1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The board 1 repeat farming Loophole

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 7 Oct 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

that's incorrect. You get awarded individually more for completing quests too, ontop of the quest prizes and board prize.

We also won 1st on our Rivalry which is another 42k.

pdcpdc likes this.
  2. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Ive finished with about 190k w/o hopping.

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Everything in this game (and other purely competitive multiplayer games) only hold a value in comparison to what others have. The whole business model is build on people buying pearls to outbid the progress of others.

When people abuse a flaw in the system to gain a crazy amount of free progress they devalue everyone elses investment.
    Your items only hold value when compared to what you are fighting against.

Its a moral issue, in my opinion, because the people doing this are well aware that they are abusing a flaw to gain an unfair advantage. Doing something you know is wrong obviously needs to have a consequence (again, in my opinion), in particular when the level of abusal behaviour is as absurd as some cases here.

Having said that, could you guys take the personal insults and namecalling to another thread please. I think its fine to shame the worst cheaters, but it also gives devs motive to delete the thread.

4. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

approval1.png

5. BEN

BEN Active Member

Probably. But for any business the higher ups are always in discussion thru email, phone, etc etc. This is a pretty big deal. I dont think they would take a weekend off and just leave it to Monday while all hell breaks loose in BB. I bet they already have a plan in place, just havent said anything and are not executing it yet.

6. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

I won’t respond to every post mentioning my name because I haven’t even read them all BUT I will say that the 200k in that video was earned legitimately from coming first in the previous rivalry season.

As for whether or not I’ve been farming AFTER the first rivalry season.. Well.. My only comment is that my friends at Rovio haven’t said it’s a bannable offence. To say that it is unfair to farm tokens for resources for those who don’t farm tokens is the same as saying people who actually play battles is unfair for those who don’t play battles. That is, anyone can farm and anyone can play battles, so how is either unfair for those who don’t?

7. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I would say this. No one should call anyone out for guild jumping. This is the system Rovio gave us and if someone finds a way to take advantage of it good for them. Since guild jumping is not what was intended Rovio should do something about it. The goal Rovio has it to make guild important where they can grow together. I personally don’t guild hop because I am too lazy and just like playing the game. To the players who do enjoy it while you can.

8. JJf

JJf Member

No. It is not the same.

9. Spartz

Spartz New Member

Just rollback everyone before the update. Pretty sure they had to saved up before a major update.
    Like that everyone is on the same page.

Ningting likes this.
  10. BEN

BEN Active Member

You cant even admit it. Lol. Be a man and at least say you did instead of "As for whether or not I've been farming AFTER this first rivalry season.. WELL....." Grow a pair and own it. Excuses and trying to find moral sense in farming is pathetic.

THE ONE (sniper) likes this.
  11. Ningting

Ningting New Member

Agreed. They would be the same only if the dev allows people to guild hopping from now on, but not view this as a loophole and dispatch an update to fix that, hopefully in the near future.

12. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

It’s really not comparable though, the game was designed for us to play battles, and to gain advantage by winning resources and infamy from battles, while the lvl 1 board farming is an unintended side effect of a new feature. We all know we’re not supposed to earn resources exploiting a loophole like this.

And while everyone can exploit it, the game is really better if no one did it.

IMHO, this was handled badly by Rovio, they could have prevented this tragedy of the commons slippery slope of exploitation if they acted early. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt through, and hope they publish a stellar plan for clearing up this mess early next week.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Cpt Obvious

While I wish they could reset any unfair advantage gained, this would severely fuck my own progress over, as I’ve gained my first legendary weapon this week - and I was lucky enough it was an item I actually use. Got the last missing piece I’ve been waiting months for by scrapping an epic rudder.

I expect many people, loophole exploiters or not, would be really frustrated if that happened :)

14. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Gratz. What did u get?

15. Lucian758

Lucian758 Member

Man this sucks rovio took too long to fix the issue I didn't join in on the guild farming I don't even know where to start man I hope devs fix this as now the game is 100% unfair. I swear if I see a friggin f2p player with full God damn epic perks at around 2-3k infamy Imma lose it

EDIT: btw rovio if you do compensate us good honest players I need 6 rare/ epic fire damage perks as well as x2 standard shields along with rare/epic health giving perks (x3) . Thanks bro rovio

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  16. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    i gave in to the dark side(according to some of you)

17. BEN

BEN Active Member

It is very tempting. With so many people doing it its hard not to give in.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Cpt Obvious

Fire Bomb, already used a T4R one, new one does 20 more dmg per tick :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    The main problem here is the lack of communication between devs and players therefore more and more people join in.

Just quit whining about those who choose to guild hop, the developers aren’t saying anything about it, who wouldn’t want to gain the most benefits that they can get?

Instead, you should be directing your complains to the developers, who’s last official statement was it is in fact ALLOWED to guild hop and NO CONSEQUENCES will happen to those accounts.

Attached Files:

20. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

I like my guild to much to start hopping. Thanks. @TheAntiSnipe :):):)

The Otherguy and Iunch like this.