1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The board 1 repeat farming Loophole

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that they'll be willing to hand out free stuff to match the gain made by the worst offenders. (Look at Bittersteels 200k token vid and Imagine having done that daily since the patch).
    Even giving everyone that didnt cheat 200k raffle tokens would leave the cheaters as the winners.

2. BEN

BEN Active Member

So thats it then. The Devs are working on a fix and it looks like there wont be any penalties.

Well....... atleast were getting a fix early.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

We can't call that EARLY. Abusers will farm another 300-500 thousands tokens...

4. Kitterini

The problem is that this is a 100% competitive multiplayer game, so whenever someone gains an unfair advantage everyone else loses out.

I cannot fathom a scenario where they let people that blatantly abuse a flaw that gives clearly wrong rewards go unpunished. Its cheating, plain and simple.
    Ignore this and any cheating goes from now on.

Perhaps mass bans isnt a viable option, but rolling every single (obvious) cheater account back to prepatch is a bare minimum.

Miathan, SCOOTY PUFF Jr and JJf like this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It seemed more likely than them rolling back the whole game by two weeks (which they will never do).

I’m pretty certain that rolling back cheaters is going to prove too impractical, so they won’t do that either.

And it also looks like they won’t even punish the cheaters, because it was ultimately Rovio’s fault, so it’s debatable who was cheating, and to what extent. So that doesn’t leave many options.

Either they just ignore the whole thing, which will be a huge slap in the face to people who didn’t abuse the loophole. Or they reward the people who played honestly, with some kind of treat.

Personally, I think rewarding people who haven’t been guild hopping sounds like the least worst option.

Even if it didn’t quite match what the worst cheaters have accumulated. It would still be a nice gesture.

I did watch Bittersteel’s video, and I think while he collected a lot of stuff, I think it was still probably less than the value of an epic crate.

If I got a free epic crate, and some rerolls on the raffle, for not jumping guilds, I think I would certainly feel a lot better about the whole situation, and that my honesty was valued.

6. Kitterini

I get your point, but I do think people carry responsability for their own actions also. This is not a crusade against people who have changed guild a few times, nor people who have been tempted to join a farm guild once or twice.

Its a crusade against the people that abuse a farm method that is beyond any doubt unintended. Noone that does this thinks this is how its meant to be, they are abusing a flaw for personal gain (at the expense of every non cheater) and hope Rovio chickens out of dishing out appropriate penalties.

Online multiplayer games routinely penalize people who abuse flaws like this. If you know that what you are doing is wrong, then continouing to do so is blatant cheating. There is no good argument for letting cheaters cheat. Not doing anything is to spit honest players in the face.

I'll be the first in line for a full refund if they let this go. The value gained unfairly goes far beyond what I'll be willing to accept, and others gaining value by cheating devalues my investment directly.

Iunch likes this.
  7. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    They can’t let the cheaters continue this, and they can’t leave them unpunished. The best punishment would be a few days ban and take all their items that they got by cheating. This is difficult to do, but I think that it is the best thing to do now.

Miathan and JJf like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Like!

9. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

IMHO, something needs to be done to rectify the advantage that was (and is being) gained. I'm defiantly not calling for a ban hammer, but the playing field needs to be levelled somehow, either by reducing advantage in one end, or compensating on the other. I also don't have problem with people jumping around a few times, but the outliers bother me.
    During the time we spent hopelessly trying to grind through the level 5 board (hours and hours - and we failed) you could probably run 20-40 lvl 1 boards (maybe even more if you re-rolled guilds until you got a favourable set).

The current situation with no clear response also puts people in a hard spot - do I join in on the lvl1 board grinding? Or do I let others gain an advantage over me?

As both @Kitterini and @Bunta have said earlier, it ruins much of the fun - at least for the moment. If this is completely ignored then I might be out, will see how I feel about it in a few weeks.

(Myself I'm at less than ~80k guild tokens collected, but that's mostly through fault on my own since I severely underestimated guild rewards and stayed in my own one man guild until late last rivalry cycle)

Last edited: 8 Oct 2017
    The Otherguy, Dobson and JJf like this.
  10. Lucian758

Lucian758 Member

Man ain't nothing gon be done to those who abused this system if something had to be done it would've been done the exact same day of the update(because I'm sure devs found out it was happening) basically just remove update and reroll but now it's too late to remove update and reroll as too much time has passed. It just sucks to be honest sometimes I guess cheaters prospers while good honest players fall behind as kitirina said we honest players are now at a disadvantage in perks/pieces/parts/pearls/ weapons(legendary weapon from legendary bonus round) and finally gold well this sucks. This huge disadvantage will show in battle which sucks even more damn devs y'all messed up.

Edit: devs might end up dumbing down guild raffle board and make it so shitty as a punishment lol but then all the previous loot the cheaters got still in their position...... this sucks makes me wanna quit

11. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Both from business and game balance standpoint, these loot benefits SHOULD be rest.

Go for the easy board fast and then form a new guild, going for the easy board fast, and rinse repeat. This way they have
    farmed from 24,000 to 48,000 guild raffle tokens in one hour. (12,000 from board completion and 1000 * 12 from quests)

Since yesterday former Team Canada started to do this too - yesterday they were RENEGAYS and today they are team
    Canada II. Also from today Final Family Bay has started guildhopping and token farming. So it's happening more and more
    at the top tier players level.

An announcement from developers to say this guild hopping is not permitted, and that the attained loot will be
    reset from server side from all participants, would be most welcome.

It also makes going for anything else than the easy quest board completely pointless, as the guild hopping gains an
    active farming group even 480,000 guild raffle tokens in one day.

Those amounts undermine both the players who have bought in app purchases and longtime faithful players
    who have grinded item and perk progression before 2.5. update.

Even a clean progression reset to pre 2.5 would be better than letting everyone get away with loot -
    the ecosystem would be very unfair after that.

12. Lucian758

Lucian758 Member

Yes reset should be the option but the devs are taking too long to reset the game as more time goes by players are getting items from either opening chests of buy parts from store to combine to make their weapons I think it's already too late for a reset

pdcpdc likes this.
  13. Lucian758

Lucian758 Member

It's a shame I didn't think to reap these rewards dammmit I'm so mad I didn't do it plus I don't want to leave my guild just to do that lol

14. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

As expected, as time pass without a clear dev response, more and more players will feel like they are missing out.
    You force them to either join in (chance of a dev response that will hurt you is reduced the more people are involved), or risk losing in the long run.
    Tragedy of the commons.

Many of the big guilds on the top list are merely empty shells at the moment.

pdcpdc likes this.
  15. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Battle Bay will probably lose lots of players now regardless of what they'll do. They can either reset the stuff gained, but that will piss of lots and lots of players. Imagine you scrapped some gear because you got better stuff from the guild raffle, then you'll be left with nothing, wich will result in lots of people that quit.

Another option is that they don't reset the stuff gained, but then lots of fair players will feel like it's unfair, so lots of them will quit playing battle bay.

Or they can punish the guild hoppers with a temporary ban, but those hoppers will still have a huge advantage over fair players when the ban is over, resulting in lots of honest players to quit.

Or a permanent ban for hoppers... Lots of players will be banned for good, including lots of top players. Some even are guild leaders of top guilds, this will cause a big chaos in the game. Also permanently banned top players means significantly less income for them.

Comclusion... The devs really, really screwed up big time. A "mistake" this huge is just mindblowing.

pdcpdc and JJf like this.
  16. JJf

JJf Member

I have been playing BB since February and kept collecting items and improving my skills because I think Battle Bay is fun. The guild quests made it even more fun because I love playing with the other guild members and trying to complete quests together with them, helping everyone get tokens and new items. I thought the update would mean a good guild with nice and skilled members could climb higher and higher, being better together. That's just what I wanted guilds to be!

Now it looks like the update means the players who like playing together in a guild and make their guild every day better will just get less than cheaters. The update ruined the work we have done together and also the work we have done to get our gear better. It also made the money some players have used completely useless. We have used loads of money or many hours weekly for months to get items good enough to compete with the bests. That's all gone, because you can do the same and even more easily just by doing easy guild quests. Battle bay is not fun at all anymore. The hoppers must be punished and the items earned must be taken away. Otherwise the idea of playing Battle Bay has been lost. I am looking what happens but if nothing happens, you can keep the game. I have lost the joy of playing.

pdcpdc likes this.
  17. Rock'N'Rolla

The most frustrating part is that Devs keep silent about all shit is going on... Fair players keep guessing what will happen, unfair players keep exploiting while they are allowed to, devs... devs only say that SOON there would be a patch that will close an exploit. BUT WHAT WILL THEY DO WITH THE WHOLE SITUATION THAT ALREADY HAPPENED???

NightXO, Fin-, Dobson and 1 other person like this.
  18. JJf

JJf Member

If you cheat you shouldn't scrap anything. It's just stupid. They might be pissed but they knew they were cheating.

Anyway, your conclusion was right. This kind of mistake is huge. They are in situation they can only lose. But what should they do to lose as little as possible?

19. Rock'N'Rolla

Sad but true...

20. JJf

JJf Member

That's exactly my thoughts! The communication is awful at the moment. Yes, it is weekend and the update and also the problem has just appeared but the complete silence is the worst thing to do. During the big silence people just keep farming and the others play less or quit playing.

Dobson likes this.