1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Floaters

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zane, 12 May 2017.

1. Zane

Zane New Member

There definitely should be a way to report floaters in game. Its nearly impossible for me to find players after matches.

HarleyQuinnocent and dikshift like this.
  2. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Floaters? If by that you mean afk players there is really not much you could do anyways
    I've found it pretty rare to see someone not try!

3. T2P Ez

T2P Ez New Member

I ever only really notice AFK players on the other team, never mine which I'm happy about! :p
    Although been in a few matches where my whole team will chase a random person down leaving 4 players to easily capture the target and win that way which is never fun.

4. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

They should be punished for going afk in a 5 minute game. It puts your team in a losing situation immediately; that's not fair. They need to either lose more infamy, or get banned for a couple hours( like how it works in cs go).

Zane and T2P Ez like this.
  5. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Well they do lose infamy because more then likely the team will lose
    Also a 5 minute ban on someone already afk won't hurt them

This is a free to play Mobile game so tho I understand what your saying I just doubt anything could really be done about the problem!

6. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Not a 5 minute ban, like a couple hours ban. Making them lose more infamy is probably the best way to go.

7. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Ya that would make more sense I would like that! I have a feeling when you get to higher levels you won't even worry about that problem!

dikshift likes this.
  8. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Ehh, pretty sure there's always gonna be people who either did not realize they didn't have time to play, or are intentionally trying to drop to fight easier players, so they go afk.

9. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

Punishing someone for being AFK is a bad idea. An emergency may have come up in their life and they have to leave to take care of it. They should only be punished if they do it consistently, not if they just do it once. Bad idea o_O

10. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Yeah I agree, maybe you're allowed 3 afks per week before you get banned for a couple hours. Having said that, every game is 5 minutes at max. If you don't think you have even 5 minutes, then don't press battle. Don't ruin the game experience for four other people just because you're greedy and want to squeeze in a game when you don't have time to. Don't be that person.

Zane likes this.
  11. HungryMan

HungryMan New Member

Yea some sort of penalty needs to be implemented

12. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Yeah afks are annoying(except network error and dc)

13. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Disagree. If the punishment is reasonable like extra infamy loss than an emergency situation which only happens rarely is no big deal. For frequent afk'ers it becomes a big deterrent.

dikshift likes this.
  14. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

Well I like to keep my infamy and would rather not have more taken away after one incident. How would they determine who is a floater using an automated system anyway? Maybe they play for half the game then leave, or just don't move much throughout the game. It's easier to just let floaters be floaters.

15. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Its not a big problem at higher infamy levels - Sure it happens, but its both rare and about as likely to be on the other team.

That being said, it shouldnt be too hard to track the true floaters - Zero input during a game fx.

16. HarleyQuinnocent

HarleyQuinnocent New Member

Well, then you have been fortunate. I had to stop playing this morning because in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. I had at least three floaters... What's worse is that the floaters did not lose any infamy, but I killed 3 out of the four enemy teammates on my friggin on lost infamy. Lost over 200 infamy points. There is not a way to find someone to report them once you are out of the game.

17. Ewouna

Ewouna Member

Bots dont loose infamy , that's why ...