1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Support the Newbies

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by GuruM, 14 Oct 2017.

1. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I don't know when I started playing but my account hasn't got 6k battle yet. I have tier I epic yellow items (all of them) and all my gears are tier III rare. I have got tier II epic blast cannon and thats all. I am playing mk5 shooter, speeder and enforcer (all mk5) depending upon my mood but I hover around 2k infamy with those gears and weapons. I believe game has got a lot more competitive because I reached 2556 infamy with mk4 speeder 2 months ago. Now I am at 2k infamy. Bottom line is, you should be able to get to 1500+ with tier III rares (with speeder). You can check my weapons and gears from my player tag i.e. #RZFGGCGV

2. Zerolive

Yeah that is my boat. And believe me tier II rare beats tier I epic. Some of them are level 8,9 and one nitro is level 1 epic. I got to mk5 just couple weeks ago. As for 1600 infamy, I was trying out shooter mk5 and realized that I suck at playing shooter and switched back to speeder. I play torpedo or mine which is high risk high reward and I am good at it I think.

3. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

your items are still weak... if you really want to improve your infamy, i suggest you focus on 1 boat that (your best boat or your favorite) on focus all your upgrade resources on that boat. simultaneously upgrading 3 boats is the reason you are stuck in that level... your items are not strong enough yet... just my thoughts.... good luck

_devill and Zerolive like this.
  4. Zerolive

Thanks for your suggestion. I will take a note of that. But the reason I upgraded shooter is due to speeder nerf and enforcer because I suck at shooter. I know now that speeder is my jam and I plan on pushing as soon as I get my gears ready.:):)

5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Don't forget that all you need to get high mks are time and sugar.
    Mk DOESN'T EQUAL SKILL.
    The 1000-2000 is now mk5's domain.
    We "millinails of the game (global launch) are getting mk5s, and not because we're good. THAT is why you see so many mk5s so low.

P.S. I didn't read the whole thread, so... yeah.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  6. yellowocean

ah oh well, we never know what the devs are thinking, they might buff the speeder back up one of these days... the meta will change as the devs deem it necessary so just stick to what best suits you and you'll do fine... also try to review your inventory as well... i was a hardcore speeder from mk3 to mk5 but i kept getting items more suited for shooter to the point that my shooter was far better than my speeder's setup already. So i decided to switch and focus on my shooter and have never looked back ever since... but the speeder is super fun specially with twin nitros :)

7. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

I guess it's just different for each player. I am currently in the Nightmare league, but my journey there was different then everyone else, my gear was always subpar, and my boats were definitely always under classed.

I got to 2700 with a mk3 fixer that had a t2 epic pulse and t2 epic box.
    I got to 3500 with a mk4 fixer with t2 epic pulse and t2 epic box
    I got to 4000 with a mk5 fixer with t3 epic pulse and 2 t2 epic boxes.
    It was so much harder climbing at 1000-3500 infamy then it was when you got higher. The reason for that was that there are numerous players who just do random shit at lower infamy, you still get some of those at higher infamies but it is lessened, it's a different game higher up.

8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

They're about equal; roughly the same power and both have 2 perk slots.

Nope, you've summed it up nicely. Economy 101, this is inflation in action.

And with the ability to buy pearls, gear doesn't equal skill either. ;)

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Your OB is probably better than mine, your turbo is definitely better than mine, and you’ve got way more hp and a t3 bandage.

I might edge you out on the Blast Cannon, but I’m probably not as far along on Bhurt training, so it’s hard to say. It currently hits for just over 500. And admittedly my Blast Cannon is awesome, but it’s the only t3 I have. If both my weapons were that good, I’d kick so much ass.

I recently got my exploding cannon up to ~380 which is okay, but not wonderful (especially without any good perks).

Anyway, I don’t really want to turn this into some kind of reverse pissing contest. Suffice to say, I’ve played fewer than 2k battles so far. I’ll probably get up to 1500 in the next few weeks.

10. Zerolive

I don't know why but the game wants me to play speeder or fixer. My first epic was nitro and my first tier II is blast cannon. My epics are : Tier II tesla bolt, two not upgraded frost blaster, tier II blast cannon, two epic nitros , mine, repair box launcher, repair pulse and repair bolt (whoa that's a lot--didn't realized). So I am focusing on speeder from now on and hope devs buff it in some ways.. And hell yeah twin nitro is fun. Four players in subzero couldn't kill me for more than 2 minutes and match was 1-3 (we lost).

11. Zerolive

I meant to suggest you to change your gears as fellow speeder. My blast cannon does 512 damage I think and that explosive cannon:eek: god... I envy it. I am sorry if I pissed you off in any way:(. I just think your weapons can get you to 1500. It is your blue items that probably isn't suited for speeder.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  12. yellowocean

yeah, man, that's what i'm talking about... just wait till you get your nitro cooldown down to 5-6 seconds each and you'll zooming all over the map, just watch out for mines though hahahaha. yes, looks like you destined to be a speeder... your best items are for a speeder. i suggest you scrap the fixer items for parts and possible yellow or red epic pieces, unless you really want to keep them. with twin nitros, a mine and a blast cannon, you can play a very vital role for your team, distract the enemy and put mines where they least expect them, don't expect to kill much but being a very good distraction can go a long long way to helping your team win.

Zerolive likes this.
  13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    That is why nightmare got moved to 4000 from 3500.

14. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I should do an "economy" post at some point since there's another Fixer buddy with a post in a similar situation as me (had a lucky streak, peaked in the 3600s, now struggling to stay above the seal-clubber floor)

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. yellowocean

try sharing your battle videos and i'll comment on your gameplay... unless things have changed, fixers have always been the boat that can get ahead in infamy despite lower ship tiers...

16. Zerolive

I again got an epic nitro. Should I go triple nitro now?:D:D Game wants me to be a speeder for sure now....

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Fair play to ya:)..good to see a seasoned player actually helping new players.
    I agree with you on many points..but I think most have missed the point that..nowadays for new players..it is increasingly more difficult to upgrade boats/equipment due to them getting less rewards because they're not winning as many battles..maybe?
    I've mentioned before that Guild Quests has ruined gameplay(maybe altered is a better word)..now..infamy is insignificant..it's ALL about Guild rewards..hence so many dropping to complete quests easier.

Anyways..1 more piece of advice for the low players struggling is..try to friend some of these mk4/5 and ask if they will fleet..some might(you never know)..but at least it will give the low players a better chance of a win.

I suggested to a few high infamy players who were saying it's easy to get past 1000 with mk2 to set up a new account and go see. They got to around 400 infamy..and gave up.
    And this was BEFORE Guild Quests..so I imagine it's even more frustrating for new players now.
    We've seen the MANY threads on matchmaking before Guild Quests because players were sealclubbing to farm resources faster..the Devs introduced the 800 drop barrier..but IMO that wasn't much use as players knew how far to drop before playing to win.
    Well..gl new players..keep at it..hopefully things will even out. Progress may be slow..but just try to play for enjoyment..learn tactics/maps etc.

Infamy is like quicksand..the more you fight it..the more you sink. Keep calm and take your time and you'll do fine.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2017
    GuruM and Spinners71 like this.
  18. yellowocean

i agree, the way guild quests are structured now does have a watered down effect on competitive play... with the better rewards offered in guild quests, players no longer care about infamy ratings as much they used to. I mean what is gold compared to the more elusive epic perks and legendary pieces, right? Nightmare does give away a legendary piece, but the competition up top is fierce, only top 3 get more than 1 legendary piece so there isn't much incentive to climb up. Might as well focus on guild quests and you can roll for 2-3 leg pieces in a week's time.

And yes, fleeting with another good player does help you have better success, so try to make friends with the players you identify as good or great even and try to fleet with them as much as you can. Note however, that you also have to consider your compatibility with your fleet partner in terms of play style, equipped gear and selected boat. (shooter and shooter usually don't go so well, good fixers are very popular fleet partners).

Yes, also agree on the last part... it may sound contradictory but don't be so conscious about your infamy... focus on playing well everytime, celebrate the good wins and move on quickly from the bad losses. you will have good teammates and you will also have bad ones, that's just how it is. Note that i have never won 15 straight battles, my personal best streak was 12, point is, 2 steps forward 1 step back... steady progress i

Spinners71 and Biffter like this.
  19. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I have an alt account, i understand where your going from. But three words, deal with it. For now at least.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2017
  20. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

3 words..:rolleyes:;)

The Otherguy likes this.