1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers make the game worse

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llr

llr New Member

Fixer here!

The problem you have highlighted is that many people do not know how to play with a fixer, and, tbh, the repair pulse is one of the worst things a healer can use.

My personal bug bear is when I use.... the repair box. How many times have I tried dropping these in strategic position and some twit goes around collecting them! They aren't even damaged and the enemy hasn't appeared on the screens! That is not team play, I assume that these are rather young children, but it happens a lot. I am not aware of any extra points that can be gained by doing this. Another problem with the repair box is that some people ignore them, even when they can clearly see them... and need only go that tiny bit further forward. I am a fairly good shot, but I'm not perfect. Or, on the opposite problem when I drop a repair box for me... and someone that only has 100 damage to them nicks it when I have <300 and get killed the next shot!vv

I also use the repair bolt, mine heals 450 per shot - not insignificant! It is great at long distances, but requires people to be fairly static for accuracy, in other words if you are a speeder I don't bother repairing you if you are not close range. It is more beneficial for me to heal someone closer to me where I know I can get a better shot. The number of times I have aimed for someone and they speed away - argh! I wish we had a way of notifying people that we are about to heal them!

Often people at a lower infamy use the repair pulse, but other players don't always check what we are dropping, so many times have people tried to get a bit 'too upfront and personal' with me. Better yet if they can get behind me, leaving me vulnerable, blocking my escape and we both get mortared in one shot. It is much easier for a fixer if you stay in front in their line of sight - but not too close.

There are other little things,like you said about people grouping .. if I hit "together" for me ot means come back in range, I can't specify a specific person... so everyone, good health or bad, gets near me and... boom. OR when the enemy starts firing and the other boats all decide to abandon me, leaving me vulnerable. OR how about that person who, where ever I go, gets between me and the person I am trying to fix!

Often we lose on my team because the other side target me... but my team don't bother taking out the fixer.... and target different boats so the fixer can always heal them quickly. and I know that I am good and make a difference because a couple days ago I had the lifesaver notification 47 times... in one battle. At least 40 of those were on the same boat lol. We won. And it can get annoying when we have two fixers on the teamm

As for the weaponry, it is always good idea to find out what we are using. I like using the cannon or mines, at the moment it is cannons because of the short reload time. when people get to close I have been able to take some out and defended myself. Mines are better due to sheer damage, but are very limiting. Some people prefer long range weapons so they can join in and attack. I do save people on my team

I do play other boats, like the shooter for the quests, and I do appreciate that I don't always live up to the above, and that not all fixers are great... why bother healing yourself when you should be healing me and I can protect you! But I can also admit that, on many an occasion, I have survived a battle just because of the fixer.

2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

lol rip
    our class is a disappointment i understand now T-T
    thanks @xxxBISMARCKxxx for clearing that up, glad to know the game would be better off with out us fixers

3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Play an MMO to get your magic healing fix, dude

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Soooo, a grren flashy thing that kisses your boo-boos when you get hurt isn't logical in a world where mutant rats drive boats with 6 guns that are half the size of the ship, not to mention there's that flashy purple thing that makes those things that put holes in you go away.

Sounds like you need a logic check

5. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Can we please delete this thread ?
    The idiocy is WOW ! No words for it.

Thank you devs for deleting it and THANK YOU FIXERS, for making this game more enjoyable.

6. xxxBISMARCKxxx

How about the devs instead delete the fixer class, or at least make enough changes to it so it doesn't force craptastic gameplay/win vs fun decisions.

7. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

How about nerfing speeders as they are ruling all over the place since beginning.

TheAntiSnipe and Mr. Chompers like this.
  8. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

First of all it's a game you accepted the world they created and the creative license they took building it....would this boil your noodle....the ships don't sink when they take damage (even from torpedoes a hole in the ship should spell down under) they just "magically" float as a burning wreck... :)
    Absurd non-creative version...your ship takes damage...the fixer hit's the repair button...Feelix jumps out of the ship....uses OB motorized skies....and skies to your ship then applies a patch with spare metal and bolts...but when Feelix left the ship Feelix can't operate the ship anymore so "BOOM!" unfriend takes it out. And players hit by torpedoes just sink and can no longer play in game.
    PS. what about the fact it is called Battle Bay...If it was really a Bay one side of the bay should have an outlet in each map to the ocean otherwise it would be called Battle Lake and there would be far less waves.
    You seem a tad stilted by the fixer role but it just adds dynamics to the game. It also looks like they have room to create more ship classes so rather than harping on the fixer why not recommend new ship ideas.

9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I enjoy the fact that some of you have chosen to fixate on the "realism" of a fixer with your poorly-constructed arguments summarized as "something else in game isn't completely realistic therefore you can't complain about the extent of unrealism of anything else." And that others of you have chosen only to defend the fixer clustergasm as "different" gameplay. Notice that not one person has defended the fixer clustergasm as a good thing. Not one.

10. ArromStone

ArromStone New Member

Have you ever thought of the weapons ur swapping in one ship?ain't that magical and if there are no fixers in this game most of the shooters would use mortars spam and the shooter who has high lvl mortar team will always win ,so if ppl fleet with one all mortars and one all with close combat weapons then it would easy make them win against any team even if speeder comes near them.so basically without fixer in this game,game ain't no fun unless u wanna grind for months and increase infamy at that rate.

11. ArromStone

ArromStone New Member

Lmao XD

12. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

"fixer clustergasm" is a good thing, for both the fixer teamates and the enemy. The fixer teamates get their heals and get to dish out tons of damage as a group.

The enemy teams are also in a for a treat. They get to spam their mortars and torpedoes right to the center of the "fixer cluster", thus negating all those heals and actually could obliterate the whole fixer cluster in a blink of an eye.

So yea nothing wrong with fixer clusters, that's the whole idea of mortars and torpedoes in the first place.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. MidnightXDawn

MidnightXDawn New Member

I can't even take you seriously.

Matchmaking issues will exist as long as the type of ship is not taken into account. You complain about fixers causing balancing problems but I'm certain you have played games where, as an example, one team has mostly speeders and the other has mostly shooters. I'm not saying that it is certain the former team will lose, but in terms of weapon loadout it is unfair.

You are not forced to cluster around the fixer. As someone has also mentioned in this post, we spam "Together" because there's always someone on the team who thinks they are invincible and runs off to deal with the entire team themselves. Try playing fixer and maybe you will understand.

EDIT: And yes, I mainly play fixer though I don't normally play healer in other games as you naively assumed in your initial post.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
  14. xxxBISMARCKxxx

If most of the team doesn't cluster around the fixer you're gimping your team, as I noted in my first post in the thread. Because fixers almost always have a very small offensive contribution to make, by design. So if you don't have them healing people then you're basically going 4v5. As I noted in a subsequent post this creates a situation of having to choose between fun and winning.

15. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    My fav matches are when two fixers on each team. Its like non stop action till the time runs out. I had one like that 2 days ago. Ended in a draw all 5 on each time alive lol we all had like over 20k damage

Ovidmikel and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

9FB54C60-6C9D-479F-8057-708587843285.jpeg

It really is October!

17. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

What if a fixer were to play selfishly? They would be amazing tanks if that was they rand double pulse ductape or even a great distraction if they jumped into the enemy side and dropped a napalm and mines causing massive havoc. Then they could return to the team to heal themselves and their team. But you logic comparison does make sense when it comes to healing bolts and pulses. Maybe if both ships had to be Immobile to conduct repairs it would make sense but that would leave them both vulnerable to a massive torp blast.

18. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Fixers should probably get their 2 red slots earlier than 3 green slots And to compensate they can do dual pulse until they get their third green at mk6

19. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Wahhh? My favorite battles are those with fixers in them. When they're on my team, I can do riskier stuff and not worry about chip damage. When they're on the other team, I can deal out massive damage to clumped enemies, or infiltrate and take out the healer.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  20. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

That’s probably because barely anyone plays fixer and that’s only happened to me one time where we got 4 fixers on a team.

2 fixers vs 2 fixers matches take forever to play out though.

And thank goodness for repair bolt to heal distant teammates. Maybe I should run sniper, tesla bolt, and all gear lubes and repair bolts so I can 360 no-scope everyone :p

The Otherguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.