1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

VIDEO: Frost bolt & launcher are OP, and here's a great example of it.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by • Poison •, 16 Oct 2017.

1. • Poison •

• Poison • Member

Frost is currently OP in Battle Bay, and needs a fix, no doubts about that. Here is a good example of how game breaking frost is currently. Even with 2 fixers constantly trying to remove the frost off everyone, the entire team is almost permanently frozen throughout the entire game, eating torpedoes, rockets and shots, and not even able to move out of napalm. Frost, at the moment, will have you eating a minimum of 3 hits before it is expired. At a high level, that is a MINIMUM of 3k damage, if you are lucky.. as you know if can be a lot more than that. I find it, in its current form, completely game-breaking, and its more evident when you see a shocking number of enforcers and speeders switch to using frost since the last patch.

I had another few games yesterday where there was a speeder with frost launcher teamed up with a shooter who was using a couple of mortars.. frost freezes most of the team and the shooter unloads insane AE damage with his mortars. Once you are hit with frost, the mortars are obviously unavoidable.

I am not just saying this cause it ruins my games personally - I do have a speeder with a legendary frost bolt that I can easily switch to - but I just find it destroys the fun and point in the game when you are literally stuck in a small radius unable to move, and take amplified damage for the majority of it.

Possible workarounds:
    1. Frost breaks after 1 hit, just like the Tesla bolt?
    2. Bigger diminishing returns on continuous frost applications?
    3. Longer cooldown, higher minimum speed for ships effected?

Video posted as a reply below.

Thoughts?

Last edited: 16 Oct 2017
    Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. • Poison •

• Poison • Member

3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

FOR Frost launcher Trajectory being so less curved compared to mortars(CAN EVEN FROST ENEMIES AT AGE OF TUNNEL, WHERE YOU ARE NORMALLY PROTECTED FROM MORTARS), its projectile speed gets faster with CREW training and Radius of effects is too big makes it effective. But enforcer has to sacrifice its Hit point and Turret agility (WHICH I DON'T THINK IS FAIR) And speeder cannot use it effectively until mk6. So minor tweaks in launcher endgame would be fine(SINCE IT WAS IMPROVED IN FIRST PLACE TO PROMOTE ITS USE, P. S. - I USED IT BEFORE PROJECTILE SPEED BUFF AND IDK WHY THEY INCREASED 20% IN THE PATCH BECAUSE IT WAS EFFECTIVE WITHOUT THAT SPEED GAIN)

Frost blaster on the other hand requires 1 slot, has unlimited range with insane projectile speed (50) and The slowing effect is terrifying and the 30% Reduced healing makes it OP. I HAVE seen a speeder who based on usage of frost blaster and tri torp (most useless weapon) making to 3600 infamy both being low level, FROST BLASTER ONLY LVL 10. He uses frost blaster very frequently in gameplay (which very few speeders do, USE IT AS ASSISTANCE ) and its quite effective, so i decided do develop one myself.

MY main point being, Frost launcher awards too much and it's very easy to use( Mortars are easy too, but anyone can escape them if experienced) AND Frost blaster is a game changer(which very few low infamy speeder know about, Hence less complaints in forums). I Think both of them need nerf to some degree, not severe, but just enough to promote a balanced gameplay.

EDIT :- If frost blaster follows railgun mechanics in shooting style, Then why not do a duration reduction as you go closer (just like damage reduction in railgun with decrease in distance)

INCREASE in Arc (Trajectory) of launcher, so it can be avoided in all areas where mortar can be avoided...

4. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nothing needs nerfing. Problems lies in everyone's play style. Try working around the problem instead of complaining about them.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree with @Babablacksheep tho. It does need a small nerf. Not something as extreme as railgun, but maybe something like an antirailgun? Slowdown reduces as range increases? Itll make it more of a tactical choice instead of a spammable weapon.

Miathan and Babablacksheep like this.
  6. Babablacksheep

And how do you think his playstyle should be changed, since i suppose you watched the video before commenting! [no disrespect meant]

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have an idea.

"Enemy incendiaries apply "Thaw" to frosted friendlies, causing "X%" decrease in slowdown rate." This is a nerf that will prevent "smokescreens" due to napalm fire causing havoc on a bunch of frosted targets due to torps, same for clustered mortar fire. It will, however, retain the original purpose of the frost items: Torping.
    Edit: It will also be realistic.

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  8. • Poison •

• Poison • Member

It seems like you are enjoying using your frost items and thats fair enough. But please elaborate on your statement where you claim everyone should change their playstyle.

Ive posted a video to show how impossibly helpless you could be against these weapons, if you think the problem lies in “everyone’s play style” then you need to offer solutions or workarounds, not just a “I like my frost, dont nerf it”.

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I would have liked to see the overview at the end of the game, to see what frost weapons were being used, and how many. Could you post the battle log?

10. Babablacksheep

One of the speeder used launcher and blaster together both legendary, other one used tier 5 epic frost blaster

11. • Poison •

• Poison • Member

12. disorder

disorder Active Member

the worst in this video is frost + napalm.
    => some weapon go through teslashield, teslabolt is removed by damage, but frost got nothing like this, it should not work with firedot/napalmlauncher, at least something like this.

13. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Frost should be treated like Stun where there is a higher resistance immediately after the first frost. Maybe they turned on the "defroster?" And should definitely be broken after the first hit. Look at it this way... if your ship is covered in ice and you get hit by an explosion, so much that you're taking damage, then the ice would have been destroyed.

14. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

But since players keep shooting at frozen targets, it would render it almost useless as well.
    Considering it removes 50% duration every hit, a 10% nerf is more than fair.

Do it like the sniper cannon nerf would be (in my opinion), a good way to nerf it > Nerf % by tiers and classes.

• Poison • and Ian like this.
  15. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

FB in my opinion is used for up close and reallybshines with a torpedo, wich is about usless at long range. So u saying it should habe shorter time the closer u are defeats its purpose IMO. I see rhe launcher as nore of a morter assist item and thats about all i know for it.

16. Babablacksheep

In my main post i did mention that It has unlimited range and is a really great assist tool, frost a guy using blaster and see the shooters do rest of the work (idk about your teamates , but as a shooter i will destroy a frosted guy:)) I think bunta made a video about how it can be used to assist

My personal opinion, if you are using blaster only at time of hitting torp you are not wrong but maybe trying assisting team with it from beginning and see the power of freeze. The speeder i wrote about literally spams it and has achieved great results.

Rickert likes this.
  17. *Rubber Duck*

Iv had hard times hitting with it at long range cuz of waves but yes sir it does benifit shooters aswell ;)

18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I haven't been targeted by it a lot yet, but just today I was actually thinking to myself "hmm, this does seem a bit too powerful" when my fixer got wrecked in a few seconds even though I had near full HP and saw it coming. It was a speeder with frost blaster + 2 torpedos (I think big + swift) and I really didn't see any chance to avoid either.

19. *Rubber Duck*

If ubget cought by a frost torp alone u are about screwed, if ur around ur team and IF u (any player) see him comeing ya goda spam that sos/attack target. This is more for newer olayer advise as im sure u fellas know it already. If those pesky speeders like myself get focused they are usually done for or atleast frightened away. Again not directing that info at u persay :)

20. Rickert

Rickert New Member

It really needs a nerf... It's to god damn OP

• Poison • likes this.