1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Top used items all legends!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Memorize, 14 May 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That is actually not the reason. The reason is that legendary items are so difficult to get, level up and evolve that otherwise they would be completely useless for players who already have high tier epic items. Low tier legendary items are still worse than high level epics, but least they catch up epics earlier, not only at tier 5.

Jumppanen and SkyWriter like this.
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you would have gone for not the only reason then we would absolutely have agreed - Legendaries need to be better than epics for rarities to make sense, I don't think anyone would argue that point ;)
    ---
    As stated elsewhere -- The absurdity of pearl price vs benefit ensures that the impact of p2w players is not that significant, so its not exacly game breaking. Not many people are willing/capeable/weakminded enough to dump the thousands of $$$ into the game that would be required to dethrone the players with a 1 year headstart, so its not a huge deal (at least not for higher infamy levels).

I could imagine it being very demotivating to face even a lvl 1 legendary weapon in low level games though - Being 1 shot is usually not so fun :) So I'll be happy to repeat that the chosen starting values for legendaries provides a massive boost to heavy spenders, which makes sense as you want them to feel initial value and spend more. I have high enough thoughts of you designers to trust that you know what you are doing, so can we stop pretending that its totally unintended & keep it real? :)

Having seen sick people incapeable of making resonable financial decisions loose their house, car & families because their weak minds couldn't resist your chosen financial model does make me highly critical of it though. While people being weak/sick is not your fault, your industry is enabling some very sad life stories.

But again the issue lies in the consumers being unwilling to pay a realistic box price upfront, forcing game companies to turn to the hidious beast that is freemium.

Jammo and D3X like this.
  3. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    @Jonathan Lin please read the entire topic and all the posts before jumping head first into the conversation. You look a little stupid now.

I have posted on numerous occasions that I have indeed spent real money on this game. During the soft launch I advocated for others to support the game and spend a little money as well.

I can't be bothered explaining myself again to the likes of you.

4. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I can assure you that not all of us "weak/sick people" are going to be homeless/in debit. Some of us "weak/sick people" have just saved up more than enough money in our life to throw a couple thousand dollars at a game that we enjoy to play. So please stop trying to belittle people whom you know nothing about.

-WinkleBerry5

5. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    @Kitterini you nailed it mate. These Devs are immensely talented. BB was a great game before the accountant's took over.

@Winkleberry5 sounds like you aren't as important in real life anymore so you need to flash your cash to a bunch of kids on a mobile game forum. Your profile pic of your legendaries is case in point. Congratulations on all your life success however I just want to point out that you have spent thousands of dollars buying weapons for a game that is probably worth about $12.99

Couldn't keep up with the 12yr olds owning you on COD and BF1? (exceptional games that cost $80 once for their full content) :p

D3X likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.