1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for battling with noobs, tankers, clubbers on your team

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by _devill, 8 Oct 2017.

1. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

What would you do if you were me?:p

Hi everyone. Just had a really annoying and frustrating morning on the bay. It started with a battle on 2100+ infamy and it's been going on since then. My win ratio is dropping below 50% and it's too much hard work to carry my team mates who seem to do their own thing. I play with a mk5 speeder. My weapons are rare standard and EC t4 max. Plus bandage and turbo with a Tesla bolt and 2OB. Anyway even though my gear is good it seems I'm not as effective due to lack of support. I had some battles where I took early damage and had to hold back. And some battles where my team were planning on a vacation somewhere in chill zone (I hope I get an invitation cos I was too busy being target practice:D).

I guess that was what held them back and not attack when unfriends had a fixer on their team. Maybe planning some great move behind the wall. I wouldn't know and whatever it was didn't work out. No hard feelings guys. Shit happens and anyway it's only a speeder right? Who needs them. Low hp, no mortars, running around trying to distract unfriends.

I read a thread where a fixer had dropped 800+ infamy and was really upset that no matter how much effort was put in, it was a dead end. I'm on my way to the same situation I guess. I haven't dropped much, yet(close to 300 :().

I'm not going to say my team wasn't doing anything all the time. Some of the battles were so good (1 in 5) that I was actually thinking this is it. Time to rise up again. Sadly it's not the time.

So a humble request to everyone, please share any suggestions, any tips on how to make the noobs work together or at least point out the obvious battle strategies like what to do when there is a fixer on your or unfriends team. Or when unfriends are running with double fixers try to keep them separated or flank them or at least help that little speeder that's doing the flanking alone by focusing your fire and not shoot at anything and everything that moves. If a shooter has 1000hp left don't switch to fixers and if a speeders calls out together help while charging the unfriends try and keep them occupied. I tried offense, defence, support, offence and support, defense and support, offence defence and support but nothing seems to work.

I could start sending friend requests to every noob on my team and share a few basic strategies. I'll spend all day on chats that way. Fun.:cool:

If it's hopeless then maybe some other games that are fun as well so I can finish this season in peace.:)

P.S. Not going to talk about infamy tankers or clubbers. No hope there.

2. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

You will always get people doing their own thing as u cant communicate actual commands to others. Also some of the guys probably want u to do all the work and then finish off the enemy with carronades and napalm, so part of your problem is due to guild quests.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
  3. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

My biggest suggestion is to try and fleet with someone who understands the game as you do. A lot of times I see my team not attacking against a team with a fixer when we have none and as a speeder it is definatly frustrating. When all unfriendliness are packed together it is tough to dodge in and attack and run away. I typically spam some torpedos and try and stun ad many unfriendliness as possible before my team figures out their healer is doing their job. Once they start moving in then I start sneaking around doing damage.
    I have also noticed as a speeder there are just some times where I am not going to do damage and just focus on stunning unfriendliness especially when I am on the team with a healer and am outnumbered on the speeder front.
    Lastly I say this if you feel yourself tilting put the game down and pick it up later. When the game gets frustrating it is usually time to take a mini break. Even 15 min can make a difference.

Captain Gilligan and _devill like this.
  4. _devill

Thank you Wymtime for the suggestion. I really feel like you do know what goes on with stupid teammates (not all of them) and when you are a speeder you definitely have your work cut out for you. I will definitely take your suggestion and take a pause whenever I feel like i'm losing my cool.:)
    I had tried stunning the opponents when they have a fixer but it's really hard to get my team out of their hiding hole sometimes. They just stay there lobbing mortars from distance. :(
    Still that suggestion with speeders on unfriends and you having a fixer, I never tried that before. I usually flank from sides and return to my fixer for healing. Will definitely try this out. Thanks a million.:D

Wymtime likes this.
  5. _devill

Sorry, I will not blame guild quests as a problem. It was not what developers had in mind when they added this feature in the last update. Guild quests were meant for players to work together as a team not only in battles but all the time. Team play is the only factor which is important to actually enjoy this game. :)

Also regarding having actual commands, I am sure that the little console at the bottom right is all you actually need to communicate. Its so simple and concise that it actually works for almost all situations. The actual problem I was facing was that my team mates were not working together and it was hard to actually convince most of them to help me. Its not that bad out in the bay. Its not the game or its features that are flawed, its the players. No one told us to use low level ships for completing guild quests. Level them up and then use them. I'm doing the same with my enforcer. If i want to, i can take my mk3 enforcer into battle. No one will stop me but its disrespectful to your team mates who are out with their best weapons and boats to help you win.:(

A speeder alone is as good a no ship. Speeders advantage is only when in 1v1 where escape is as easy as stunning your opponent and running away. When you see yourself out there alone its curtains for you. And the end is not quick as speeders have a lot of speed and avoid a lot of shots. Its just sad if the some of the players think a speeder is invincible. If that was the case I would not need any team mates at all.:D

Still i do what i do best. Run around and distract. Stay close and help out. Go in and kill that one weak ship. Help when someone calls for it even though it means you will be destroyed (from experience, in some situations its better too have a shooter stay alive than a speeder). All i do is battle on!!!:p

6. vis1234567899

Yes there will always be those who do not battle as they want others to do it for them. The most stupid thing is when u have 4 kills and die, then they start moving after everyone is dead. There are always people who spoil the game just for their own benefit. Just live with it and u are right for guild quests; there is no point in me going in with a mk1 enforcer, speeder, or fixer. I can get them higher but i dont use any green or yellow items so i don't rank up. 1 speeder vs 1 shooter is tight as i often find the speeder going in circeles. Unfortunately they go so fast they go straight into my mortar shots lol

_devill likes this.
  7. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Also if you ever want to fleet let me know. Right now I am around 2100 infamy and 2 speeders are always better than 1!!

Elena Kr and _devill like this.
  8. vis1234567899

Yes we can fleet if I ever reach 2000 infamy. My top is only 1100 and these days i am more focused on getting better items than winning so am stuck at 600. Any tips are welcome. I use shooter or defender. Add me as a friend. I am vis1234567899 in game

9. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

I have already said this: I hate it, when the game rewards this play style. Isn't it fun, after you and 3 teammates were gone west, to watch the fourth guy which was hiding behind an obstacle the whole game, effectively standing still and firing some mortars now and then? Afterwards he will also get the most rewards, because he did stay the longest in the game and his area damage with his stupid mortars summed up to be the maximum in your team. Congrats for the one star!

I think Rovio could prevent this situation, by valuating DPS more than overall damage done. After all, a shooter is there to dish out some damage and not to hide behind a wall.

_devill likes this.
  10. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I have come to understand that you can try like hell to make your team play together, but it’s so much easier just to play with your team. As in if you’re rushing in and being cannon fodder while your team is off doing nothing, you messed up and shoulda stayed with the team a while longer. It’s all about whose point of view you look at it from. So basically just try to stick together. Even with one or two boats if you have to. And I understand with speeder you’re supposed to be a ‘solo artist’ but you’ll win more if you’re patient and attack with the team.

_devill and Captain Gilligan like this.
  11. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I think part of the learning experience in this game is being able to adapt to each game.You can't rely on the same strategy doggedly in every game. You have to adapt to the circumstances. For example, in one game you may be the highest MK with the best weapons and in the next you may be the lowest. You need to adapt to the circumstance and your strategy needs to be different accordingly. Another example, 2-3 team mates may not have a good strategy and you will want to do your own thing but that is worse than just sucking it up and helping your teammates with the bad strategy. What if one teammate is charging at a bad time and may lose the game for you? Could you help him enough to win the game regardless or are you better off letting him die? These are the split second decisions you will need to make correctly to become better at this game and reach higher infamy.

This is also what makes the game fun as no two games are the same.

_devill and Captain Gilligan like this.
  12. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    A lot of good suggestions have been mentioned here!

-adapt to your teams stradegies, even if that means joining that speeder who runs in and dies immediately. You could sit back and hate on those kind of teamates, OR you could take as much advantage as possible, maybe you can take an enemy down before that speeder dies, then run back and stay together!
    - It goes without saying that speed is the speeders greatest advantage, but it's also it's greatest disadvantage when not used properly. Ever speeder NEEDS to learn when to run in and when to stay back

One of the biggest changes I made in my play style was to ALWAYS BE ALERT. Stare at the enemy and how they are moving, WAIT until they are focused on one of the other players, then run in and take your shot when they don't see it coming

I would say more but it's the end of my break :p

_devill likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I agree. Another idea would be to weight damage by how early it comes. Early damage is nearly always better, because it puts your team ahead for the rest of the game. It’s also much harder to do, because all 5 unfriends will be waiting to punish anyone who can draw a line of sight.

Later in the game it’s easy to do big damage. If it’s just you versus 4 unfriends, then people will charge straight into you, because they know you’re done for.

That’s why the worst players are often the ones getting the biggest damage. Then they can’t understand why their team keeps losing.

14. vis1234567899

true but then u will end up with teammates all on speeders trying to get to the enemy as fast as possible

15. _devill

I definitely want to do that most of the time considering sometimes it actually works great. Chances of success are minimal but I guess it will work with a lot of games where unfriends are laying low at start.:)

I'm trying to learn as I win and lose battles. Sometimes I do something stupid and sometimes I'm in the right place at the right time. :oops:

I recently switched to rare sniper. I guess it's good for start off as my team always starts from a distance taking pot shots. I had to scrap my rare t4 standard cannon in the process but I guess I do like the sniper crits and the range. Cool down time for both my weapons is awful as my secondary is EC so I get a lot of time to move around and not take shots every 5 seconds.:)

16. vis1234567899

yes i tried out sniper cannon but i am with the low damage when compared to blast cannon.

17. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Actually,Sniper does the least damage among cannons.

18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bro, I didnt ask your infamy, pls tell?

19. vis1234567899

at the moment i am at 800 due to my failure speeder test but i should be at 1100
    Also i used to have rare tier 3 blast cannon but i scrapped it when i did not need it so now all i have is a rare tier one sniper which does only 190 damage which is kind of weak compared to my 900 big berthas
    That is why i need help as i can probably get higher but dont know what weapons are best

Last edited: 22 Oct 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wow tho. Scrapped a rare t3. I earn my bread in the 1300-1400s with dat beast. Wait, wait... Did u not retrain Bhurt for blast cannons? U know, my blast cannon does damage in the 500s under normal conditions, but in the upper 700s if my target is burning. Listen, look into @P0rthos ' channel for his Blacktail week videos. It'll teach you a lot. I've watched them like 6 times so far, and there's always something new to pick up.

_devill likes this.