the slow boats don't have much of a hiding space to get behind. nice map nonetheless. :)

2) VIP subscription: personally, i don't find it appealing, i'd rather use the money on the pearl diver... i actually appreciate the ads coz it somehow keeps me updated on new games out there... reduced training time does not really matter much... put in an exclusive VIP shop though (more and better variety of selections) then that would help a lot, or give VIP subscribers free boxes with cool stuff (maybe less than a premium box but more than an uncommon box). no free pearls?!? come on, don't be so stingy :) you may also want to consider making the VIP a 1-time payment offer with the following changes: VIP levels, higher levels unlock new exclusive features, you can level up your VIP status via pearl purchases or other forms of top-ups, or special achievements. Give VIPs exclusive access to custom color schemes, decals, etc. (you guys can earn a lot of pearls from this, so it's win-win)

3) Fleet up: awesome new feature!!! the green arrow indicator is also nice so u always know where your partner is, if you can add special commands for your fleet up buddy that would be even better. some other features you might want to consider: include HP meter of your buddy (below the green arrow) so you can track your buddy's status when you are not near each other, allow player to see who your buddy is targetting (need lock-on), (probably best to put below the green arrow again), and maybe include a proximity meter as well (you'll probably need a fleet-up hud display haha). last but not the least, many might not agree with me on this but i feel like it would be more appropriate if you can fleet-up with guild mates only and/or chat friends. (VIPs can fleet-up with anybody provided they send the invite).

Cheers!

Felipowski likes this.
  13. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Thanks for the new update:)

14. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

As usual, the devs don't listen to what players want.

We wanted to play with my friends -> Now all my friends are already are playing with their friends. I want to play with Blacktail!! It's my turn!!! What about me?!?!
    We wanted more common pieces in the store for evolving -> Now I have thousands of common pieces and all my stuff is evolved. I do not have enough items to spend them on! Get it right for Pete's sake!!!
    We wanted deterrents to infamy manipulators -> Now we all get a legendary piece in Nightmare league so it's not worth dropping infamy at all. Problem is, I don't feel like a special snowflake anymore...

As usual stoopid Devs just want to make money from me. Greedy trolls. Pay to win! Blah blah blah...

jk jk jk of course. Fantastic additions and cheers all around. :D

HELLRAZOR and SirojPr like this.
  15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I still have the game crashing after every match, bonus or not. Samsung Note 4

16. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

So far I like this new update very very much. And just a small suggestion: if the premium box can be obtained by 50 stars, it will be awesome.

17. !EAGLE!

!EAGLE! New Member

Thanks for the great update devs! :)

18. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Good feedback and improvement ideas everyone, keep em coming!

We are actually not allowed to do that. Apple's rules for subcriptions prohibit giving any consumables (i.e. Pearls) from subscriptions. Otherwise we might have just bundled the pearl diver into the VIP also.

19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

@Miika,

wow Really? i didn't know that... (i don't use apple)... anyways, there are still other options to consider to beef up the vip benefits/perks... just giving my thoughts on it...

cheers!

20. Thunder Sword

Thunder Sword New Member

Not all Vietnamese character are used correctly.Eg ư,ơ...