1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - guild quest exploit and actions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Well that + the website kind of gave it away lol
    Next time, print it and take a picture. Might look a bit more "real" :p

But you couldn't be more right though. Who reads the TC/EULA/ToS ?
    If you own an android/iOS device, I'm sure you didn't read the 4000 pages long (as 99.9% either). You should read them. It's kind of "creepy" in some ways ;)

2. Boaty McBoatface

Boaty McBoatface Member

you are comparing the wrong crime for this situation to fit the outcome you want.

i'd say this is comparable to a tax loophole unintentionally made by a government. companies will exploit the loophole in the tax system as much as they want. now the government noticed this loophole but instead of addressing it immediately, they waited and of course other companies will take advantage as well. then the government said there is a new law and using this loophole is now punishable by law. would the companies be punished for their actions before the new law was implemented?

3. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

According to your scenario,that would imply that taxes were never legal in the first place. If you want to say that a dev said no punishment would follow then why ban others for cheating and speed hacks? It all falls under the same category: exploits

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It feels good to know I had the chance to cheat from day 1 and I chose not to. Now I don't have to sit here crying about the items I cheated for were taken away :D

Lucian758, Miathan, A55A51N and 2 others like this.
  5. Desirè

Desirè Member

I was always told cheaters never win.

Miathan, EyeOfDoom and Joey who like this.
  6. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

This thread is all about rubber duck thinking hes some sort of hero, neck up mate.

I dont care about the perks, items and whatever been taken away.

What i care about is how lazy the devs are in sorting out the data that was different from the farming, so lazy in fact they just do a roll back instead of working out what was from farming and what was from grinding (doing things the correct way)

This just shows how incompetent they actually are. Because in the end the loophole was caused by them, not us.

7. Joey who

And was abused by: ?

One thing is accidentally stumbling into the exploit

Figuring out there is an exploit and taking advantage of it meanwhile you know for a fact, no doubt in your mind that the devs are fixing what was NOT intentionally implemented in the game. That, is another thing.

:D

Miathan and HazardousMoon like this.
  8. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

I do not care for your response in regards to sticking up for Rovio, its cute but not needed.

My post isnt about justification of exploiting the tokens or not. It is about the poor lack of effort in sorting of data.

Nice try tho.

9. Joey who

10. Boaty McBoatface

Boaty McBoatface Member

You seem to neglect a simple fact that someone asked a dev about the issue and said it won't be punishable. after that statement and only after that, was when alot of people started farming. like Hodges, i don't really care for the items farmed you can keep it. my issue is with the items gained legit. also, after they fixed the loophole, items, resources & tokens gained legit were also rolled back.

sorry dev team but you did a half ass job with the update, half ass job in communicating about the exploit & half ass job in the rollback. you seem to like the easiest way of doing things. anyways i've heard a few people have asked and gotten their refunds from their respective app stores. i bet your wallet is way lighter.

11. Joey who

I'd like to see. Can you post a screenshot?

Miathan likes this.
  12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It's the same reply all these hoppers are circulating all over the forums. It says switching guilds back and forth is not punishable. Back and forth. BACK. AND. FORTH. Not make new guilds per day.

The intention was to not punish players for helping out another guild but everyone took it as a green light for abusing. And if any of them read the announcement, it clearly states completing over 2 boards is considered abusing. So switching back and forth was still ok and that reply still holds.

Miathan and KRaZE like this.
  13. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

I got more

Attached Files:

14. Fred91704

Fred91704 Member

Rovio likes to give false information :)

15. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

OHHHHHH, ALL THE HATERS JUST GOT OWNED!!!!
    ROVIO IS IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!!
    Speaking for all the abusers of the exploit, if MIKA does not personally come out and make a personal apology to all the players for CAUSING the misunderstandings in the first place. EXPLOITERS will NEVER be at ease! If you are going to make players accept punishments like these, a personal apology NOT from Rovio or other devs but FROM MIKA is necessary. IF you cannot even do that then DEVS please punish MIKA. Put the cheaters at ease and ease the salt for good.

*JAWS* likes this.
  16. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Attached Files:

17. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Guess what, the DEVs are owned by rovio....and what rovio says in my famouse ToS post outwieghs what any dev says in a comment, just throwing that out there

Miathan likes this.
  18. Joey who

I can see why you're upset now. They were misleading. Not saying I would have exploited myself even after seeing those. But I see your point.

I still feel this was needed because the exploiters got a huge advantage against the fairplay players

Fred91704 likes this.
  19. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

#3 how many more do i gotta post to show you we were under the impression it was legal?

Attached Files:

20. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

We wouldnt of exploited had they not been lying to us not only one time but ln numerous occasions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.