1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

You are very much at fault...u had a choice and only u can make the call to do something or not do it

2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Using minis is not the exploit, you should be in the clear. The problem is repeatedly doing lvl 1 quests by creating new guilds.

Skye and Dobson like this.
  3. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

But the damage is done all those noobs have epics perks now!!

Skye, Hardcore and Mamamyers like this.
  4. Ajt

Ajt New Member

I have spent money and time on this game and don't want to be reset when we aren't cheating i pay for 2 phones with seperate data thanks :)

5. Ajt

Ajt New Member

Oh ok thanks mate

6. JJf

JJf Member

As I have said before, this isn't just between players and developer. This is a multiplayer game so everything is between the players as well. It might be fun to collect free stuff instead of buying it but it gives unfair advantage when compared to players who have earned the same by playing thousands of battles or spending thousands of dollars of money. So, even if it's breaking the rules between players and developers, it breaks the rules inside the community. That's why the hoppers just can't keep all the stuff they have farmed.

If the players had been told earlier there will be a chance to get free all the stuff they are earning by playing or by paying and they still had player/paid, the game had been fair. Now it isn't.

JSWEETAPPLE, Kitterini and Dobson like this.
  7. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Which the devs can probably undo by parsing server logs, figure out what you gained and replace it with what you had before (if anything). Tokens can be removed, weapons downgraded, etc

Skye and Dobson like this.
  8. SHOCK.WAVE

SHOCK.WAVE New Member

well such player wants to discover strategies to find easy win Or to gain tokens easily,
    If there any trouble to be blame is your system not the player.

9. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

While ambiguous. At least this should strike enough fear in most of the guild hoppers, that they shouldn't waste their time hopping anymore.

10. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

agreed

El craken likes this.
  11. D E P R E D A T H O R

D E P R E D A T H O R New Member

Una solución sería que al entrar a una cofradía a la semana de estar ahí puedas cumplir y reclamar recompensas.
    Eso evitará que las nuevas gremios hagan trampa y tengan forzosamente esperar ese tiempo (algo que no harían esos incompetentes)

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
  12. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Its very much the player, u have a choice, exploit or dont...some made the bad choice...some didnt...now the bad choices come with a consequence:)

13. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

I’ve never really put too much money into this game, so the pay to play theory doesn’t bother me. And I don’t have many epic perks nor do I care. I did ok with the load out I have. But as American Marauder state, I hope there not a blanketed roll back that effects people who are innocent. My Guild has only worked hard to complete task and we didn’t even know about the loophole until last week. But it wasn’t worth chancing anything because I knew that some repercussions were going to come from it. And most people should have know that. Even if it was a developer error. Why put your guild in a position like that.

MJL likes this.
  14. KenZer

KenZer Member

Justice. Love it.

15. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    To keep the ecosystem even and balanced I see 2 options that are just and give a long term healing effect to the community.

1) Take away the gained resources (perks, pieces, combined items, pearls, parts) everything gained with the guild tokens after the first
    easy board was completed in the 2nd rivalry season

2) Gift ALL Battle Bay players who did not exploit with the same amount of tokens as the mean average of the active perpetrators
    (hundreds of thousands tokens)

Its easy to see which of the 2 solutions will lead to a more just, balanced and healthy in game ecosystem.

Miathan and A55A51N like this.
  16. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Can't call them cheaters.....they took an advantage of what they found rather than those who didn't and expressing that regret as anger in forums.....it's not a bug after all.

Devs are taking it seriously bcoz if they don't, this game will become play 2 win rather than pay to win..... what about the wallet warriors? Now u will say that it's the only way devs can earn money, but how does supercell earn money from CoC, wallet warriors are in there also but those players just do it faster than the f2p players but eventually everyone gets the same thing at some point.
    While here p2p players will always be OP than the f2p players.

Lutto likes this.
  17. xbillehx

xbillehx New Member

I'm sure you're able to see who has obtained the most tokens so far. Do some math to determine how much the max as of now is and please target those who far surpassed it. Shouldn't be too difficult to pinpoint those who abused this. Sucks for them, don't cheat.

Edit. The only people that will argue against this are those who took advantage of a very obvious exploit and will try everything to attempt to justify it. Tough luck.

Dobson likes this.
  18. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Thank you devs for doing what's right.
    Now let's wait for the punishments. I can't wait for that to happen.

Think million of tokens.
    hundred of thousands is 2 days "work". It's been going on for a long time.

Mr. Chompers and BlueLotus like this.
  19. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Definitely not by watching ads, i can tell you that. Ads don't pay.
    Wallet warriors and those making small purchases are those who contribute for a game to be in development.

F2P players watching ads (or some don't even bother) don't contribute to the financial support of the game dev.
    Do we need F2P players ? Definitely.

CoC is making massive $$ because of those "wallet players".

Dobson likes this.
  20. -MAELSTROM-

-MAELSTROM- New Member

You'd be surprised...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.