1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A not so Legendary feeling...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by retryW, 13 Oct 2017.

1. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

So today was a day that I should have been very excited for, and had been so looking forward to when I first started my Battle Bay career.
    Thanks to a lucky rare weapon scrap, I finally reached 10 red legendary pieces. Unfortunately I am too scared to even think of combining them. There are only two weapons in the game I want, so there is an overwhelming likelihood that I won't get what I want.
    20171013_161935.png

This really isn't the feeling you should have when you finally have the opportunity to obtain an end game piece of gear.

Devs, I'd really appreciate if you had a look at my suggestion in the following thread.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/proposal-for-acquiring-legendary-weapons.12637/

Fellow friends and unfriends, are any of you in the same boat? And if so, how long have you left your 10 pieces sitting there building dust?

2. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I have been stuck at 2 red and 2 yellow piece for almost 6 months. I cannot imagine how you feel. But I can pray for you and I wish you good luck on getting legendary you want. Have a nice day and take a leap of faith buddy. :):)

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    *Gets a legendary Spam Lord* @Joeyaa

The Otherguy and Zerolive like this.
  4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Guess all I can do is pray for u

retryW likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

You could get exactly what you want... only one way to find out! :)

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

That's kinda part of the game, luck of the draw. Letting people choose legendaries would be unfair to those who already paid for them and it would make pay to play ruling even worse in nightmare

7. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

If you read the thread I linked. I feel it's a pretty good way to mitigate that, making it more fair and logical for everyone.

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

You can't do this to us! Why give us an evil cliffhanger like this. We demand the ending of the story:mad:

(So... what weapon did you receive?:D)

9. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Haha love it. Still haven't combined. Probably never will until I have another 10 saved up in case of disappointment. Unless the system is reworked.

10. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Good call, the odds are too high that you'll get what you didn't want. Unless you can bend your mind to accepting any legendary as it will still help you in guild quests.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  11. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Lol, just combine it. There's zero point in keeping it stacked like this. If you combine, you may not get what you want, but if you keep the stack, you certainly won't get what you want.

Btw, why do you only want 2 weapons? It's easy to be disappointed if you see 17 out of the 19 weapons as bad outcomes. That's not the game's fault.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I also think you should combine it. Even in the worst case, you could scrap it and probably get loads of cool stuff (maybe some more pieces).

13. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

combine and don´t scrap because sure in the next you will get the same shit so you will have a shit leg t2 XDDDDDDD I know very well ...

14. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Mind to share your story? I'm interested:)

15. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Look I understand how the game is, and I shouldn't fight it. But as a game dev myself I think this small piece of the game is poorly designed.

But more to answer your question. I have tried multiple builds, I have acquired enough to have t5 rares of every item in the game. I know what works for me, and what play style I want to reach Nightmare and beyond with.
    And you can't tell me "you'll get bored" etc. Etc. As I've been playing online games for years, and I have spent 1000s of hours on a single class in Wow without wanting to play any others. Used a single gun in CoD without ever changing. I know what I like, and I enjoy getting more and more proficient using that particular setup until I am unbeatable.

So I want my Big Torpedo, Or a Blast Canon. I honestly don't even want the BC that much. I only really want the Torpedo as it's the only key ingredient in the frost combo.

Shadow Moon! and Ovidmikel like this.
  16. disorder

disorder Active Member

worst of case... you will got something ridiculous for your boat, but excellent for guild quest.... gogogogo

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  17. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'd combine it in a heartbeat if I were you. Whatever change you're hoping for might not come for months if not at all. And obviously there will never be guaranteed item drop. Ever.

Best case, they'll implement something to increase the odds but then again, it's not happening anytime soon. Not as long as people are happy to cash out on epic containers.

That's why I don't save up anything at all. I can try saving up to 4000 pearls for months but what for? 1 random epic and a legendary part? I'll take my chances with chests while game is still fun and popular.

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  18. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I would combine the legendary parts. I run speeder with a tier 3 level 30 big torpedo and a regular cannon(I only have 1 rare blast cannon and 1 rare sniper). Regardless of the item I pulled I would look to use it. If it was a mine I would become a dirty mine user. If I got a explosive cannon I would say bye bye to my torpedo or I might switch to another boat. This game is about using what you get and molding your game to the weapons you get.

19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I was at 9/10 legendary, reduced back to 8(SO only one leggy during token farm, was not a hard core farmer). Now its 8/10 lol:D

20. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I have in fact read it. It may be logical to your needs because you want a specific item, I will probably get enough pieces by the end of the year at this pace and would love to be able to choose as well, I'm just not sure if it is logical from the devs perspective. Legendaries have value which is why people pay for crates hoping to hit their lucky weapon. Making a special set of rules so you can choose which one reduces that value. It's why you can not just buy them outright.

I'm happy they are giving out legendary pieces in the rally, they made them obtainable for f2p people who grind.