1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What tips do you have for players facing stronger opponents?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by - ZeroFactor -, 20 Oct 2017.

1. - ZeroFactor -

- ZeroFactor - New Member

Finally made it to 1000 infamy! Pretty happy of my achivement considering im almost always up against mk4’s and 5’s with tier 3 and 4 rares.
    Currently playing speeder/fixer, and although the shooter is dominating the metagame, I don’t like the linear playstyle that comes with it

Just wanted to ask those who have been in my situation;
    what tips do you have when fighting against higher level opponents? Many times I will be singled out by the enemy team due to low HP making me look like a free kill and there is nothing I can really do about it. My guns do pitiful amounts of damage and my healing struggles to keep up with the insane damage output shooters have.

Would be thankful for any advice ^^

edit: seems i posted this in the wrong subforum

Attached Files:

Last edited: 20 Oct 2017
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Don’t rage, keep playing. Get better, patience is key.

Miathan likes this.
  3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

No matter the level you will always face someone better than you.

1. Keep cool.
    2. Follow the best player on your team. Infamy is the best indication of this.
    3. Attack who they attack.
    4. If they are charging. Follow them.
    5. If they are staying back. Stay back.
    6. Protect their flank.
    7. Stay cool. Repeated.
    8. Don't miss shots. Ever. See each time you fire hit unfriend boat. This makes the most out of your limited h.p.
    9. Have damage based weapons on your boat. Some cannon of any flavor u can always hit someone with.
    10. Have fun. Rome wasn't built in a day. The climb from 1000 to 4000 can take a year or it can take 5 months. Soooo, have fun And enjoy the journey

*JAWS*

Riddlerpaji, Sewah, Wishaal and 2 others like this.
  4. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I played my brother's ship for a while and with mk2 shooter I went from 200 infamy to 600 infamy with rare lvl 5 loadout(not tier). So competition is fierce I know but I can still sink mk4 ships with my mk2 ship most of the time. Leading the shot, always moving and always staying behind the best player in the team helps. Most important thing is to know the map you are playing on and having played nearly 6k games on my account helped a lot.

5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

After 350 games you made it to 1k,that's quite good considering the current state of game where i once faced a mk5 at 300 infamy in my secondary account.. Keep fighting, your choice of speeders from beginning is the best decision (Speeder owns bay after MK5)

- ZeroFactor - and Zerolive like this.
  6. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

As a ftp nightmare league mk5 fixer, I definitely know what its like to face crazy strong opponents.
    However, fixer is definitely played differently then other ships, so I am not sure i can be much help to speeder.
    @Ian92999 is the best ftp speeder i know facing the big guys at 3500+ infamy

Best way to face higher lvl opponents is learn when to run, when to push, when to defend, when to dance, when to camp, when to admit defeat. Its all about timing, and its about understanding the ships youre playing against and their qualities. You arent going to have the same approach to a battle against defenders, shooters, and a fixer as a battle against one shooter, 3 speeders, and an enforcer. Same with map, weapons your team has, where you were placed on the map, opponents weapons, etc.

Also, many, many times your team will let you down. So try not to have too high of expectations. If you feel like you did really good a battle, you probably did, but doesnt mean ur team was with you in how you were playing. Play with the team. Period. :D
    And try not to die too fast ;)

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Speeder and fixer are both excellent ships to push your infamy higher than most people of your level, if you're good with them. The best tip for facing stronger opponents was already posted:

That's it. Many people are annoyed or even angry when they face higher ships or stronger weapons. Don't be. You should feel honored, if anything, that you get to play with the big guys because appearently you're too good to be matched with people of your own level. So stay positive and play normally, and you'll see that it's possible to rise even higher.