1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The board 1 repeat farming Loophole

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Which is the big thing about this that irks me personally. Regardless of whether or not it's a legitimate farming technique, it shuts out those of us that actually like our guilds and want to stay in them. What they seemed to want to promote was guilds, but what they really did was destroy guilds since you get the most out of that farming method if you solo it (or duo with a hopper-friend).

Last edited: 8 Oct 2017
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Two things. 1. I am directing my complains towards the devs, but I obviously want them to take different actions than the people who abused the flaw.

2. Agreed if you refer to personal insults and namecalling, that is not going anywhere useful. Strongly disagree if you dont think we should criticize people that have decided to openly cheat at the expense of every non cheater. While I understand the fear of missing out, I dont see it a strong argument for cheating to the degree that is happening now. And yes, if you abuse an obviously broken and unintended mechanic for personal gain, then you are cheating.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

That's really brave of you to openly admit it on the forum. Be prepared tough, people may insult you, flame you, and even harras you on other threads besides this one.

Basicly, be prepared to receive lots of salt.

4. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    I'm old enough to have a thick skin. This is only a online game.

Kitterini and Mr. Chompers like this.
  5. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

I know, from past experience, that cheating makes a game way less fun. My experience? Let's just say that Cheat Engine is a great tool if you know how to use it. I know how to use it.

6. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

THIS IS B.S and getting way out of hand, now their naming guilds "Token #" or "Token Farm 1,2,3" and so on. So basically u guys need to have it where u can only stay in ONE guild for entire season. If u leave u forfeit the tokens for that season, would TOTALLY stop all this NONSENSE.

TheAntiSnipe, Dobson, tgtv and 2 others like this.
  7. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

it´s very easy to fix that is very clear...the question is the players full of epic perks and legs cheating is ok???? fuck

Dobson and Rock'N'Rolla like this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I guess the difference is that Rovio haven’t said that it’s not a bannable offense either.

It looks like an exploit. So a lot of people don’t want to risk it, in case the devs decide to penalize people for doing it. However, if the devs don’t do anything about it, then all the people who didn’t abuse the exploit will be penalized by default, because they’ll be way behind on perks and equipment.

That’s not the same as playing or not-playing battles. Battles are an intentional part of the game, which everyone is clearly allowed to do. There is no moral dilemma involved in deciding whether or not to play battles.

9. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I saw last night "token 47" so today, they must be at token 55 (or more).
    Rough estimate = 1 board = 24 000 tokens (12 000 + 12 000 for board completion).
    24 000 * 55 = 1.3m tokens generated.

Considering 3500 draw * 12 for a legendary round = 42 000 tokens (or 2 boards)

that gives them a total of 31 legendary rounds. That's a minimum of 10/15 legendary pieces for a week worth...

Dobson and Mr. Chompers like this.
  10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What bugs me most about all of this are two things

1) How on earth could the devs have missed all of this while developing the guild quests? Hopping, board 1 farming, creating new accounts etc? Don't they have any testing being done before a game changing patch like this is released?

2) Why is there silence on their part? This is the worst time for Battle Bay since I started playing ~5 months ago, yet it's also the time with the fewest Rovio posts. They could at least have the decency to make a general announcement and type 2 lines about their thoughts. Something like "Hey guys, exploiting is not OK and will be rolled back" or "Hey guys, no punishments will be made". We deserve that much, the whole playerbase does.

11. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Mad.. If devs won't do any penalties to abusers that would be a collapse...

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The gains from abusing this exploit are so large that noone doing it is in doubt about whether its intended to be like this or not. They are openly abusing a flaw for personal gain.
    Its to a degree where paying customers should start poking Apple/Google for refunds if the devs let the cheaters keep their stolen goods. Everything in BB only holds value in relation to what others have, all your legendaries are worth less now than a week ago because people have been exploiting the system.

Dobson, Mr. Chompers and Cpt Obvious like this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed they’re reluctant to respond to anything where their comments might be interpreted as a promise or commitment. Probably because everyone will bitch at them if they accidentally say something that they can’t follow through with.

I’m sure they’re reading this, and diliberating over how to proceed, but I doubt they’ll comment before they’re ready to make an announcement.

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  14. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I agree. My legendary items are worth less now since it's very easy to farm them.
    I'm not going to go to Apple/Google for a refund. I bought them regardless. Now, if they let the "farmers" keep their goods, there is only one option : Give the same exorbitant amount of tokens to those non-farmers. Since we all know that won't happen either, my future purchases (and so are other "whales") won't be anymore.
    It will cost them in the long run, believe me.

But for now, I'm only speculating and will give them the benefit of the doubt. They surprised me more than once so who knows.

15. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I must have missed the am suks and am suxx ones. I saw a Dobson's Tears one and called them out on it in VIP. You and I may have had some indirect friction in the past over gameplay (btw you been doing great lately) but I don't accept such institutional disrespect like they were showing. Those guilds who were using player's names in a derogatory way for all to see should see a chat ban imho.

16. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    And this is why we can't have nice things...

Just because you can do something wrong, doesn't mean you should. You guild hoppers destroyed the spirit of the game by doing what you're doing. What you've done is ruined what could have been a community building thing. There will probably be no way in the future to help a friendly guild out to complete a quest they can't fulfill themselves, since temporarily going to another guild will be done in such a way that you can't help out. I saw this as a way to extend friendship and you've ruined that.

For those of us who have paid astronomical amounts of money, you've made our purchases less valuable by getting for free, what we've had to pay for.

Disrespecting other players by using their names for your looting guilds, should be punished. I could care less if my name is used, (I'll deal with them myself by removing the ones i know responsible from my friend list and when i see them in the bay,) but it shows a pure lack of community respect.

You guys have made a mockery out of something that was supposed to be fun, by being greedy, and this is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
  17. Lucian758

Lucian758 Member

But this situation is an easy solve it's only 2 seasons so far since bittersteel said he got 200k the legal way then that means anyone who got over 450-500k raffle tickets just reroll them lol coz honest players ain't passed 500k raffle points yet ez fix gg

18. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Couldn't agree more..those who are using the exploit are trying to shift the blame onto the Devs..NOBODY is forcing them to use the exploit and personally..I so hope some sort of action is taken against those who have used the exploit.
    For anyone who has paid a LOT of money to get legendary etc..this must feel like a kick in the nuts..I know I wouldn't spend anymore IF the exploiters got away with getting whatever weapons/perks that a LOT of people have paid for.

And as Kitterini said..how the heck did they release guild quests WITHOUT realising what would happen is quite frankly..mind boggling.

Mr. Chompers and tgtv like this.
  19. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    To American Marauder and other people who have invested money in the game. I respect you as players, you have through your contribution made for the game and community possible to grow. I like the fact that people who actually invested have epic items and perks. As im writing Niraj’s group has had 10 or more farming groups only today, as have others. They will within one week have legendary tier 3-4 items. At lower levels the game is more skewed up still as farmer hoppers have all epic perks with 100 matches played. The whole bottom has fallen off from the economy system - but when I point this out to these farmers they say its totally fine.

Where is the love for the game and the community.

Ps. Digging your videos Mr. Marauder!

20. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You're right, the economy system is now broken, which means Rovio is losing revenue. That's why I think a fix will happen quickly.

The most ironic thing of this whole fiasco is, the ones who were crying / whining the loudest in VIP chat, are the biggest abusers of this exploit. Hypocrites.

Thanks, the videos are fun to make. :)

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
    *Rubber Duck*, JJf and Dobson like this.