1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[UNOFFICIAL GUIDE]: My Personal tips to help you through rough waters (i think) :)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by yellowocean, 16 Oct 2017.

1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

As a Fixer, I respectfully disagree ;)

Fight your hardest as a team, let me heal you, and we still lose? GG, WP, we tried our best.

Drive straight into the entire enemy team off the bat and send me a salty message when I don't follow you to your doom? Nope, that's on you.

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Very well written. There are many important points in there that I see even 3k - 4k infamy players do wrong every day. A couple of things bothered me though:

- I wouldn't call enforcer jack of all trades. I don't have a better term for it, but it's not that. It can be played in multiple ways, but overall I'd say it has less options than other ships, for example because it only uses single point weapons, or because every enforcer carries at least 1 tesla shield. My point is, enforcer is in my opinion not a bit of everything, it's one specific thing.

- The weapons vs turbo thing. Turbo is important indeed, and I think it's good you point that out, but I disagree that it should be prioritized over weapons. Leveled with the weapons maybe. But from my experience, while playing for infamy 1 to 2500 (that's how far I played as non-fixer), weapons were definitely more important. They were the only thing that would noticably increase my infamy progress when I upgraded them. And as fixer, I'd like to add something: you can be too fast. If your fixer is missing heals on you because you move so fast, you're not gaining any survivability with your high leveled turbo.

- Bandage: it's not the heal amount that determines whether a bandage is useful, or rather, not by itself. There are 3 things that contribute: the heal amount, your total HP, and the typical damage dealt by enemies at the infamy level where you are. A bandage could heal for 500 and still be useless if you're a 2500 HP speeder that gets killed in 2 hits.

3. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

ah it's on them, not you... so my statement still holds true :) it's more a like a mantra you should tell yourself to get rid of the bad vibes whenever your teammates don't cooperate. believe me, it works, after playing 17,000++ matches, a little positivity goes a long long way... staying positive also allows you to talk to them (if you care to) and find out why they did that or maybe coach them into playing better. if they wanna blame you, just ignore them then. maybe that's why the devs came up with the repair bolt, to give your team a better chance of winning even if you get suicidal players with you :)

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nonsense approved! Everything you say makes me more powerful in future battles. Also.

As a speeder, remember: You can be a duellist, a scout or a support. I'm gonna give some tips on duellist, so perk your ears up and listen.

Duellist speeders are the sauntering swashbucklers of the bay. In, out, sharp thrusts of point and/or splash damage, if the idea of messing with the enemy's head appeals to you, use this loadout. Remember, it is the riskiest job on the bay, you won't have much armour, and will have to depend on the spider sense of a good speeder.

1. Speed.
    Speed is obviously integral for a good speeder. What you also want as a duellist is handling. So, first off. Rudder. Try to use one, they are real good in 1v1 s and dodging gunfire and mortar fire. Second, the little red pointers. Keep them at 90° to the angle you are moving at all times if possible. If they ain't, then hammer the nail that sticks out. HARD. You gotta look out for the best of them if you're going down. Every shot counts. Which brings me to...

2. Knowledge.
    Know your team, know your enemies. As a duellist, it's your duty to prevent flankers from reaching high value targets. If you know the enemy team PERSONALLY (happens more than you think) then you know what to watch out for. Personally, I tag my opponents by colors.
    Green: The babies. Don't know all that much, aren't all that good. Show them the fire.
    Yellow: The hotness. These guys are good enough to have stood toe to toe with you in many cases. Of course, this is relative to you. Careful, strategize yourself, get your stuff together, cuz it just got real.
    Red: The black flag pirates, legit dangerous people. Focus fire, distract, and torment them as much as possible, it is IMPOSSIBLE to solo dance with them.
    Finally, one more thing that can save you. If your opponent has a particular ship, and you are alone with them, time their guns. It's tough, but if you manage it, you can rule the bay.

4. Judgement.
    The J word. Matters a lot to a speeder. Something I don't claim to have, and should be taught by better players than me. I say that speeders are opportunists above all. If you are a speeder, forget the beastly damage and the F.A.M.E. and remember that what you are most likely to be called is a frag stealin' schmuck. If you get the chance to put a big player out of the picture, I would take the shot not considering anything. At that time, I'm a machine. I won't consider mission cred, nothin'. Better players maybe would insta-think up some stuff? I can't, which is why I don't. Helps me a lot. Anything you guys wanna add?

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I believe that the enforcer is a denial ship. It denies control or supremacy to the enemy team. Mortars? DENIED. Flankers? No chance, with my ultra quick turret rotation. Point damage? Na-a. Can't hit me while I dance.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Its actually Jack of all trades, if you are good you can use it effectively. Some use it as shooters mortar style, with overboost and nitro its a speeder, with dual shield its as strong as defender. However nerf on top nerf has made enfo weak (i wont whine about it here;)),still strong at 1 v 1 and in right hands can do serious damage. (if this thread is expanded, i will explain on details how it works)
    That's what Jack of all trades means, can be played like all ships, but not perfectly like any other ship

Y0ur_Fath3r and Mr. Chompers like this.
  7. yellowocean

Thanks for the feedback @Miathan, yes, feel free to disagree, i welcome it actually so i can get a different perspective as well. As i said at the beginning of the thread, these are all my opinion based on my experiences.

- I wouldn't call enforcer jack of all trades. I don't have a better term for it, but it's not that. It can be played in multiple ways, but overall I'd say it has less options than other ships, for example because it only uses single point weapons, or because every enforcer carries at least 1 tesla shield. My point is, enforcer is in my opinion not a bit of everything, it's one specific thing.
    • yes, i agree in terms of what you can put on it, it has it's own thing but what i meant with it being a jack of all trades is that it can fulfill the role of a shooter, speeder and defender with surprising effectiveness with the right build. put on a sniper, swift torpedo and a mortar and your enforcer can play a shooter role... put on carronade, double BC with some mean OB and nitro plus shield and it can play the role of speeder... put on monster double shields and you play defender's role and tank for your team as well as block arcing projectiles.

- The weapons vs turbo thing. Turbo is important indeed, and I think it's good you point that out, but I disagree that it should be prioritized over weapons. Leveled with the weapons maybe. But from my experience, while playing for infamy 1 to 2500 (that's how far I played as non-fixer), weapons were definitely more important. They were the only thing that would noticably increase my infamy progress when I upgraded them. And as fixer, I'd like to add something: you can be too fast. If your fixer is missing heals on you because you move so fast, you're not gaining any survivability with your high leveled turbo.
    • Yes, sir, i totally agree with you, weapons are very important, however, you can't help your team if you die fast. you can't be effective if you keep lagging behind because you can't catch up, what good will good weapons do if by the time you get in the fray, 1 or 2 of your teammates have already been sunk? Speed = better survivability in battlebay. most specially in the llower leagues where more players use mortars and area damage weapons... having good speed will help you avoid most of them. i was stuck at around 3k infamy with mk5 shooter for a time and i couldn't push ahead because i kept getting burned by napalms and blasted by mortar fire. Then i notice some shooters easily avoiding my own mortar fire despite good lead shots, note that i was using a ballpark mortar then. Then i realize they were just faster than me. When i focused my upgrades on my turbo and retrained crew skills to speed up my shooter i started winning more and lasting longer in battles. That's my take on it.
    - Bandage: it's not the heal amount that determines whether a bandage is useful, or rather, not by itself. There are 3 things that contribute: the heal amount, your total HP, and the typical damage dealt by enemies at the infamy level where you are. A bandage could heal for 500 and still be useless if you're a 2500 HP speeder that gets killed in 2 hits
    • Totally agree, again, it's just my personal opinion that if your bandage can't give at least +80 hp every 5 secs, then i suggest you use a shield instead. as you said, 2500 hp is very squishy specially with the proliferation of legendaries in the lower leagues. i was a huge bandage guy back then and even until now but before i got to MK6, i got better results when i shelved my bandage for a big shield.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  8. Miathan

My point is I disagree that it can be played like other ships. Speeder is always faster, defender always has heavier weapons and more HP, shooter always has more firepower and it obviously can't be like fixer. I honestly don't see how enforcer is like any other ship. Enforcer is like enforcer. It has a unique set of item slots, points and typical setups, just like the other ships.

I mean sure, if you put double shield on enfo its HP gets high like a defender's, but if you put triple shield on a speeder it gets high HP too. Not exactly a reason to say one is like the other (and besides, noone does that, I've been playing in Ace I for over a month now and I don't think I've seen a single enforcer running double shield).

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

10. yellowocean

from your perspective, yes i understand your point... the best thing enforcers do is dictate the tempo of the battle... they are the best at influencing the pace and a team's aggression due to their superior agility (despite the nerf, they can still dance you to death). They can dive in and out quickly without compromising their position because of their unique reverse ability. on the hand, they can fulfill the role of each other damage dealing boat admirably. At your league, double shielded enforcers are rare because dual shields without turbo isn't really effective. you'll start seeing more dual shields when you face more MK6 enforcers, and i tell you, they are a pain to battle against.

11. yellowocean

LOL, bro, i think i'm keeping you attached to the battlebay community... come back and play, man.

12. Miathan

1) I've seen a dev post saying that enforcers do not have a "unique reverse ability"
    2) my league is where I get teamed up with the very top of the game, I've seen plenty of mk6 and mk7
    3) enforcer does not get a 3rd blue slot at mk6, it can never play double shield + turbo

13. yellowocean

1) everybody knows an enforcer can reverse faster than all the other boats, that's why they can do the cha-cha dance so well
    2 & 3) My bad, i meant dual tesla shields, not the standard or big shield... i'm sure you've come across those enforcers...

14. obscenery

obscenery New Member

Miathan, in your opinion, what do think is the role of enforcer and how it should be played? i still dont understand the strength of enforcer. (i have heard abt the reverse ability but it may not be true?)

15. Miathan

Then what did you mean by this?

16. yellowocean

double shielded enforcers = double tesla shield enforcers... mk5 enforcers can equip dual tesla shields but can't carry an overboost... only mk6/7 enforcers can equip an overboost + 2 tesla shields. that's what i meant. sorry, i mixed up the turbo for overboost. my apologies

The Otherguy and Miathan like this.
  17. yellowocean

for me their reverse ability is unique because they can reverse almost, if not, just as fast as they can move forward... no other boat class can do that. And, correct me if i'm wrong, but from my own limited enforcer experience overboost can also boost the reverse speed of the enforcer.

18. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Fortunately I have been saving 3 rare turbos (due the level limiter, the max level I can reach is 30)
    Have to play hided because the enemy delete half of my health only with a Sniper's critical hit.

Don't to forget to mention that weapons works depending of infamy level
    eg:
    Healer 50-500 Infamy = Standart cannon
    500 or more = high damage weapon with long cooldown like Railgun

19. yellowocean

the boat specific guide will take some time because i have to review the builds per MK level, i don't have an alternative baby account so i have to review the thread on ship tier slots.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Can beat any boat 1 v 1,and can also be a team player (frost launcher helps mortar users, double shields projects teammates). This what i said is what enforcer is for, basically enforces the team. Now coming to reality, all these i stated are dream quality of enforcer and only big whales can achieve it. Since the tesla shield nerf the protection role is almost over, and down the ISAK tree you have to sacrifice both turret agility and HP if you want to use frost launcher. Even when you use flare, you sacrifice speed.

All i can tell you is enfo and defender are extra ordinary strong. But both are whale boats (As one of the kitterini's posts stated). I suggest you read my post carefully, but those enforcer characteristics are only possible if you have epics and legendary of high tier.

So, for making enforcer effective for use you will have to stick to it for quite a long time, make sure you are ready for that. THE Dance as stated above is also useful when turbo is good and crew speeds are attained, currently when i try to dance with enfo, i m just wanking fingers back and forth, while my enfo stays at the same spot :D:D

ITS not a bad boat, but before you think about switching to it you have to consider various aspects

Swag likes this.