1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The board 1 repeat farming Loophole

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 7 Oct 2017.

1. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    You can’t really call it cheating because the quests are reliant on wins, so it’s not like people are getting a quick kill or two then suiciding out and repeating. You have to win the battle so you can argue it’s not affecting game play, if anything it’s promoting it really.

Its like people found a loophole because Rovio didn't think deeply enough before shipping the guild quest feature. People are just gaming the system to their advantage. Nothing in life is fair/free. Yes, it's ruining the fun for some people but the ones participating are having more fun themselves as rovio is practically throwing free stuff. More and more people will follow as it helps them get more and more free stuff.

Being honest can only go so far. I don't think rovio is gonna compensate the honest folks and punish the gamers who gamed the loophole.

At the end, it's Rovio's fault. No one is cheating. Rovio needs to fix this asap or not. It's up to Rovio to take away those guild raffle tokens or whatever they want to do.

pdcpdc, Evilchicken235 and Fin- like this.
  2. JustPlainSowad

People quiting or playing less is their personal choice. Rovio isn't forcing anyone to play the game or paying anyone to play the game. Do what you want in your own time.

To be completely honest, people were begging for an update and there were a few who wanted to quit the game. The community was mad. The devs just shipped an update without properly thinking everything. Sometime I feel like amateurs are running the show for Battle Bay and Rovio doesn't really care as much for Battle Bay. Everything about this update feels bittersweet. Too good to be true.

Many months in the future we might even forget this update. Like we stopped playing this game or they fix the issue and battle bay gets bigger than ever.

3. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

They were silent before weekend too.

4. JJf

JJf Member

Ah, I was waiting for the autistic point of view! Yes, that all would be true if the players were computer-based bots playing the game. But we are (almost) all human beings and using loopholes like this breaks the social rules we have in our lives. Everything would be fine if Rovio had told the players months ago that there is no need to spend money or time because soon there will be free items for everyone to collect. They didn't and it means players who have used money or time or both feel being cheated for months.

it is also the reason the cheaters should be punished. Everything would be ok if they were just taking free stuff from Rovio because they would be stealing from the developer by using methods the developer had allowed. But they all know they are actually stealing from the community, from the other players. They are taking advantages compared to the other players by using suspicious methods. In the multiplayer games the things are never between the developer and the player - everything is also between the players.

Iunch and Dobson like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, guys, guys! Listen up. Let's see what the devs do. Let's wait it out. Personally, I think that doing the rerolls is a bad move. Maybe they should reward the sincere players.
    In my opinion, I want some big-ass compensation for this, since I abided by my moral code. So did my entire guild, which is full of people that I'm proud to lead. Let's see..

pdcpdc, JJf, Fin- and 1 other person like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

@Bennunator u might wanna answer here? Just saw you online...

7. Rock'N'Rolla

They are not going to answer anybody about balancing this situation. Only 'We'll fix a loophole SOOOOON"

8. TheAntiSnipe

Maybe at least that much? Because, as far as I know, they haven't yet acknowledged it at all!

9. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    What bothers me most is the pace this is escalating, many of my ingame active friends
    have started to farm already in this crazy free-for-all.

The reasoning being "Rovio is silent so lets exploit while we can so we don't miss out".

Official stance would help a lot. And hard to see it being "this is OK" because
    then the payers would lose so much of their hard-bought advantage.

I haven't read in any official Rovio communication (forum, in game letters) any stance on this,
    or even that they are aware of it.

I have been documenting and reporting these hoppers but there's probably hundreds
    or thousands already so it gets too time consuming.

JJf likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

Like in the event of a mortar shower, it is best to stay still if there's no cover, it is also true that in the event of exploits, DON'T EXPLOIT. There's no telling what would happen if the devs decided to crack down. So I'm not gonna do it, nor am I gonna let my guild do it.

11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you abuse a broken mechanic by accident sure. When you make a new guild every hour to farm what is obviously not meant to be possible then you are cheating, plain and simple.
    You are cheating Rovio for income, and more importantly you are cheating every single player who doesnt share your questionable behaviour. Noone doing this is half a second in doubt that this is an exploit, if you abuse exploits you accept the risk of being punished. If they let this go then everything goes.

(Not meant to indicate that you use the farm cheat, that I dont know).

12. JustPlainSowad

I agree to a certain extent. But Rovio isn't saying anything. Cheaters gonna cheat no matter what - in any way they can. If there isn't a way they will find a new one. In clash of clans you could use xmod etc but on Battle Bay you can't to my knowledge. Using a 3rd party software to cheat is what I call cheating. Our definition of cheating is probably different. Here Rovio isn't saying or doing anything - certain members are just gaming the system - milking it while they can.

And No - I don't farm and join guilds. I am in the same family of guilds and not active enough to play the game as much to farm raffles 24/7.

pdcpdc likes this.
  13. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

I doubt there's gonna be any change, who knows if your kicked or your hopping guilds.

Just Use Photo Evidence, If Your In 3 Guilds A Day ( B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶L̶o̶t̶u̶s̶) Thats Suspisious

Plus As A Free To Play Player This Pisses Me Off but What You Gonna Do?

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I agree with this. it's an exploit, an exploit that Rovio failed to plug right off the start. However being in a situation like this, we also have to blame them for the poor communication of rules: that this exploit is punishable or not. Infact, they said that guild hopping isn't outside the rules. So they are clearly saying that they won't be punishing or banning everyone that has been doing it. so this opened the floodgates.

Team Canada was reluctant at first, but seeing how a certain number of Asian guilds have been doing it since season 1. As all the competitive guilds will soon pick it up and somewhat forced to jump on the bandwagon themselves. Trying to stay competitive or not wanting to be left behind. it's similar to what some sports and the doping scandals go through(Tour de france/cycling, MLB baseball) when a certain enhancing drug can get through the loopholes of testing. A similar issue in gaming is Clash of Clans with the mods or bots, they had to let it go, majority of the players did not get caught or banned. There's a huge mass of high level Nightmare players that have been using this exploit this season.

The problem is, how will this be handled, how would we roll back when at this period there are legit players that have received items, and exploiters who scrapped their items or sold perks that was replaced? If it's a rollback, it'll need to be a clean before the guilds update/ patch rollback, but I think a lot of people will be out the door if that happens.

So i'll admit, I have been doing this exploit. I am one that won't lie about this. Why should I? I'm a f2p Farmer at heart and this have been really fun to be honest. The game hasn't been this interesting for me in a long while.

I haven't played a whole lot , but farming a few sessons I can easily get tokens more than an entire last season. Last season at Team Canada we did approximately 180k -200k via legit way getting to board 6, so ya we are a great guild in terms of Guild rivalry, but we also felt burned for wasting so much time and effort for boards 4-5 that reared little tokens. In one farming sesson you can get 100k quite easily.

This clearly shows how completely Broken this Guild update is. I've stated it in the past, the Guild Tokens were not well thought out, and this is what happens when competitive and devoted/addicted players find such holes. don't blame the players, blame the developer.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2017
  15. Rock'N'Rolla

Do they care about somebody blaming them..?

16. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I’d rather lose with pride than win by cheat.

17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

No, and that's the underlying issue. They are obviously aware of the situation and it's getting out of hand. Rovio has been shoving it under a rug as a vast majority doesn't know of the loophole, so censoring(Asian guilds) this on the forums (this thread might be deleted soon) is the only way to control it from spreading too fast.

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  18. Rock'N'Rolla

So they want us to act like nothing is happening?! Great problem solving... Floaters are kids compared with loophole abusers now...

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It's called damage control. It's irreversible damage but at this point aside from releasing an update/patch or something on the client side/server to stop it(I'm guessing they can not, since the client / game is their code), there's nothing they can really do. try to keep the damage at the minimum.

Saying that using the exploits is punishable/bannable is another issue entirely. Given the small developer team that they have, and possible thousands of players, how are they going to police this? They would require an entire new team of resources to devoted to handling this situation. Therefore unlikely.

The Otherguy and pdcpdc like this.
  20. Rock'N'Rolla

The can do it easilly. Announce in global chat or our ingame INBOX that exploiting that loophole is a bannable offence. But they decided not to do it... Deleting forum threads and posts is completely useless already because everybody in VIP and global chats is discussing it.

The situation is completely out of their control... I can't even imagine what they should do to solve it.

NightXO likes this.